prado

Mac

Uggla

Freeman

JHey

Constanza

Wilson

Hudson

The Braves had good success against Lohse that day but that was a rarity. Lohse has normally done pretty well against the Braves.

In an effort to eliminate the Cardinals run game Fredi has decided he will start Ross tomorrow and not McCann. Medlen was asked about it during his media session today and he sounded confident about it and had high praise for the way Ross calls a game.

Smart move by Fredi. Although McCann's done a much better job of throwing out baserunners this season.

Lohse thinks he was tipping his pitches during that May start in Atlanta

“I thought maybe a couple of the hitters might have known some things that were coming,” Lohse said.

He immediately made an adjustment with his delivery, taking his hands over his head instead of keeping them up in front of his chest.

“I don’t know if that really had much of a difference for real or just maybe a mental thing,” Lohse said. “It seemed to work a little bit.”

Lohse went 7-3 with a 2.08 ERA over his next 10 starts, allowing two or fewer runs in nine of them.

Matheny is going to run out this lineup tomorrow

1. Jon Jay
  2. Carlos Beltran
  3. Matt Holliday
  4. Allen Craig
  5. Yadier Molina
  6. David Freese
  7. Daniel Descalso
  8. Pete Kozma
  9. Kyle Lohse

Hopes Uggla comes through bc he's the weakest link on the lineup and hitting at a premium spot.

Really? Did you watch any games in September? Aside from Prado, Dan Uggla was the only one that did anything. Here's what the Braves starters did in September. You tell me who needs to step it up and pull their weight. It's not Uggla. He's doing his job.

Martin Prado - .320/.368/.456 (.825) - 6 2B, 1 3B, 2 HR, 10 RBI, 9 BB, 13 SO

Dan Uggla - .282/.386/.435 (.821) - 7 2B, 0 3B, 2 HR, 14 RBI, 14 BB, 20 SO

Andrelton Simmons - .275/.333/.333 (.667) - 1 2B, 1 3B, 0 HR, 4 RBI, 4 BB, 7 SO

Jason Heyward - .259/.300/.411 (.711) - 6 2B, 1 3B, 3 HR, 13 RBI, 7 BB, 19 SO

Chipper Jones - .231/.358/.295 (.653) - 2 2B, 0 3B, 1 HR, 7 RBI, 16 BB, 11 SO

Brian McCann - .226/.279/.355 (.634) - 2 2B, 0 3B, 2 HR, 9 RBI, 5 BB, 14 SO

Michael Bourn - .215/.347/.266 (.613) - 4 2B, 0 3B, 0 HR, 2 RBI, 16 BB, 26 SO

Freddie Freeman - .212/.310/.384 (.694) - 3 2B, 1 3B, 4 HR, 10 RBI, 14 BB, 31 SO

Unlike you, I'm not giddy up when a player does something good for few games. I look at the whole picture which points out that Dan Uggla has been horrible for the year esp with that contract of his. He's batting .220 for crying out loud. If he bats .220 for the year and is playing well for a whole month, what does this tell you about the previous 5 months? Simmons should've taken his spot if he didn't get hurt.

Edited by Drugist

Unlike you, I'm not giddy up when a player does something good for few games. I look at the whole picture which points out that Dan Uggla has been horrible for the year esp with that contract of his. He's batting .220 for crying out loud. If he bats .220 for the year and is playing well for a whole month, what does this tell you about the previous 5 months? Simmons should've taken his spot if he didn't get hurt.

What happened in June, July and August doesn't mean a **** thing when it's October 5th dude. What matters is how you're playing right now. Brian McCann has been total **** all year and didn't get half as much hate as Uggla got this year. Right now Dan Uggla is the Braves 2nd best hitter behind only Prado. If you can't see that with the numbers I posted for how the guys are playing RIGHT NOW! then you're just a hater. I couldn't give a rats *** what happened the previous 5 months because he has NO ******* EFFECT on how guys are playing right now. Right now Dan Uggla is carrying the Braves.

At this point in the season, you just gotta accept whatever good you can get from Uggla. He has an albatross contract right now, and although he has been pure crap for most of the year, he did start to come alive toward the last month.

I would love to bench him for the postseason, but we are probably better off hoping that he can carry over his offensive renaissance from the last month into the postseason. If it comes down to it, I guess we could always sit Uggla, slide Prado to 2B, and Reed Johnson to LF. But as already stated, he was one of the few Braves to actually contribute offensively during the home stretch of the season.

Of course to your point, that does not magically mean he has completely turned it around, is all of a sudden worthy of his contract or even worthy of his starting role at 2B. Right now, with our team's offensive swoons at times, we just can't afford to not have Uggla in the lineup--at least for right now.

At this point in the season, you just gotta accept whatever good you can get from Uggla. He has an albatross contract right now, and although he has been pure crap for most of the year, he did start to come alive toward the last month.

I would love to bench him for the postseason, but we are probably better off hoping that he can carry over his offensive renaissance from the last month into the postseason. If it comes down to it, I guess we could always sit Uggla, slide Prado to 2B, and Reed Johnson to LF. But as already stated, he was one of the few Braves to actually contribute offensively during the home stretch of the season.

Of course to your point, that does not magically mean he has completely turned it around, is all of a sudden worthy of his contract or even worthy of his starting role at 2B. Right now, with our team's offensive swoons at times, we just can't afford to not have Uggla in the lineup--at least for right now.

Who every said he had magically turned it around and was never going to suck it up again and will all of a sudden live up to his contact? I never said that. Just pointing out that he was one of the only 2 starters that pulled his weight in September and that had McCann, Chipper, Freeman, Heyward and Bourn done something the Braves would have won more games and won the division when the Nationals tried to give it to us. Then we wouldn't be looking at a do or die game tomorrow.

What happened in June, July and August doesn't mean a **** thing when it's October 5th dude. What matters is how you're playing right now. Brian McCann has been total **** all year and didn't get half as much hate as Uggla got this year. Right now Dan Uggla is the Braves 2nd best hitter behind only Prado. If you can't see that with the numbers I posted for how the guys are playing RIGHT NOW! then you're just a hater. I couldn't give a rats *** what happened the previous 5 months because he has NO ******* EFFECT on how guys are playing right now. Right now Dan Uggla is carrying the Braves.

I've been complaining about McCann, he's been barely better than Uggla. People blamed the shift for McCann's off year, but maybe it's just his nagging injuries.

Who every said he had magically turned it around and was never going to suck it up again and will all of a sudden live up to his contact? I never said that. Just pointing out that he was one of the only 2 starters that pulled his weight in September and that had McCann, Chipper, Freeman, Heyward and Bourn done something the Braves would have won more games and won the division when the Nationals tried to give it to us. Then we wouldn't be looking at a do or die game tomorrow.

I think you misread. My response wasn't to you...it was to Drugist. In fact, I even quoted his response, not yours.

I brought up the thing about the contract because it is something I was just thinking...not in disagreement with you at all.

Edited by I Am The Truth