No Hickory Stick Awards This Year?

I say let's keep it moving.Just like we used to do, let's put up a poll with the nominees, at the same time start one thread. The quarterly winner get's their picture with a picture of the Hickory stick award. I know it may sound lame, but I think we should keep the tradition going out of respect for Supes and Gritz. Add in your ideas. With that being said I vote for Mr.No Huddle A.K.A Matt Ryan.

I usually post the "Whipping Boy" after bad loss' & being P.O.ed at the way some of the players or coaches did their jobs, being undefeated helps, but I don't know how I will feel IF we have a bad loss. PS - some of the top polled Whipping Boys maybe have noticed these postings & did change their game around (not JA98 or BVG), but i'm likeing how Owens did, hope he returns with the passion,,,get well soon!

Face it guys. We are just a plain jane message board now. Everything that was special and unique has been killed. I assume our charity is dead. HS Award is gone, and no more weekly cartoons. My young tradition was killed in its third year too.

I used to brag about how this place was unlike all of the other official team boards..... no more.

i don't get the hand wringing over a couple of posters deciding to leave...i liked their toons and artwork as much as the next guy but it's just a football message board....no one is curing diabetes or discovering a source of cheap, renewable energy on here.

i don't get the hand wringing over a couple of posters deciding to leave...i liked their toons and artwork as much as the next guy but it's just a football message board....no one is curing diabetes or discovering a source of cheap, renewable energy on here.

Perhaps you need to re-read the post you quoted. At one time this board had its own charity. So, yeah, we were doing something real.

Perhaps you need to re-read the post you quoted. At one time this board had its own charity. So, yeah, we were doing something real.

i'm assuming that things on this message board are subject to the same swings of interest and involvement that they are elsewhere in the world...posters come and go, charities come and go.....life goes on.....doesn't discount or lessen the good intent and work done, it just is probably indicative of people's collectively short attention spans.

i'm not trying to insult anyone.

Yes, all this place was ever meant to be is a Falcons message board, and that still remains though looking at some of the topics here today and recently, it loses that appearance at times.

i'm assuming that things on this message board are subject to the same swings of interest and involvement that they are elsewhere in the world...posters come and go, charities come and go.....life goes on.....doesn't discount or lessen the good intent and work done, it just is probably indicative of people's collectively short attention spans.

i'm not trying to insult anyone.

Forget it. We are 4-0 and I do not want to see this thread take that turn. I have probably already said too much.

There was also some comments to the fact that the organization wanted to move away from the Hickory Stick award which I think coincides with the new State Farm player of the Week award. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Supes no longer posts and probably the reason why Gritz didn't feel the need to stick around and deal with the trolls anymore. Just my two cents.

The fancy hickory stick award is way too nice/complicated to 'shop for my meager gimp/mspaint skills to handle so I made this alternate one using part of it and the pic of the actual hickory stick.

sNYze.jpg

edit: I put Matt Ryan's name on there because, come on, nobody else is winning it over him based on the first four games. Honorable mention to White and Decoud.

Edited by Bill Brasky

Just wanted to know I thought we did it every 4 games but nobody has mentioned it yet. I don't post much but I do visit daily and have been hoping it would pop up soon. Are we doing away with it this season or what?

The Falcons brass rejected a cartoon Supes did last year I believe the one where it was like a Calvin and Hobbs simulating like a Bengals getting a beat down. It was over the top in the world of zero tolerance on non violence. This place has turned into a childrens playground where nothing is moderated so the culture is chaotic. I think the bottom line Supes and Gritz found better things to do. Tim and Mark are both good guys and this place is lacking without them. Nobody wants to talk football anymore as evidence by my own posts that drop to the 2nd page within 20 min. They want to talk about the Braves, let the trolls take over, and bump old posts about the trolls. I come here every now and then and glance and go wow moderators don't give a f*** so there is the culture of non sense. Other fans of other teams must shake their head and go, I can't believe they are undefeated and nobody wants to actually "Talk About The Falcons".

The fancy hickory stick award is way too nice/complicated to 'shop for my meager gimp/mspaint skills to handle so I made this alternate one using part of it and the pic of the actual hickory stick.

sNYze.jpg

edit: I put Matt Ryan's name on there because, come on, nobody else is winning it over him based on the first four games. Honorable mention to White and Decoud.

This is what I'm talking about.Let's keep it going.

I was more impressed with him today than any game so far. For one the field was terrible and weather slick. You could tell early on Matt had troubles with accuracy (wet ball?). Second, there were some early big drops (remember Julio big pass) and if course the pick-6.

Why am I impressed? He didn't get rattled. I think this affected the team positively. Matt simply got in a groove, took what the defense gave him--and still took shots downfield.

Lastly lets credit the skins--not a bad team. A bit hurt and a bit young. But on the rise.

Today, IMO, we saw a vet and ELITE QB play