Matt Ryan Is Regressing

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the point of the article is that Matt is back to taking chances, but I don't really agree with that at all.

Yesterday Matt looked like the same guy that would dink and dunk the ball down the field in 2010.

The thing is.....I didn't really have a problem with it in 2010, and neither did anybody else, until the Falcons got torched in the playoffs.

I guess the point of the article is that Matt is back to taking chances, but I don't really agree with that at all.

Yesterday Matt looked like the same guy that would dink and dunk the ball down the field in 2010.

The thing is.....I didn't really have a problem with it in 2010, and neither did anybody else, until the Falcons got torched in the playoffs.

Aye, and there's the rub.

Honestly we need to stop dropping easy balls. Julio has left at least 2 TDs and 100 yards on the field already.

it was made after the Carolina game where he played more like a mature 08 Ryan...

and I agree with the article, Ryan is slinging the rock with more confidence in windows I haven't seen him aim for after 08...the main difference between 10 and 12 I'm seeing is WAY less throwaways...Carolina never gets near 7 sacks if 2010 Ryan was throwing the ball.

Edited by Wjcorner

Yeah, looked like he took a few shots downfield early, decided it wasn't working and went to dink and dunk.

Still think the deep ball will be an important part of the offense and that Ryan and Jones will get in sync on the deep pass.

it was made after the Carolina game where he played more like a mature 08 Ryan...

and I agree with the article, Ryan is slinging the rock with more confidence in windows I don't think he aims for after 08...the main difference between 10 and 12 I'm seeing is WAY less throwaways...Carolina never gets near 7 sacks if 2010 Ryan was throwing the ball.

So you'd rather him take sacks than throw the ball away?

Yeah, looked like he took a few shots downfield early, decided it wasn't working and went to dink and dunk.

Still think the deep ball will be an important part of the offense and that Ryan and Jones will get in sync on the deep pass.

We got Julio Jones, so yeah, I would imagine it will be.

But the Falcons threw plenty of deep balls last year to Julio Jones. That isn't something that is new this year.

Ryan was forced to dink and dunk. He missed his opportunities deep, but the Skins safeties were playing extremely deep. That's why Tony G was the leading receiver. I have to blame Koetter for being pass happy this game, and I spoke on it in the running game thread I started. We should have forced those safeties up by running the ball a little bit more instead of dink and dunking. That's what they wanted and weren't concerned with it if we completed it.

Don't think that's what he's saying.

Ryan was taught to throw the ball away at the first sign of trouble under MM, Koetter obviously wants him to make plays instead. If, instead of so many throwaways, we get several more big plays and a few more sacks, I'm good with that.

well along with the sacks came some of the best throws I've seen Ryan make while being flushed...and it would be foolish to think Carolina got 7 coverage sacks, as I'm sure you know

Don't think that's what he's saying.

Ryan was taught to throw the ball away at the first sign of trouble under MM, Koetter obviously wants him to make plays instead. If, instead of so many throwaways, we get several more big plays and a few more sacks, I'm good with that.

pretty much

Ryan was forced to dink and dunk. He missed his opportunities deep, but the Skins safeties were playing extremely deep. That's why Tony G was the leading receiver. I have to blame Koetter for being pass happy this game, and I spoke on it in the running game thread I started. We should have forced those safeties up by running the ball a little bit more instead of dink and dunking. That's what they wanted and weren't concerned with it if we completed it.

I agree with the point about the Redskins defense. They played completely different than any other game they've played this year.

Julio will clean the catches up.

If anyone here thinks what he has been attempting the last couple of weeks is easy do the following:

Take some scissors or an exacto knife and slice the webbing in between your fingers on either hand. Now go and try and catch a football.

How'd it work out for you?

Good point sir! Julio still had a great game and will be scaring the **** out of defenses with regularity. It's gonna be a gas to watch.

We got Julio Jones, so yeah, I would imagine it will be.

But the Falcons threw plenty of deep balls last year to Julio Jones. That isn't something that is new this year.

Yeah, but it should look different- way too much of MM's deep passing game was telegraphed w/ max protect, 2 WRs out- want to see the deep pass come out of the 3WR set, if the protection holds, take the deep shot, if not hit the intermediate option or the outlet pass.

Think this offense is much more of a work in progress than the first few games showed.

I agree with the point about the Redskins defense. They played completely different than any other game they've played this year.

That's why I'm not really complaining about the "dink and dunk" gameplan yesterday. They forced us to do it and they still picked the wrong poison. Glad to see the OLine was back to normal. We just need to get our run blocking straightened out and HD involved.

Matt is going to play like Matt. I don't really have a problem with it as long as the defense plays it part.

That's why I'm not really complaining about the "dink and dunk" gameplan yesterday. They forced us to do it and they still picked the wrong poison. Glad to see the OLine was back to normal. We just need to get our run blocking straightened out and HD involved.

Wondering if Ryan just doesn't trust HD to catch the ball or if HD is just option 4-5 and he never gets there in his reads.