Who Will Lose First? Texans Or Falcons On Espn.

Basically, this guy said that we would lose before the Texans. He said that we would lose to the Eagles coming off our bye. He also said that he doesn't see the Texans losing to the Packers or Ravens because their the most complete team in the NFL.

-First, I don't think the Texans have been challenged so far this season. The Broncos may have been their only real test.

-Second, I don't see us losing to Philly. Philly could easily be 1-3 right now and If the game came down to QB play I think we have the advantage there.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shi+, the Broncos have been the Falcons' only test too. The Chargers are the Falcons in 2010. Great against scrub competition and awful against good competition. 3 of the 4 teams the Falcons' beat are not going to the playoffs. Same situation for Houston. It's too early to tell but my educated guess would be that the Texans lose first. I'd rather play Philly and D.C. b4 the Packers and Ravens.

Edited by Numbaz

Shi+, they Broncos have been the Falcons' only test too. The Chargers are the Falcons in 2010. Great against scrub competition and awful against good competition. 3 of the 4 teams the Falcons' beat are not going to the playoffs. Same situation for Houston. It's too early to tell but my educated guess would be that the Texans lose first. I'd rather play Philly and D.C. b4 the Packers and Ravens.

Falcons in 2010 beat the Packers,Saints,Bucs,Ravens who had at least 10 wins and a sea hawks team which whacked Saints in the playoffs. I would agree with 2011 falcons didn't beat lot of teams with winning record.

Shi+, the Broncos have been the Falcons' only test too. The Chargers are the Falcons in 2010. Great against scrub competition and awful against good competition. 3 of the 4 teams the Falcons' beat are not going to the playoffs. Same situation for Houston. It's too early to tell but my educated guess would be that the Texans lose first. I'd rather play Philly and D.C. b4 the Packers and Ravens.

Good point. I see the Broncos taking over that division later in the year.I see the Texans losing before us too, I just don't see them beating the Packers and Ravens.

Couldn't agree more, The teams that Houston has played against all have loosing records except Denver who we also beat. The wins that came to the teams that houston beat are all against below .500 teams. So they have just been beating up scrubs. Lets see what happens when they play Baltimore and Greenbay, I'd be shocked if they walk away with 2 wins.

Houston

Mia (1-3) - Mia only beat oakland (1-3)

Jac - 1-3 - Jac only beat indy (1-2)

Den - 2-2 - Den Beat Oakland (1-3) & Pitts (1-2)

Oak - 1-3 - Oak Beat Pitts(1-2)

You're right, but Tebow won't be able to do anything. The talent around him in Denver was MUCH better than this Jets team. Tebow will do the following - get sacked, throw incompletions, or run for -1 to 3 yards.

Yep their in a lose-lose situation.

Couldn't agree more, The teams that Houston has played against all have loosing records except Denver who we also beat. The wins that came to the teams that houston beat are all against below .500 teams. So they have just been beating up scrubs. Lets see what happens when they play Baltimore and Greenbay, I'd be shocked if they walk away with 2 wins.

Houston

Mia (1-3) - Mia only beat oakland (1-3)

Jac - 1-3 - Jac only beat indy (1-2)

Den - 2-2 - Den Beat Oakland (1-3) & Pitts (1-2)

Oak - 1-3 - Oak Beat Pitts(1-2)

Exactly. If they win those 2, then I'll start to believe that their the most complete team in football.

All bets are off this season. This is a team that you can't really look at from the perspective of what they have done in the past. The only thing that can be accurately is that you can't really predict what they will do...same holds true for the Texans,

Agreed. If both teams are still undefeated the running the table talk will probably start to come up.

Basically, this guy said that we would lose before the Texans. He said that we would lose to the Eagles coming off our bye. He also said that he doesn't see the Texans losing to the Packers or Ravens because their the most complete team in the NFL.

-First, I don't think the Texans have been challenged so far this season. The Broncos may have been their only real test.

-Second, I don't see us losing to Philly. Philly could easily be 1-3 right now and If the game came down to QB play I think we have the advantage there.

I don't agree about losing to Philly but the Texans are pretty solid on both sides of the ball.

I think when it comes to who falls first you can only look at it one week at a time. This week I'd expect the Jets to play lights out. They play MNF, right? Weird things can happen in primetime especially when a team expects to win but even with all that I think the Texans will move to 5-0.

I imagine our defense has been working on the run most of the week. Playing down to the Panthers and all but losing the game will be a wake-up call. With any young qb it is about applying pressure and making him come from behind. It is a very winnable game for us. We also move to 5-0.

One other note. TNF probably did us a big favor knocking the Cards down. The home team on a very short week will always be highly favored and even moreso if the visiting team has to travel a large distance. The NFL can pretty much script upsets in their scheduling now which is why I don't like TNF. They could send us to the crappiest team on the west coast and it would be tough to win.