Thomas Dimitroff

Did anyone watch the special on the 1995 Cleveland Browns? Belichick hired all of those guys to do various odd jobs. They all earned their way up the ladder. Belichick actually started that way himself. This actually make you respect all of those guys a little more. 4 of them are General Managers for NFL Teams. There is a reason that these guys know what they are doing. Thomas Dimitroff is smart for a reason.

Did anyone watch the special on the 1995 Cleveland Browns? Belichick hired all of those guys to do various odd jobs. They all earned their way up the ladder. Belichick actually started that way himself. This actually make you respect all of those guys a little more. 4 of them are General Managers for NFL Teams. There is a reason that these guys know what they are doing. Thomas Dimitroff is smart for a reason.

I watched and it was really enthralling to see all the head coaches and GM's that came out of that Belichick regime in Cleveland. Dimitroff really did earn his spurs and get his football education from one of the best. Getting to see the inside story of what happened the year Art Modell moved the team to Baltiimore from Cleveland was also very interesting to say the least. Amazing that Modell threw Belichick on the trash heap at the end of that year and still ended up with a Super Bowl win in Baltimore in just five years from the time they left Cleveland.

Seriously? A FA CB who was paid hardly anything, and never played a game do to an injury is "terrible?"

Come on.

signed a 4 year 10 million dollar deal and didn't play a single down for the Falcons. Yes, that's a terrible signing. Thomas Dimitroff is an excellent GM. One of the top 5 in the NFL. However, he's not infallible. He makes mistakes. He's just limiting them to smaller ones.

signed a 4 year 10 million dollar deal and didn't play a single down for the Falcons. Yes, that's a terrible signing. Thomas Dimitroff is an excellent GM. One of the top 5 in the NFL. However, he's not infallible. He makes mistakes. He's just limiting them to smaller ones.

And when he injured his foot and never played in training camp, how much of that money did he see? Either way, it's absolutely ridiculous to knock TD by bringing up a guy that never played a down do to injury.

And when he injured his foot and never played in training camp, how much of that money did he see? Either way, it's absolutely ridiculous to knock TD by bringing up a guy that never played a down do to injury.

I don't think you get that I'm not knocking TD at all. When I have to go to one of his original signings to find a bad one, that says a lot about how good of a GM he is.

I have supreme confidence in TD he has done a good job of setting up this team, his only blemish so far has been over paying for Ray Edwards, but even the best GM's are gonna whiff

every now and then.

TD over paid Dunta because he was the top CB in the FA in 2010. DR is decent but not worth the top CB money he got paid. I don't understand overpaying Ray Edwards part, top DE make 4 times more than Ray, at least TD didn't overpay for Charles Johnson who was the main target in 2011. Ray probably gets few hundred thousand dollars more than some back up DE's and got paid very less guaranteed money compared to lot of DE.

Edited by falcons007

Von Hutchins deal was similar to the Lofa Tatupu deal, the deal looks big but not much guaranteed. Von Hutchins hardly got paid any money after he got hurt. he didn't even sniff 1/5 of his contract money. Lot of teams lose a Million or two when Injury bug hits and players are cut.

Edited by falcons007

I don't think you get that I'm not knocking TD at all. When I have to go to one of his original signings to find a bad one, that says a lot about how good of a GM he is.

You said it was a bad signing and a mistake by TD. A guy who never gets to do anything because of injury in training camp isn't a mistake, or a bad signing.

TD over paid Dunta because he was the top CB in the FA in 2010. DR is decent but not worth the top CB money he got paid. I don't understand overpaying Ray Edwards part, top DE make 4 times more than Ray, at least TD didn't overpay for Charles Johnson who was the main target in 2011. Ray probably gets few hundred thousand dollars more than some back up DE's and got paid very less guaranteed money compared to lot of DE.

Dunta got paid, because he was the best corner on the market. We only had Grimes, who was still inexperienced at the time. Same situation with Ray. You have to understand business. Dunta has been by far our best corner this season. Ray is beginning to come around as well.