3 A.m Crew

Wise up

Well folks, here it is almost 3 am. We're almost ten hours away from game time! I don't know about you guys but I'm already pumped up for this game! I wanna see spoon lay a hit in RGIII and welcome the rook to the nfl. Now that the season is a quarter of the way through, what're your guys expectations for the upcoming game and the rest of the season? Is this the year we make noise in the playoffs? Will matty it up and still be in the race for MVP at the end of the season? I've seen the same threads on the front page the last couple days and wanted to see what you guys thought!

Well I foresee a close game, but I think we win it. As to the rest of the season, I am honestly almost too scared to think we MIGHT finally have our team in place. So far, they look great, but we all know its a very long season and hard to sustain success in the NFL. But so far we definitely look like a playoff team, and I just cant imagine us not at LEAST winning a game in the playoffs. To do so would be unbearable, and I think this entire organization is really still quite upset about the embarrassment of last season's loss. Matt in particular seems to play with a fire this year. You see it in the way he took those sacks in last weeks game, but still brought us back for the win. The defense has given up some running yards, but limited the pass very well which to me is more paramount to winning in this league plus the way they hit and cause turnovers is crucial to making some noise in the playoffs. Our special teams doesn't get mentioned nearly enough IMHO, but they are solid except for one botched snap on a point after attempt. The new coordinators both game plan very well. I am still a bit concerned about the O-line after we gave up 7 sacks, but Smitty said there was more to that than just the O-line, so I will keep my fingers crossed.

We look solid, we have a winning attitude, we have momentum and a good lead in the division. Right now everything is falling into place for this to be a very very special year.

I agree with all of you, very nice points. As I agree it will come to defense. If Washington can somehow slow matty it'll be close. Our defense really needs to force some more turnovers. This defense THRIVES on turnovers and it also helps us build a lead which in result usually comes a win :)