Get Ready, Games Will Continue To Look "sloppy"

dmite

It's not that the Falcons are going to be playing bad, it's just that the farther we go into the season as undefeated, the more our opponents want to beat us. So, we will get everyone's best shot and it gets harder and harder to win each week. All our opponents want to be the first to give us a loss.

It's ok though, we've got a great team that will be improving each week and is up for the challenge and the best part is, they never quit.

It's not that the Falcons are going to be playing bad, it's just that the farther we go into the season as undefeated, the more our opponents want to beat us. So, we will get everyone's best shot and it gets harder and harder to win each week. All our opponents want to be the first to give us a loss.

It's ok though, we've got a great team that will be improving each week and is up for the challenge and the best part is, they never quit.

This is the NFL, not pop warner. You get everyone's best shot every week. People have their livelihoods resting on these games.

Amazing post sir!

I fully agree.

Great post. On spot.

To those who say you get everyone's best because their job is on the line, just look around you everyday at work. You get their best when they are being watched. It makes no difference if you make $1,000,000 a year or minimum wage. There are a few individuals in all professions who bring their best every hour of every day. They are the exceptions be they administrative assistants or football players. Not everyone is Ray Rice or Tony G.

Wrong...just because a guy gets a paycheck doesn't mystically mean they play as hard as they can every game.

So they wont play hard to feed their families but they will play hard to beat a 5-0 team? The type of player you are talking about can play like crap from one play to the next. As a whole the coaches and players try hard to win every game.

So they wont play hard to feed their families but they will play hard to beat a 5-0 team? The type of player you are talking about can play like crap from one play to the next. As a whole the coaches and players try hard to win every game.

Tell that to last years Bucs and other teams who melt down every year and still get paid millions.

Great post. On spot.

To those who say you get everyone's best because their job is on the line, just look around you everyday at work. You get their best when they are being watched. It makes no difference if you make $1,000,000 a year or minimum wage. There are a few individuals in all professions who bring their best every hour of every day. They are the exceptions be they administrative assistants or football players. Not everyone is Ray Rice or Tony G.

NFL players are watched every Sunday. A coach who goes half *** most of the time and only goes hard during big games will quickly find themselves unemployed.

Everyone wants to beat #1 and they'll put in extra effort to do it, it's life.

Seriously, intellectually speaking, I see why you would think that, but it's just not the case. If you have watched the nfl for any serious amount of time, or any professional sports, you should know this. Why do guys play harder in contract years as opposed to off years? Why does a team look like crap one weak, but then bring their A game against hated division rivals?(Carolina anyone?)

I think last year someone posted that emotionally, a team gets "up" for a game like 3 times a year...

Kind of like that Monday night against the saints, Katrina bowl?

NFL players are watched every Sunday. A coach who goes half *** most of the time and only goes hard during big games will quickly find themselves unemployed.

You have to know that no matter what you do, their are certain situations that fire you up more than normal. Right?

There were some misfires for sure this week. Starting with holding to call back Jacquizz's opening return. I am convinced that holding call cost the Falcons points. It also put the Redskins ahead on filed position for most of the first half. Then the miscues on the passing game. This team has a good chance of being 6-0 with plenty of room to improve before they are playing their best football. That is a good thing. Hopefully they keep winning and hit their stride in the closing stretch.

What did you see?

I saw Matt sail passes he usually makes with ease. I saw Matt make 2 throws to an offensive lineman. I saw a botched snap that had nothing to do with the Redskins. I saw the Redskins run the ball on use like every other team has been able to do so far since our run D is very suspect at this point.

I didnt see anything that suggested the game was ugly because the Redskins were up for the game. The Redskins scored 10 points on gifts from our offense and another 7 on a play where the D didnt have a clue as to what they were doing. They werent up for anything.

Edited by the_sheff

I saw Matt sail passes he usually makes with ease. I saw Matt make 2 throws to an offensive lineman. I saw a botched snap that had nothing to do with the Redskins. I saw the Redskins run the ball on use like every other team has been able to do so far since our run D is very suspect at this point.

I didnt see anything that suggested the game was ugly because the Redskins were up for the game. The Redskins scored 10 points on gifts from our offense and another 7 on a play where the D didnt have a clue as to what they were doing. They werent up for anything.

I saw the same thing. I also saw 24-17 when the clock hit zero.

If you truly believe what you are saying - that teams do not "get up" for certain opponents and play harder to win - then you have obviously not watched football for very long.

You are way off base if you think that they don't play harder against this years Champ, against a team that embarrassed them before, against a team that is undefeated.

Way off base.

Doesn't matter though!

5-0 first time ever!