Matt Ryan's Contract

Tandy Gossett

I was searching websites today to see who was going to be a freeagent this season and it doesn't list Matt Ryan. I thought that he was going to be free after this year. Did we resign him or do we have an option or something? I see that Flacco will be free so I wonder if he will stay w/ the Ravens ... I sure hope we resign Ryan, and soon. If he becomes the MVP I know he's a team player and may leave some money on the board to resign others, and sign free agents but I'm still sure his agent will want him to sign for more money if he has the MVP attached to his name.

I know there are going to be a lot of good players available this season so we will see.

The falcons are probably gonna extend him some time before 2014. We need to do this season or next before he wins a MVP or Superbowl. I think Matt won't break the bank because he'll want to have elite players around him as well. He'll probably take a 10 year 100 million contract. That way he'll be a falcon for the rest of his career.

The falcons are probably gonna extend him some time before 2014. We need to do this season or next before he wins a MVP or Superbowl. I think Matt won't break the bank because he'll want to have elite players around him as well. He'll probably take a 10 year 100 million contract. That way he'll be a falcon for the rest of his career.

as much faith as I have in Matt to not be greedy. I think this is a good idea. We need him to have contract worked out before Flacco ideally as well. He will never be the doosh Brees was but we should also never let it go that far without a new deal.

Nah bro. Well be lucky if it's 6 years 100 million. 16-17 mil a year. If he happens to hit MVP this year or puts up MVP type numbers it could be closer to 6 years 115 million.