Uga @ Usc Game Thread

One point that I think is valid that I have heard is that this is exactly why everyone was worried about our performances against Buffalo and FAU. Yeah we beat them, but we were not focused and looked bad in doing it in one aspect or another. Some fans were mad, and some fans were ok with that, but everyone had that voice in the back of their head saying, "why are we playing like this with our superior talent?"

No, we were just playing vanilla, remember? Saving all our blitz packages for the big games. Right? Smh.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Carter, let's be honest. We could have easily gotten beat yesterday, regardless of what South Carolina did. I don't even think they played their best, but blew us away. We are in the SEC. So, it's not going to get any easier. This BCS thing still up is what worries me. If it was a TRUE playoff system, then no one would be worried. We want our team to win a National Championship. That's what we look forward to every year. You have to be **** near perfect to make it to the championship game. If you had an understanding that you could lose one or two games in the regular season, and still make it to the playoffs. You would take a loss with a grain of salt.

Well trust me, I don't take it with a grain of salt. I'm also not downplaying how bad we did yesterday or any of the realities that may be there with regard to Richt coaching this team. He has a track record at this point and it's not all that great in big spots on the field. I don't know... I guess I'm just not at that livid p.o.'d stage yet... I am really really sad and disappointed over it. I mean we looked like we don't even belong on the field with them. How does that even happen...

I will say that I want a national championship, no doubt... but it's not the end all be all for me as a fan. I'll bleed red and black whether we win every game or lose every game. I was born in 83 so my years growing up with the Dawgs were not great years, but that has never stopped me from loving them or made me love them any less. Nearly 20 rather mediocre years and I would have been front and center at every single game if I could. Maybe that's why I don't get so ticked off with Richt. I remember when the Dawgs were totally irrelevant every year.

I guess for me it's bigger than a trophy. Obviously I want that, but what I want even more is to just enjoy the short time we have all year with the Dawgs suiting up and taking the field. I understand the anger... I guess I'm just not to that point (and may never be).

Well Carter, let's be honest. We could have easily gotten beat yesterday, regardless of what South Carolina did. I don't even think they played their best, but blew us away. We are in the SEC. So, it's not going to get any easier. This BCS thing still up is what worries me. If it was a TRUE playoff system, then no one would be worried. We want our team to win a National Championship. That's what we look forward to every year. You have to be **** near perfect to make it to the championship game. If you had an understanding that you could lose one or two games in the regular season, and still make it to the playoffs. You would take a loss with a grain of salt.

actually you take each loss and not overreact which is carter's point and he is right. the season doesn't end week 6 and doesn't end with 1 loss on the season. we are 5-1, ranked #14, and still have a chance at making the sec title game. yesterday the #3, #4, and #5 teams lost. if anyone has paid attention to the bcs era of games a lot can and will happen. you are never as good as your best game or as bad as your worst game and saturday was a real bad game for us. i have seen south carolina all year and yesterday was one of it not their best game of the season. we have a bye week to work on stuff and then 6 more games. it will be interesting to see how this team responds after yesterday's game. there isn't a uga fan that isn't upset after last night's game..

actually you take each loss and not overreact which is carter's point and he is right. the season doesn't end week 6 and doesn't end with 1 loss on the season. we are 5-1, ranked #14, and still have a chance at making the sec title game. yesterday the #3, #4, and #5 teams lost. if anyone has paid attention to the bcs era of games a lot can and will happen. you are never as good as your best game or as bad as your worst game and saturday was a real bad game for us. i have seen south carolina all year and yesterday was one of it not their best game of the season. we have a bye week to work on stuff and then 6 more games. it will be interesting to see how this team responds after yesterday's game. there isn't a uga fan that isn't upset after last night's game..

So are you ok with the coaches Sac?

I come around for the big games. And not coincidentally, thats when things are always going bad for UGA. Which is kind of my point.

I have no problem understanding your point. You only show up to start poking the fire though. You are -never- around to talk about Georgia football or discuss positive things. You're fully entitled to do so, I'm just wondering why you never have anything to say unless it's negative toward the program.

So are you ok with the coaches Sac?

i am not happy with the players or the coaches. this was a total team loss not just on the coaches. also you have to do something that seems to be lost on guys, but give credit to the team you played. south carolina played very well and they were the better team last night. there are too many fans who are looking for one loss just to jump back on their fire the coaches bandwagon. so bob stoops should be fired as well they lost a game. how about jimbo fisher they lost to a crap team. we have a whole lot of football left to play this season and i will let things play themselves out. i hope this team responds the right way after a tough loss. usce has a lot of tough games ahead on their schedule. their season sure isn't done. this season is far from over.

