Where's All That Movement?

The Vent King

Just wondering wassup with the lack of the guys jumping and moving around from spot to spot on defense? The 1st three games they were all of the place like in the Broncos game for example and it was exciting to watch, now I'm not seeing that much. I believe that was the essence of the "Amoeba" defense if I'm not mistaken (which I probably am)...could someone explain to me what I'm missing? Is it different schemes for diff teams or what?

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

well they played pocket passers. something I am starting to wonder what Nolan is amazing at and lacks the how to slaughter running QB's.

I beat next week you'll see the week 1-3 falcons D back.

Just wondering wassup with the lack of the guys jumping and moving around from spot to spot on defense? The 1st three games they were all of the place like in the Broncos game for example and it was exciting to watch, now I'm not seeing that much. I believe that was the essence of the "Amoeba" defense if I'm not mistaken (which I probably am)...could someone explain to me what I'm missing? Is it different schemes for diff teams or what?

Don't want guys roving all over the place when you have a mobile QB, need to maintain gap control and eliminate running lanes.

Thanks, that pocket passer vs running QB thing makes sense. I knew I was missing something, but thanx 2 you all my coworkers will never know I didn't know that 2morrow lol

that's why this msgb is the best, so many knowledgable fans

The mush patrol will be back next week vs. Palmer. They have two weeks to get ready, but no new film to look at since we have whet standard the last two weeks. Kinda worked out well for us all around.

The amoeba look helps confuse sophisticated pocket passers that take pre snap reads and know what coverage the D has.

No offense to RGIII but he is still a rookie and is going to be fooled with basic pre snap looks. As for Cam, he is obviously struggling to read D, so no extra effort needed to confuse him. So between that and the danger of getting out of position on the edge with the amoeba looks, we have been more conventional v. those guys.

In fact it may be a litmus test if Nolan thinks he's facing a good D reading QB or not if the amoeba comes out.