The Process

vel

Did anybody know that Nick Saban follows "The Process" as well? I was reading this article and they mentioned it. Then I thought back to the Browns superstar staff: TD and Saban have a history, they know each other and learned from the same man.

I know a few posters here hate TD and hated when he would bring up this "Process", but it took Saban a few stops before he perfected his process. The process didn't work at Miami because Saban was an NFL HC, who wasn't involved in the scouting process. That's the GM and scouting dept. job. So Naban couldn't implement his process in total control like he can in College. That's why LSU and BAMA have been perennial powers with Saban. (Link)

Now take TD: this is his 6th draft coming up. He's got the most complete roster he's had since he's been here. He's got a budding elite QB, an uber talented offense and a speedy, athletic defense with some talent finally showing signs of developing. We even had solid depth at majority of positions. This team is showing it can hang in tough games and put up points in bunches to put games out of reach early on. We don't have many big FAs coming up in the next 2 years.

Saying all that, I think this team is finally poised to be a perennial top 5 team in the NFL, thanks to The Process. When you have a full draft class sitting on the bench and you are still 4-0 and looking at a realistic 5-1 or 6-0 start, that means you have a really good team already and it's letting your depth incubate. Guys like Konz, Holmes, Robertson and Mass can produce but aren't needed. There's only two positions we could draft in the first round and produce a starter in my opinion: MLB and TE. That's only because we don't know about Dent just yet and Tony G will be gone. Other than that, no other player would start. When's the last time we could say that? This also opens the door for us to take ultra athletic players like Dion Jordan who aren't complete projects but could be a top 3 player at his position after some developing. No longer do we have to take low ceiling, high floor guys and that we need to produce now.

Be excited Falcons Fans. We are 4-0 and enjoy this ride, but don't think this is an anomaly. "These ain't cha daddy's Birds!" as they say. This is a team destined for [sustained] greatness.

I'd really like to see the media address the fact that our entire 2012 draft is sitting on the bench, we are 4-0 and have Julio Jones after giving up everything for 2 years lmao

Our 2012 draft is not sitting on the bench. He has 3 TDs, four games into the season, all that with a lacerated hand.

I'd really like to see the media address the fact that our entire 2012 draft is sitting on the bench, we are 4-0 and have Julio Jones after giving up everything for 2 years lmao

Exactly. But you know they will never bring that up. The whole class is on the bench basically.

Exactly. But you know they will never bring that up. The whole class is on the bench basically.

It makes JJ draft trade look much better, Do you want a play maker or more bodies to sit on Bench or be rotational players. There are both sides of the argument about depth but a Play Maker is better than the rotational players any day.

Edited by falcons007

It makes JJ draft trade look much better, Do you want a play maker or more bodies to sit on Bench or be rotational players. There are both sides of the argument about depth but a Play Maker is better than the rotational players any day.

I agree with you with seeing both sides of the agreement. And would not give up JJ for anything in the NFL world as he is my favorite Falcon by far. But we do not know if they picks giving up for him would be rotational or not. My faith in TD drafting process is growing every year. He could of picked some gamers with those picks as well. Guess we will never know. Oh well. JJ is the man.

I agree with you with seeing both sides of the agreement. And would not give up JJ for anything in the NFL world as he is my favorite Falcon by far. But we do not know if they picks giving up for him would be rotational or not. My faith in TD drafting process is growing every year. He could of picked some gamers with those picks as well. Guess we will never know. Oh well. JJ is the man.

TD said they would have went with Carimi most likely. I'd rather the trade. The only thing I hate is we could have gone DeCastro/Konz/Holmes with our first three picks and had a brand new OLine. Given the way they have played though, it kind of eases that.

Did anybody know that Nick Saban follows "The Process" as well? I was reading this article and they mentioned it. Then I thought back to the Browns superstar staff: TD and Saban have a history, they know each other and learned from the same man.

I know a few posters here hate TD and hated when he would bring up this "Process", but it took Saban a few stops before he perfected his process. The process didn't work at Miami because Saban was an NFL HC, who wasn't involved in the scouting process. That's the GM and scouting dept. job. So Naban couldn't implement his process in total control like he can in College. That's why LSU and BAMA have been perennial powers with Saban. (Link)

Now take TD: this is his 6th draft coming up. He's got the most complete roster he's had since he's been here. He's got a budding elite QB, an uber talented offense and a speedy, athletic defense with some talent finally showing signs of developing. We even had solid depth at majority of positions. This team is showing it can hang in tough games and put up points in bunches to put games out of reach early on. We don't have many big FAs coming up in the next 2 years.

Saying all that, I think this team is finally poised to be a perennial top 5 team in the NFL, thanks to The Process. When you have a full draft class sitting on the bench and you are still 4-0 and looking at a realistic 5-1 or 6-0 start, that means you have a really good team already and it's letting your depth incubate. Guys like Konz, Holmes, Robertson and Mass can produce but aren't needed. There's only two positions we could draft in the first round and produce a starter in my opinion: MLB and TE. That's only because we don't know about Dent just yet and Tony G will be gone. Other than that, no other player would start. When's the last time we could say that? This also opens the door for us to take ultra athletic players like Dion Jordan who aren't complete projects but could be a top 3 player at his position after some developing. No longer do we have to take low ceiling, high floor guys and that we need to produce now.

Be excited Falcons Fans. We are 4-0 and enjoy this ride, but don't think this is an anomaly. "These ain't cha daddy's Birds!" as they say. This is a team destined for [sustained] greatness.

The process? Who coined that phrase, MS? Ya'll need to realize that coach Smith is a much more valuable commodity than the chosen one.

Raise ur hands anyone. who even after a most impressive 1st 3 game performance by the OL with regard OL pass protection, if ur satisfied with

that particular area?

Pass rush - Outstanding, the R. Edwards pickup was hugh, Kudos Thomas,

The process? Who coined that phrase, MS? Ya'll need to realize that coach Smith is a much more valuable commodity than the chosen one.

Raise ur hands anyone. who even after a most impressive 1st 3 game performance by the OL with regard OL pass protection, if ur satisfied with

that particular area?

Pass rush - Outstanding, the R. Edwards pickup was hugh, Kudos Thomas,

Nope. It was coined by Michael Lombardi and bill belichik while at Cleveland. Sabin, TD, & Pioli were underlings. Basically it's a revamping and statistical way of of implementing a scouting system, looking at FA and trade values. It does require a committed and intelligent team. Read the "War Room" it details the process. A lot of it found its roots from Gil Brandt. The Julio trade is in the book.