Uga's Murray Still Has Big Game Problems (Espn)

Statick

Murray still has big-game problems: Coming into the season, Georgia's veteran quarterback had the stigma that he couldn't win the big game. That stigma will remain after the way he played in the Bulldogs' blowout loss to South Carolina. The SEC's most efficient quarterback left Williams-Brice Stadium after connecting on 11 of his 31 passes for 109 yards and an interception. He continues to be the only Georgia quarterback under Mark Richt who has yet to beat a top-10 team in his career. For as good as Murray has been, he struggles on the big stage, as his only wins over Top 25 teams came last year against No. 20 Auburn and No. 23 Georgia Tech. Murray never looked comfortable with all that South Carolina pressure bearing down on him, but he also pressed on a lot of throws, constantly missing receivers. The mental side of things continues to work against Murray on the big stage.

I disagree scott; i am officially fine with drinking the cool aide murry. he got rattled early, we got behind and he missed throw after throw. he was HORRIBLE. I agree had some issues at the house and our line SUCKED, but the truth is the truth - never won against a ranked team. He is not the "gamer" as advertised, get him or bobo out of thier element and they fold. PERIOD! Be fine if he leaves becuase we would have a better chance with Hudson in death valley 1st game next year - He simply cannot handle the crowd and the hype.

I blame this one as much on the players not excecuting and murry than totally putting on the coaches as all of us seem to be doing. Murry Sucked!, the OLine Was AWFUL, Rambo couldve changed the game early and got punked by a smaller WR and beat - DL got NO Pressure, at some point the players freaking excecuting and stepping up for a big game is part of it, not totally on the coaches - a lot of that thought is simply knowing we are not going to have a staff changes.

I disagree scott; i am officially fine with drinking the cool aide murry. he got rattled early, we got behind and he missed throw after throw. he was HORRIBLE. I agree had some issues at the house and our line SUCKED, but the truth is the truth - never won against a ranked team. He is not the "gamer" as advertised, get him or bobo out of thier element and they fold. PERIOD! Be fine if he leaves becuase we would have a better chance with Hudson in death valley 1st game next year - He simply cannot handle the crowd and the hype.

I'm with you up until you said we'd have a better shot with Mason at Clemson. No way.

I honestly dont think we have a shot anyway, just making the point that Murry cannot play a night game on the road with hype - he sucks at it, folds and simply played his worst game of the season, looked awful in the biggest game of his career when hes looked like a superstar all year. I like grantham, but the problem with pro coaches, my opinion is that when seeing an offense like sc, oregon, and next year clemson, they have no clue what to do or how to stop it becuase its foreign.

It certainly boggles the mind why we got thrown off our game so much defensively against UT and SC. Instead of forcing our hand and setting the tone, we played both games as if we had already gotten beat by the obvious threats.

We sold out against the pass against UT, allowing a bunch of rushing yards and no pressure on Bray which gave him time to pick his targets. We sold out to stop Lattimore early and SC scored 14 EASY on rather simple pass plays. Then we started playing the pass and Shaw ran for a bunch of 1st downs.

SC played their game. We reacted. Not a formula for winning.

I feel for Murray right now... it's terrible to watch your father develop cancer and go through all that. Murray has had his big game issues, no doubt... probably more on him individually as the QB than anyone else (though our OL was putrid on Saturday). But now's not the time to pile on the kid. He's probably going through the absolute worst personal moments of his life, may be coping with the fact he won't have his dad as long as he thought he would. I just pray that he and his family finds peace amid all the chaos.

When we couldn't score on the goal line before the half we might as well just have gone home. The saddest thing? Even when Georgia comes out and smacks someone in the face like SC did to us (a la Auburn 2010 or LSU 2011) I still don't feel any more confident we're going to win, whereas this game was decided in the first 10 minutes.

I believe Murray deserves a bye on this one. If I had just found out my dad had thyroid cancer that was spreading then I wouldn't be very focused either. Don't think anybody would. And gates letting clowney by 100 times untouched didn't help either

Aaron found out that news on Sunday, not Saturday. Still hope things go well for his father and his family. It's a real life changer to lose your father. I lost mine when I was close to 40 and Aaron is still a college kid so I'm sure he is scared and hopeful that the surgery will be a success.

What bothers me is that clowney was allowed to do whatever he wanted. How about triple teaming the guy instead of letting him abuse our lineman all night long. After our game plan failed, our coaches had zero response or ideas on what to do.

You also have to love that Carolina's real weakness going into this game, wasnt exploited at all or maybe bandy and Kentucky are just that much better defensively. For the record we absolutely looked like the worst team sc has played this year, and that says a lot.

What bothers me is that clowney was allowed to do whatever he wanted. How about triple teaming the guy instead of letting him abuse our lineman all night long. After our game plan failed, our coaches had zero response or ideas on what to do.

You also have to love that Carolina's real weakness going into this game, wasnt exploited at all or maybe bandy and Kentucky are just that much better defensively. For the record we absolutely looked like the worst team sc has played this year, and that says a lot.

I was getting so upset watching play after play refusing to even double Clowney. We left Gates out in the cold, at most just chipping Clowney with a TE or leaving Gurley/Marshall to pick up pass pro... and they failed miserably the whole game. There was no adjustment there.

Defensively there is no way we should have given up as much as we did. Our d looked LOST early on. And when the defense did tighten up, our offense couldn't do squat... so 4-7 plays later they would be right back on the field.

Very very frustrating game.

I'm just amazed that we went into that game with zero intention of game planning for SC's d-line. There was no TE help, no chipping, no misdirection, no inside screens, no draws, nada.... blows my mind.

We chipped him but not regularly and never executed well. We pretty much trusted Gates to deal with him even though Gates isn't a proven OT. Gates won a few of the battles but by and large Clowney just had his way.

Blows my mind too. It's like we didn't gameplan anything hardly at all other than Lattimore.

We chipped him but not regularly and never executed well. We pretty much trusted Gates to deal with him even though Gates isn't a proven OT. Gates won a few of the battles but by and large Clowney just had his way.

Blows my mind too. It's like we didn't gameplan anything hardly at all other than Lattimore.

We "attempted" to chip him a couple of times. It was a half assed effort at best so I don't really count it as actually trying to do much of anything.