Sam Baker

YoungHeezy

SackMaker's first couple games were outstanding. His last two were shaky. He gave up two sacks a hit and four pressures in those two.

Several linemen had 'shaky' games against the Panthers.

Most of the time when DEs get around the tackles Matt couldn't step up into the pocket because somebody beat the G/C.

It wasn't pretty that's for sure.

SackMaker's first couple games were outstanding. His last two were shaky. He gave up two sacks a hit and four pressures in those two.

That is actually not bad for a two game span. Plenty of big name LTs give that up over two weeks. Of course, they are left solo more than he is I'm sure.

Shaky really man I gotta think after the last 2 years those stats you have thrown up for Sam are'nt all that bad it wasn't as though he was like Clabo who got crushed by Charles Johnson on multiple occassions in one game.For me if Sam Baker plays like he has the rest of the way I will accept that and take it as a win as I had absolutely 0 faith in this guy come season start and now he he is making me and alot of others on the AFMB eat DIRT..

PS Sam needs to exercise the demon though against Trent Cole and Jason Babin when we play the E-Gurls though thats one game I want him to go well in.

Edited by kiwifalcon

Left tackle is the toughest position to play on the line, you're gonna get beat some times so I'm willing to cut the young man a little slack" but not much" he's protecting Matt's blind side so he needs to tighten up or Matt could get hurt and that would absolutely kill this kick arse season we're having, come on big Bake let's tighten up.

According to the Washington Post and Stats.com, Baker has been officially credited with giving up 1/2 sack and NO penalties in 4 games. Compare that with other highly regarded tackles like Jake Long (1 penalty and 3 sacks) or Joe Thomas (4 penalties and 2 sacks) and it demonstrates how well he has played comparably.

Baker gave up that first sack with Clabo. The Ryan sammich.

Half or whole sack I'm pretty sure thought it hurt. It led to a three and out. He also gave up a hit and a few hurries. Yall boys aint watchin.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000067934/Panthers-defense-sack-8-yd-loss

Not so much. Only reason Baker hits the ground is because the crowd was pushed into his legs