I Hate This Trap Game Nonsense But........................................

Bring It

If EVER there was a perfect storm for a "TRAP" game folks, it's this Raider game coming up.

They are TERRIBLE on the road.

They lose to Miami and Denver BUT beat the Steelers at home.

They're coming off their Bye Week, well rested, well studied on the Falcons.

So.................evryone this side of Baghdad will be laughing at this week's matchup. I know, I know, Smitty and gang know they have tons of things to clean up and narrowly missed getting beat twice already and WILL NEVER take any team lightly..............I get all that...................but it's gonna take a Herculean effort by Smitty and staff to keep the players from yawning prior to this home game, in front of 71,000+ screaming fans.

Trap game ??

Let's hope not. Let's hope NO WAY !!!

Every game is a trap game if you have better record than your opponent. The longer you stay unbeaten the more trap games falcons will play if there is ever such thing as Trap game.

Agree.

This just looks too easy............too perfect for a win to go into the bye 6-0.

I don't think you guys know what a "trap game" is. A trap game is when you are overlooking your opponent because you know you have a tough rival the following week. We have the bye coming up after this, so the "trap game" moniker is not valid. Another type of game often referred to as a "trap game", would be a letdown game. A letdown game occurs after an emotional win vs a tough rival in which the same emotion and effort does not carry over to the next week. This also does not apply because this wasn't an emotional win over a tough rival.

If the Raiders do manage to beat us, that would be an enormous upset. It would not make it a trap game or a letdown game. It would just be an upset.

I thought we would easily beat Carolina & Washington but we barely beat them. On paper we should dominate the Raiders but I think it could be a close game. I think it might resemble our game against the Bengals in 2010, where on paper we should've destroyed them, have a big lead but they come back to tie the game and make it close.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301024001

I don't think you guys know what a "trap game" is. A trap game is when you are overlooking your opponent because you know you have a tough rival the following week. We have the bye coming up after this, so the "trap game" moniker is not valid. Another type of game often referred to as a "trap game", would be a letdown game. A letdown game occurs after an emotional win vs a tough rival in which the same emotion and effort does not carry over to the next week. This also does not apply because this wasn't an emotional win over a tough rival.

If the Raiders do manage to beat us, that would be an enormous upset. It would not make it a trap game or a letdown game. It would just be an upset.

Your definitions are totally accurate.

I guess I was loosening the definition to think because it would be normal to assume this should be a "routine" victory ........whatever that is..........it would be easy for the players, not the coaches, to look at the game as a "Fun Fest" at the Dome on a sunday afternoon.

You get the picture.

Will the players fall into this "Trap" ??

Probably not, but it makes for lively discussion.

Guest Negatorris

Also just to prepare you for it we are more than likely going to lose at least 1 game this year. It will be ok and we will get through it.

Can you imagine the shitstorm lol?

CUT HIM

FIRE HIM

WE WILL BE 1 AND DONE AGAIN

i'm really hoping we looked sub-par because both Carolina and Washington had X-factors, very very mobile Qbs that can hurt you when they escape as well as a good running game. Oakland doesn't have that in Palmer, hopefully we can contain Mcfadden and the rushers can pin their ears back, also Oakland is hurting with their pass rush. oh yeah its in our house, i don't see raider fans infiltrating our house like Carolina and NO sometimes do. i see the Falcons getingt back to their 30-3 winning ways :)