3 Questions Facing Falcons In Week 5

Feel free to post your own, for me mine are as follows.

1-Will the OL recover from last week and what was the problem?

Is Clabo just hurt(hip), or is it time for him to move inside to RG to finish his career? It was one game and he was on the injury report prior to so lets hope he is feeling much better and plays much better. Ryan Kerrigan will have 3.5 sacks this week if not.

2-Will our 3rd down defense and run defense improve?

Even when we had all the take aways the first three weeks, the defense gave up a lot of yards. Our positive play was based on the secondary being in spots that the QB did not expect. We have been gashed by the run all year long. This is where Im most at a loss because I dont see injuries to justify the poor play. I dont know if the players will execute better as the season progresses or if we are missing key personnel. The pass rush still seems lacking which explains poor 3rd down % to me. I hope Corey Peters makes a noticable difference.

3-Is anyone else on offense gonna step up or atleast show potential? The skins have 5 WR's over 100 yards and a 200+ yd TE. We continue to put all our eggs in one basket with Roddy, Jones, and Gonzalez having close to 1,000 yds and not even 100 for all other WR's. I love that our stars are producing but we need someone to step up as the 3rd and 4th recivers if we are going to have a vertical attack. Otherwise the 5th man on the field along with RG 6-3 (Roddy, Gonzalez, Jones-by height) and Turner may as well be Snelling or Rodgers. We need to run more if we are a two back team according to roster talent.

Keep things in perspective with that Panthers game:

1. The Panthers had 10 days to prepare for us

2. The Panthers were absolutely destroyed by the media for 10 days, putting a chip on their shoulder

3. The Panthers are a solid divisional foe.

We still won after taking their very best shot. We now know we struggled terribly with integrity with the read option and the right side of the OLine blocking. We also know we have coaches who will fix this now. Hill won't let Clabo forget CJ owned him for 60 minutes last week, hurt or not. He won't let McClure stop hearing that he's too old and losing it. I am expecting to see the OLine pissed off after their performance last week. Also, the defense played their worst game to date. Decoud missed some opportunities, Spoon and Nic were non factors and we still can't rush with four. Luckily, we found this out in a close win, not a loss.

Feel free to post your own, for me mine are as follows.

1-Will the OL recover from last week and what was the problem?

Is Clabo just hurt(hip), or is it time for him to move inside to RG to finish his career? It was one game and he was on the injury report prior to so lets hope he is feeling much better and plays much better. Ryan Kerrigan will have 3.5 sacks this week if not.

1. I hope he improve/heals, but there's no need in moving him inside to RG. Hawley has been holding up at that position pretty well. Even if Kerrigan does get 3.5 (hopefully he won't, and not saying he will), we can still pull out the W, as that will be half of last week.

2-Will our 3rd down defense and run defense improve?

Even when we had all the take aways the first three weeks, the defense gave up a lot of yards. Our positive play was based on the secondary being in spots that the QB did not expect. We have been gashed by the run all year long. This is where Im most at a loss because I dont see injuries to justify the poor play. I dont know if the players will execute better as the season progresses or if we are missing key personnel. The pass rush still seems lacking which explains poor 3rd down % to me. I hope Corey Peters makes a noticable difference.

Don't know about the 3rd down D, but we've been susceptible to the run because we've been in the nickel formation, which works well when teams are out of the game & have to throw, but bites us when they run the ball.

3-Is anyone else on offense gonna step up or atleast show potential? The skins have 5 WR's over 100 yards and a 200+ yd TE. We continue to put all our eggs in one basket with Roddy, Jones, and Gonzalez having close to 1,000 yds and not even 100 for all other WR's. I love that our stars are producing but we need someone to step up as the 3rd and 4th recivers if we are going to have a vertical attack. Otherwise the 5th man on the field along with RG 6-3 (Roddy, Gonzalez, Jones-by height) and Turner may as well be Snelling or Rodgers. We need to run more if we are a two back team according to roster talent.

I don't understand what the problem is here. Having 3 1000 yard options isn't a problem to me. HD is progressively getting enough touches to show that he is an option, as are the RBs. Plus, the 'skins have HAD to find other options because Garcon, their main one, has been out for 2 games in a 4-game season so far. Also, most of the time we're in a formation that calls for 3 WRs, 1 TE, & 1 RB, which means the only option outside of Roddy, Julio, & TG, would be HD. And I don't mind Matt not going to him if there is a better play available.

1. Time for Clabo to step up. I don't remember him listed in the Injury report this week. No excuses and Kerrigan has been pretty good for Redskins as LDE.

2. 3rd down defense was bad in KC game and second half in DEN which skews numbers. I think the Panthers converted only like 25% 3rd downs. The problem how ever is Panthers rushed for first downs with out needing 3 downs. Red Skins will run over if the Run D doesn't step up.

3. Falcons have 3 Good Receivers in RW,JJ and TG. The RB is 4th receiver with HD being 5. I doubt if Red Skins can stop RW,JJ and TG.

2. 3rd down defense was bad in KC game and second half in DEN which skews numbers. I think the Panthers converted only like 25% 3rd downs. The problem how ever is Panthers rushed for first downs with out needing 3 downs. Red Skins will run over if the Run D doesn't step up.

The difference is we've now seen the read option first hand, where we messed up on it and how to correct it. To stop the read option? Blow everything up! We were reading and reacting, which slows the defender down while the offense is going full speed. Give the DE the QB and the LB/DB the RB and just hit your man no matter what is going on.