Ryan Starting To Get Credit

Tandy Gossett

It's funny how people act like Matt Ryan has recently got good. He's been great since he's been in the NFL they're just starting to notice him. We've never had back to back winning seasons until he showed up now we have 4 in a row and off to great start in season 5.

I can't wait to see Ryan on TV more, I'm tired of seeing Rodgers all the time.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1356757-the-most-marketable-players-in-the-nfl/page/1

Actually, I think he has always been noticed as a good QB since his very first throw went for a TD, and his rookie season was so successful, Coming so soon after the YKW meltdown and the Petrino affair when people expected this franchse to fade away was a great story line. I do think he faded a bit in media popularity after our playoff flops. However, his play so far this season is too phenomenal to ignore, so he is front and center news again.

I think Matt's and the Falcon's media coverage is just typical of the media's attention span these days. They are always looking for the hot story like Tebow or whatever. Right now Matt is a hot story line.

I've seen him more on tv in the past 3 weeks than I have in the past year. Its cool we gettin praise but I wonder how they'll respond when we lose a game. They're talkin Ryan as league MVP already which is cool. I think its kind of a league-wide thing now cos you've got a changing of the guard going on around the league. Most of the teams that eat up national coverage are playing horribly and other teams are taking over thats what I like cos I do not like seeing the same thing over and over again.

It's funny how people act like Matt Ryan has recently got good. He's been great since he's been in the NFL they're just starting to notice him. We've never had back to back winning seasons until he showed up now we have 4 in a row and off to great start in season 5.

http://bleacherrepor...-the-nfl/page/1

You kidding me? This guy was being compared to Peyton Manning and Tom Brady even before he entered the NFL. We've had consecutive winning seasons, yes, but recent playoff losses have collectively put a sour taste in analysts and fans mouths.

I've seen him more on tv in the past 3 weeks than I have in the past year. Its cool we gettin praise but I wonder how they'll respond when we lose a game. They're talkin Ryan as league MVP already which is cool. I think its kind of a league-wide thing now cos you've got a changing of the guard going on around the league. Most of the teams that eat up national coverage are playing horribly and other teams are taking over thats what I like cos I do not like seeing the same thing over and over again.

This is why I don't put to much excitement in the media beginning to recognize the Falcons, because as soon as we lose a game they will be quick to say that they knew that we weren't that good.

http://bleacherrepor...-the-nfl/page/1

Yea me too but the freaking bug is annoying and creepy...please make it stop..:)

This is why I don't put to much excitement in the media beginning to recognize the Falcons, because as soon as we lose a game they will be quick to say that they knew that we weren't that good.

Funny thing is, I don't see them saying that at this point, unless it becomes a trend or we look awful in the game. In which case, they'd be right. But something's different, and everyone feels it, media included.

Even Saints fans. That's probably why they're so scared.

I live in DC, and whenever I wear my Falcons hat or my Ryan jersey, Redskins fans had been coming up to me in the street since Ryan's rookie year and telling me how much they like Ryan and how much they wish they had a QB like him. Of course, now they're all over RGIII - and rightly so - but it was really neat to see another team's fans giving Ryan props. From my experience, a lot of fans of other teams that I talk football with (Ravens, Eagles, Patriots, Giants) have a higher opinion than some of our own fans.

Ryan hasn't been great since he entered the NFL, he's just been good. He's shown improvement year to year and he's been great this year.

Depends on how you define it. As a rookie he was an elite rookie. As a sophmore he was an elite sophmore. So forth and so on. Anyone expecting his to play like an elite veteran before his 5th year was delusional. No matter what it takes playing time, hard work, and study to elevate the levels.

He will still have bad games. They all do. When he does the media will make a big deal out of it. It would be amazing for him to stay at the top of the QBR system all year but that is a lot to ask of even a 5th year qb.

Depends on how you define it. As a rookie he was an elite rookie. As a sophmore he was an elite sophmore. So forth and so on. Anyone expecting his to play like an elite veteran before his 5th year was delusional. No matter what it takes playing time, hard work, and study to elevate the levels.

He will still have bad games. They all do. When he does the media will make a big deal out of it. It would be amazing for him to stay at the top of the QBR system all year but that is a lot to ask of even a 5th year qb.

Good post.

No

It is always nice to identify other rational fans. I wasn't here when you joined so let me welcome you now.

I've been around. This handle for a lil over a year. I went by two other names but never posted at all. I lurked for a long long time.

Thanks though, I appreciate it. I try and stay grounded.