How Was Our Performance? Par / Over / Under Our Average?

Tandy

I was responding to a post in another thread about our defense - and it got me thinking - well - how did our offense do as well?

So, I've compiled our averages in each of the categories listed below for the 1st 4 games and then compared it to this game with a +/- for performance difference.

I've also listed the Washington averages to show how our defense did.

Atlanta Falcons - Average Per Game before this Game followed by (Performance this game) followed by difference +/-

Time of Possession = 31.43, (37.01), +5.18

Total Points Per Game = 31, (24), -7

Offense Points Per Game = 31, (24), -7

1st Downs Per Game = 23, (28), +5

Rushing 1st Downs = 4.5, (5), +0.5

Passing 1st Downs = 16, (21), +5

3rd down Conversions = 5.75 of 12.25 for 46.9%, (9 of 17 for 52.9%), +6%

Offensive Touchdowns = 3.5, (3), -0.5

Yards Offense = 365.25, (421), +55.75

Yards Passing = 267.5, (338), +70.5

Yards Rushing = 97.75, (83), -14.75

Field Goals = 2.25, (1), -1.25

================================================================================================================

Washington Redskins - Average Per Game before this Game followed by (What they did against us) followed by difference +/-

Time of Possession = 33.09, (22.59), -10.5

Total Points Per Game = 30.75, (17), -13.75

Offense Points Per Game = 25.5, (10), -15.5

1st Downs Per Game = 25, (12), -13

Rushing 1st Downs = 10, (6), -4

Passing 1st Downs = 16, (6), -10

3rd down Conversions = 3.3 of 12 for 25%, (1 of 9 for 11%), -14%

Offensive Touchdowns = 3, (1), -2

Yards Offense = 422, (316), -106

Yards Passing = 251, (187), -64

Yards Rushing = 171, (129), -42

Field Goals = 1.5, (1), -.5

I'd give it a solid B+.

The things I didn't like were the tackling on defense now I no Morris is a hard down field runner but there were alot of times where our guys had a good angle on him but whiffed I thought Morris got to many yards after first impact.Also didn't like all the short pass drops by a number of pass catches 1 by quizz without a defender within 5-8 yards sticks out in my mind.

Positives well Ryan for me the guy is unflappable and the closer the game the BIGGER Ryan seems to play I like that in a QB.

Guest Negatorris

I expected it to be a hard fought game because of our defenses inability to stop the run, but although Morris got his yards they were great for the most part. I do believe the offense left points on the board. Dropped passes, overthrown balls. They seemed out of sorts until the 4th quarter came around. Honestly, I have been impressed with Koetter, but his play-calling yesterday was not good at all. That Ryan pick-6 was just a brainfart on Ryan, and I don't even know who to blame for the fumble. We have played sloppy on defense in the last game, and sloppy on offense in this game. Hopefully we get it together against the Raiders, and then correct some things on the BYE week.

From my point of view I think we we're "PAR".....I'll give the defense a C-........I'll give the Offense a B+....They could've connected a little better!.......

C- for the defense wow..

They only allowed 10 points away from home in 4 QTR's of F/Ball..

The only real problem we all see is Run D and the odd missed tackle here and there.

C- is pretty tough I'd give them a solid B..

C- for the defense wow..

They only allowed 10 points away from home in 4 QTR's of F/Ball..

The only real problem we all see is Run D and the odd missed tackle here and there.

C- is pretty tough I'd give them a solid B..

yeah, maybe I'm being tough, but we need to get better on the run D! Pass D did pretty well except for that blown coverage!

If RG3 didn't get hurt I honestly think that we would have one the game 24-10 instead. I mean he just wasn't doing anything. I have a feeling that if he was still in the game that coverage wouldn't have been blown so badly on 3rd down for the 75 yard touchdown.

If RG3 didn't get hurt I honestly think that we would have one the game 24-10 instead. I mean he just wasn't doing anything. I have a feeling that if he was still in the game that coverage wouldn't have been blown so badly on 3rd down for the 75 yard touchdown.

It was by design Shanahan knew and has watched us on film thats why i think he dialled RG3 back from a pass heavy attack because of the disguise that Nolan uses against the pass and hence why like many teams will attempt to go run heavy against us but it seems we are still able to do just enough against the run to get it done.we give up alot of easy yards running 20 to 20 but when teams a forced to pass we are able to make those play stopping drives hence why we are up there overall in the league with regards to the Takeaway stats.