Akeem Dent

vel

This guy sucks. Period. He is lost out there all the time, his tackling is poor, his pursuit to the ball is bad, he can't shed or stack blocks. He just isn't a good MLB and is the reason for our poor run D. Go back and watch the film if you can.

I saw one play where he took on the block (a step late might I add) and the OG pushed him back a couple of yards before Dent shed him and his first step was in the wrong direction. He just isn't good and is a liability out there. When a team runs the ball more than 20 times and your MLB only has 2 tackles (1 solo), you can obviously see the issue. The 49ers are tough to run on because of Willis and Bowman in the middle. Dent can't tackle or plug the run. His awareness is very low and his pursuit is poor as well. With the kind of DTs we have, they are funneling the run instead of trying to stop the run and we don't have a MLB that can handle that anymore. This isn't a matter of lack of experience, this is a matter of lack of ability. Dent isn't able to be a NFL caliber MLB and I don't see our run D being solved this year, especially against teams with mobile QBs.

Our defense truly taking the next step depends on Dent stepping up. We are a top 8 unit against the pass but bottom 3 in stopping the run. Hopefully Peters' return helps, but Dent will need to step up big time if we're to correct our run D woes.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy sucks. Period. He is lost out there all the time, his tackling is poor, his pursuit to the ball is bad, he can't shed or stack blocks. He just isn't a good MLB and is the reason for our poor run D. Go back and watch the film if you can.

I saw one play where he took on the block (a step late might I add) and the OG pushed him back a couple of yards before Dent shed him and his first step was in the wrong direction. He just isn't good and is a liability out there. When a team runs the ball more than 20 times and your MLB only has 2 tackles (1 solo), you can obviously see the issue. The 49ers are tough to run on because of Willis and Bowman in the middle. Dent can't tackle or plug the run. His awareness is very low and his pursuit is poor as well. With the kind of DTs we have, they are funneling the run instead of trying to stop the run and we don't have a MLB that can handle that anymore. This isn't a matter of lack of experience, this is a matter of lack of ability. Dent isn't able to be a NFL caliber MLB and I don't see our run D being solved this year, especially against teams with mobile QBs.

Our defense truly taking the next step depends on Dent stepping up. We are a top 8 unit against the pass but bottom 3 in stopping the run. Hopefully Peters' return helps, but Dent will need to step up big time if we're to correct our run D woes.

Looks like we're going to have to get a MLB either via FA or the draft next year.

I think we all need to start bad mouthing him, it seems to work....

Also, yes he has played terribly... he literally has 1 job stop the RB if he can't do that I don't know why he is out there.

Heck he had as many solo tackles as our punter...

BOSHER FOR MLB

Edited by kane#7

Yall only want to see Schiller and James because they are other options, not better options. That's like the Chiefs fans asking for Brady Quinn over Cassel because Cassel's been so bad. James looked fine in PS, but so did Dent. They'd be playing if they were better players.

Im hoping its just this way cause its his 1st year starting.. He is overpersuing and getting washed out of plays...

I can blame over pursuing on lack of experience but not getting washed out. That's either you got it or not. He can't stack or shed.

Dude's not getting enough playing time to grow not to mention he rarely played last year give him time if he's still bad toward the end of the season then look else were

There's a difference between experience and ability. Sooner or later your talent will show up. Dent's isn't. Please explain how he only has 2 tackles.

Guest Negatorris

Robert James and Schiller looked good in the preseason. They'll get their snaps one of these days, and Dent will be benched.

James to too small to play MLB on a regular basis. Right now, our best option would be to give Pete half the plays and see who can handle the competition. Of course, as we all know, the majority of the plays on defense

only Spoon and Nick are on the field anyway.

Well to the team vel. I been saying this dude is trash since last year.