Matty Ice Vs Mv7

Warningx13

I know I'm breaking an unspoken rule and I'm certain topics like these are "beating a dead horse" by exact definition however, I don't care. Call them haters or trolls the point is that there are still people on this message board who find ways to cut down Ryan even though he is on pace to have a season almost exactly the same as Aaron Rogers MVP season last season. After tonight the Falcons and Texans are the only two remaining undefeated teams in the NFL and its almost conservative to suggest the Falcon's could be on their way to claiming the best record in the NFC for the second time in three years when Ryan lead the Falcons lead the franchise to back to back winning seasons for the first time in the teams history and has yet to fail in accomplishing a winning record in his career. So lets dive in and make it painfully obvious which quarterback is superior once and for all.

First of all I remember not only Falcon's fans but the media as well protecting MV7 by suggesting that you should look away from his stats because he wins ball games. However, he didn't win very many ball games and the Falcons never had back to back winning seasons and they most certainly weren't one of the most consistent teams in the NFL during his time as the Falcons starting quarterback. The offense revolved around him and him alone as he ran the ball more often then any NFL quarterback I have seen in my lifetime. The Falcon's had the one 11-5 season and managed to win one playoff game that year against a terrible Rams team only to be handled easily by the losers of the super bowl. Matt Ryan has lost two of his playoff games against the eventual Super Bowl Champs and one to an NFC Champ. It's funny has easily people forget about this when they want to bash Ryan and the entire Falcons franchise for not wining a playoff game.

That after all is the major knock now isn't it? That Ryan and the Falcons can't get it done in the post season. However, there has always been at least one thing with this team since 2008 and one by one they have overcame the hurdles. This is the last one so get used to hearing it all year. The Falcons could be 15-0 and people will be talking about how we are going to go one and done in the playoffs. Hate to tell then that isn't the case. In my book playoff wins aren't the ones the matter. One game a year truly distinguishes players and teams from the pack and that is the super bowl. To me a win in the playoffs doesn't many anything unless you eventually win the Super Bowl. Winning in the WC round doesn't give you the title 'world champion" or does it? Have I missed something? In that mind set neither Ryan nor Vick have won an NFC title but Vick is much deeper into his career.

I've already stated it implicitly but I'm going to put it bluntly as well. Vick's calling card was supposed to be he wins football games in spite of his stats and yet Matt Ryan wins a lot more often and is playing against much greater competition. Is there anyone here who REALLY thinks that the 0-4 Saints couldn't defeat the 2004 Rams? I'm willing to suggest that by season's end the worst team in the NFC this season could defeat that Rams team. Is someone going to suggest that Vick didn't have the weapons Ryan does? To an idiot that is actually a fair argument but as I recall we spent first round draft picks on WRs Roddy White and Michael "pick six" Jenkin and at the time Crumpler was one of the best TEs in the game. Sounds pretty close to Ryan's two first round WRs and elite TE combination. Warrick Dunn was nothing compared to Turner's 2008 season but honestly since then the two have been rather even in my book. Dunn was 1-2 in career yards for active players during the time frame of Vick's stay here. Did I mention that the NFC then was the weakest conference I've seen in my lifetime and that the NFC now is the strongest I've seen in my lifetime? Wide outs struggled under Vick because he had no skills in progression and anticipation. There was absolutely no timing in the passing game which resulted in nicknames like 'pick six' Jenkins. Jenkins however went on to have solid season's with Ryan at the helm and Roddy White started having probowl level success under Joey Harrington the minute Vick was out of the picture.

Fast forward to this season and its time for a stat check;

Matt Ryan: 102-147 (69.2%) 1162 yards (7.91 YPA) 11 TDs 2 INTs (QB rating off 112.1 which leads the NFL)

Falcons: 4-0

Mike Vick: 88-155 (56.8%) 1146 (7.39 YPA) 4 TD's 6 INTs (72.7 rating)

Seems like that impressive arm strength of Vick's hasn't translated into a higher YPA, his inability to read defenses has resulted in a much lower TD total and a much higher INT total. His completion % is more the 10% lower which results in a pitiful QB rating. Matt Ryan is having an MVP like season and people are discussing if he is elite or not and when it comes to Vick the eagles are almost winning in spite of him. If you want to count his rushing yards you have to count his fumbles as well. There should be a discussion about if the Eagles should draft a QB to replace him this year to go side by side with "is Ryan elite" for all of this talk about how Ryan hasn't won a playoff game Vick hasn't either since Ryan has entered the league because HE WAS IN PRISON. He screwed us over pretty **** hard people. After he went to jail it looked as if this team was going back to be the 'same old falcons" but Matt Ryan came in and we have enjoyed more success then ever before. ANYONE who mentions Vick in the same breath as Ryan is not only a complete dunce when it comes to football common sense but they also aren't a real fan of this team. Maybe betrayed isn't the best word but for lack of a better word he betrayed us as a fan base when he did what he did and left us without a franchise QB. Matt Ryan stepped in and saved us. He is much better then Vick is, has been or ever will be. Stop mentioning him in any way comparing him to Matt Ryan suggesting he is better. I don't care if he can throw the ball 80 yards the proof is in the numbers and on the field. An entire career's worth. Vick is gone. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS that he is.

