Antone Smith Runs A 4.2

Guest Negatorris

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

We're 5-0...why complain when what we're doing is working? don't change crap just because...

Oh sorry for complaining that an explosive player is left to sit on the bench, even though he can come in and make us even better.

dry.png

Not to complain, but it made me sad during the broadcast when they showed the Browns score on GB and I saw how quickly and decisively Richardson hit the hole for his TD. Turner still has a burst as we saw when he closed the game out against the Chargers; however, he seems indecisive and as such gets twinkle toes behind the line of scrimmage.

Not to complain, but it made me sad during the broadcast when they showed the Browns score on GB and I saw how quickly and decisively Richardson hit the hole for his TD. Turner still has a burst as we saw when he closed the game out against the Chargers; however, he seems indecisive and as such gets twinkle toes behind the line of scrimmage.

You get indecisive when there isn't much of a hole. Period.

It does not matter how fast you are. U could run a 3.9 and it wouldn't matter if there is little room to run. It's only good in a straight line. U could run a 4.2 40 but be slow in the cone drill or shuttle run which means your not that quick. I played rb and BELIEVE me, I ran a 4.3 and if a hole wasn't there it did not matter about my speed. I ran away from ppl in open field but if there was no crease I wasnt running away from sh!t. This is the most ridiculous argument we have now that the season has started. Turner hasn't even had a 20+ touch game yet and everybody is crying. He ran for a TD today and without that TD it's a different game for us. He had a good game against SD as well. Besides that, maybe Smith lacks good blocking or is still developing reading what a defense is doing because believe it or not RB's have to recognize things too. Turner still has the best carry average out of all our backs. PS...Did Richardsons decisiveness and speed help his team beat the Giants today??

Edited by TheFatboi

It does not matter how fast you are. U could run a 3.9 and it wouldn't matter if there is little room to run. It's only good in a straight line. U could run a 4.2 40 but be slow in the cone drill or shuttle run which means your not that quick. I played rb and BELIEVE me, I ran a 4.3 and if a hole wasn't there it did not matter about my speed. I ran away from ppl in open field but if there was no crease I wasnt running away from sh!t. This is the most ridiculous argument we have now that the season has started. Turner hasn't even had a 20+ touch game yet and everybody are crying. He ran for a TD today and without that TD it's a different game for us. He had a good game against SD as well. Besides that, maybe Smith lacks good blocking or is still developing reading what a defense is doing because believe it or not RB's have to recognize things too. Turner still has the best carry average out of all our backs.

I agree with this sir....nicely said. Thank you

Guest Negatorris

Does smith really run a 4.2?

Yes

And to the other people, the run blocking has actually been decent. This is not a bash Turner thread. This is just a thread about giving a playmaker a chance. Our running game can't get any worse.

Yes

And to the other people, the run blocking has actually been decent. This is not a bash Turner thread. This is just a thread about giving a playmaker a chance. Our running game can't get any worse.

It's been decent the last few weeks. Since the SD game. My thing is defenses will play us a certain way depending on who is in the game. Almost for certain they will bite super hard if turner is in the game on PA just because the threat of him is present. Bring in Smith and the respect level changes and they don't bite on PA quite as much. Smith may not be a good blocker, He may not notice things pre snap, and his speed is only good in a straight line. Tho u may not like Turner ppl still get tired of hitting him. If he touches the ball 20 times today he has 100 yards rushing with a score. At 5-0 dont fix what ain't broke.

You get indecisive when there isn't much of a hole. Period.

I am aware that our run blocking has not been as strong as in years past; however, do you believe Turner runs as strong as he did in 2008-2011? Maybe I'm wrong but he just seems hesitant to hit the hole with power. Even if it's just for three yards, put your head down and bury some linebackers. He still does it occasionally and it's fun to watch... just want to see more of it.

Guest Negatorris

It's been decent the last few weeks. Since the SD game. My thing is defenses will play us a certain way depending on who is in the game. Almost for certain they will bite super hard if turner is in the game on PA just because the threat of him is present. Bring in Smith and the respect level changes and they don't bite on PA quite as much. Smith may not be a good blocker, He may not notice things pre snap, and his speed is only good in a straight line. Tho u may not like Turner ppl still get tired of hitting him. If he touches the ball 20 times today he has 100 yards rushing with a score. At 5-0 dont fix what ain't broke.

I'm not asking for Antone to come in and take away a bunch of Turner's carries. And with PA the defense will respect him once they take a whiff of his speed. The PA can work even with Snelling.