I have no problem understanding your point. You only show up to start poking the fire though. You are -never- around to talk about Georgia football or discuss positive things. You're fully entitled to do so, I'm just wondering why you never have anything to say unless it's negative toward the program.

You made an excellent pointmon one thing Carter. I don't know If anyone enjoys uga football as much as me, because for 40 weeks out of the year I wait for 16 3 hour games with no patience. I just want to enjoy the short time I have, and I would love to win a NC, but when we play like that I can't enjoy it at all lol. Such irony!

You made an excellent pointmon one thing Carter. I don't know If anyone enjoys uga football as much as me, because for 40 weeks out of the year I wait for 16 3 hour games with no patience. I just want to enjoy the short time I have, and I would love to win a NC, but when we play like that I can't enjoy it at all lol. Such irony!

Yeah there's not much to enjoy about it. I thought we were building back up to that level where everyone respected a game against Georgia, like in the earlier Richt years. We got crushed.

Yeah there's not much to enjoy about it. I thought we were building back up to that level where everyone respected a game against Georgia, like in the earlier Richt years. We got crushed.

Yep there is no doubt about it. I have calmed down a little this morning, but I am still at a loss for words and don't really know how to describe the amount of disappointment i have. I really thought this was our year, and I realize a lot can still happen but I honestly don't want to play Bama in the SECCG right now. I can only imagine what the score would be like if we played against the Tide like we did last night. With only 14 games a year tops it hurts for the game I looked forward to most to be like this. I mean we have 14 games a season and half of them arent even that great to watch so this one hurts. I know how you feel

Edited by scottp12

Well I just got back from columbia, went to that awful game and have a few points. Thier crowd and home field advantage seemed 100 times better and more intense than ours. Our OL is no match for big time DL - bit of a mirage thinking it is that improved. Bobo has looked good but in ideal situations, he looked like once again the flutter predictable coach we know. And I am fully drinking the AM cannot, will not, and is not a big time QB - simply cannot handle the pressure. Last- If we are not going to pressure the QB the 3-4 is god awful- for those panicing about grantham leaving, i think we can sign some relief there. BUT - we really didnt show up at all. I honestly think we could again have a solid season, aside from UF we should win every other game. Hard to fire a 10 win coach- there just arent that many sabans around, I hate it and would love to see change but I also would hate to end up like UT cause we are tired of JUST winning 10 games - and end up 6-6 every year. One of the worst most painful games ive ever sat through, especially feeling as confidenet as I was going into it.

Well I just got back from columbia, went to that awful game and have a few points. Thier crowd and home field advantage seemed 100 times better and more intense than ours. Our OL is no match for big time DL - bit of a mirage thinking it is that improved. Bobo has looked good but in ideal situations, he looked like once again the flutter predictable coach we know. And I am fully drinking the AM cannot, will not, and is not a big time QB - simply cannot handle the pressure. Last- If we are not going to pressure the QB the 3-4 is god awful- for those panicing about grantham leaving, i think we can sign some relief there. BUT - we really didnt show up at all. I honestly think we could again have a solid season, aside from UF we should win every other game. Hard to fire a 10 win coach- there just arent that many sabans around, I hate it and would love to see change but I also would hate to end up like UT cause we are tired of JUST winning 10 games - and end up 6-6 every year. One of the worst most painful games ive ever sat through, especially feeling as confidenet as I was going into it.

I miss the 4-3 as well. Better at stopping the run, and more pressure up the middle, and generally more athletic Lbr's in coverage.

You got beat by a team with superior talent and coaching. Granted, it was a bigger blowout than expected but that doesn't mean your team is awful

Yeah, South Carolina does not have superior talent at all. Coaching I will give you, Spurrier is a d bag but he knows how to get it done especially against UGA. South Carolina was the better TEAM yesterday, without a doubt. SC doesn't have superior talent to any top SEC school though, beyond just a phenomenal d line.

Terrible preparation. Also got this nugget from Clowney:

quote:

"(Murray) was tapping the center for snaps so we knew when the snap was. They're the only team that still does that.."

He is so stupid. Why not just tell Spurrier that and save it for next year? I bet he wont have as great of a game if he doesnt know when the snap will be. What a dumb kid