Just for fun here are Vicks stats again: 88-155 (56.8%) 1146 (7.39 YPA) 4 TD's 6 INTs (72.7 rating)

Cam Newton: 68-107 (63.6%) 1013 (9.47 YPA) 4 TD's 5 INT's (87.5 rating)

RG3: 86-124 (69.4%) 1070 (8.63 YPA) 4 TD 1 INT (103.2 rating)

I've no interest in going back to a poor man's Cam Newton (Newton's rookie season was better then any season Vick has ever had) and if he is a poor man's Cam Newton then just what does that Make him when compared to the rookie RG3?

/thread

/discussion

#drop it

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can respect someone who has seen and been a part of so many topics such as this that they don't want to be a part of it. However, if you aren't going to respect me I'm certainly not going to respect you. Since you didn't read it you have no idea what I said do you? This wasn't some "bring back Vick' topic it was the exact opposite. Like I said I can respect not wanting to be a part of another topic with this subject matter but if you don't then why even click on the topic? I bet if it wasn't so long you would have read it so that if my opinion differs from yours you could insult my intelligence over the internet.

I can respect someone who has seen and been a part of so many topics such as this that they don't want to be a part of it. However, if you aren't going to respect me I'm certainly not going to respect you. Since you didn't read it you have no idea what I said do you? This wasn't some "bring back Vick' topic it was the exact opposite. Like I said I can respect not wanting to be a part of another topic with this subject matter but if you don't then why even click on the topic? I bet if it wasn't so long you would have read it so that if my opinion differs from yours you could insult my intelligence over the internet.

You lost my attention long ago.

Dont know about him but I would have.

I understand. It could be shorter, but the points I was making is that Vick played for us during an era of NFC football when the competition wasn't comparable to the NFC we play in today and he was never able to win as many games nor were his stats even half as good. I took the time to show where RG3 and Cam Newton (quarterbacks with similar playing styles) are in their first and second seasons already better then Vick is now and therefore at any point he was wearing a Falcons uniform so there is no reason to want him back or compare him to Ryan in a positive way because he isn't even a solid starter at this point.

I understand. It could be shorter, but the points I was making is that Vick played for us during an era of NFC football when the competition wasn't comparable to the NFC we play in today and he was never able to win as many games nor were his stats even half as good. I took the time to show where RG3 and Cam Newton (quarterbacks with similar playing styles) are in their first and second seasons already better then Vick is now and therefore at any point he was wearing a Falcons uniform so there is no reason to want him back or compare him to Ryan in a positive way because he isn't even a solid starter at this point.

What?

This is the summary of his titangraph and I agree with it.

personally, I think it was more lack of taking his job serious than opposing talent. Vick didn't get serious about football until he was given a second chance. He even said out his own mouth that he didn't take it serious in Atlanta so I lost even more respect for him then being a Falcon fan. I find it hilarious when people say the Falcons did him wrong. GTFO. The only advantage Vick has over Ryan is his 4.3 speed and track running WR that only know how to run quick slants and go routes lol. Other than that Ryan is the better QB.

personally, I think it was more lack of taking his job serious than opposing talent. Vick didn't get serious about football until he was given a second chance. He even said out his own mouth that he didn't take it serious in Atlanta so I lost even more respect for him then being a Falcon fan. I find it hilarious when people say the Falcons did him wrong. GTFO. The only advantage Vick has over Ryan is his 4.3 speed and track running WR that only know how to run quick slants and go routes lol. Other than that Ryan is the better QB.

Yea that was another point I made. He didn't even try, he didn't provide a positive impact on the community of Atlanta he literally only provided us as fans with average QB play while posting a record somewhere around .500. What did he ever do to make people love him so much? As a fan you should feel betrayed by him in a way. It's like a girl who keeps going back to a guy who beats her. Even now that he is trying he looks even worse sometimes. Which to me suggests he was never going to be as good as the initial promise showed and if we hadn't got out from under him when we did we would still be stuck with him and he would still be bad.