Is The Internet Explorer Problem Still On-Going For Others That Want To Post

g-dawg

About a week ago, I noticed that I could no longer post on the falcons messageboard. I use Internet Explorer as my web browser. I thought to myself "this will be a temporary glitch" and it will be fixed in a day or two.

One week later, it is still on-going. I had to go to google chrome to even post this. Anybody else using Internet Explorer able to post messages on messageboard? I cannot - just wanting to know if this is the same for everybody.

roll-call on our posters and what web-browser they use.

please advise........

Falcons Admin Staff/Jay Adams/Moderators - if you want to jump in and advise that would be great!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is with Internet Explorer. Other browsers do not experience the inability to post problem as does IE. If you can't use another browser and you have to use Internet Explorer, then the only way I know to post in IE is to:

Click on the left-upper icon, Toggle editing mode, in the reply screen or start a new topic screen. You will then be able to post, but you will not be able to use any editing features like font, colors, bold, etc.

The problem is with Internet Explorer. Other browsers do not experience the inability to post problem as does IE. If you can't use another browser and you have to use Internet Explorer, then the only way I know to post in IE is to:

Click on the left-upper icon, Toggle editing mode, in the reply screen or start a new topic screen. You will then be able to post, but you will not be able to use any editing features like font, colors, bold, etc.

why did this "Just Happen", Prof? I have used IE fine for 5+ years on this board and now, all of a sudden, it does not work. I WANT THE TRUTH!!!!!

why did this "Just Happen", Prof? I have used IE fine for 5+ years on this board and now, all of a sudden, it does not work. I WANT THE TRUTH!!!!!

You are correct in that the problem with Internet Explorer suddenly happened one afternoon last week. I'm certainly not sure exactly what happened to cause the problem with Internet Explorer, but it seems to me that either IE tried to upgrade something or this Message Board tried to upgrade something, and whatever was done caused IE not to work properly on the MB any longer.

1) no should be using IE anymore. IE hasnt been relevant since like 10 years ago. Go FireFox or Chrome or both. I prefer FF because of addons.

If your at work... fuss out your boss :)

2) Some had posted a temp fix a few days ago. I think it was chef. Im not sure if that fixes IE, but it helped some people when the bug started.

I use FF and didnt even know there was a issue at all. Im actually impressed the board hasnt crashed like it used to.

You are correct in that the problem with Internet Explorer suddenly happened one afternoon last week. I'm certainly not sure exactly what happened to cause the problem with Internet Explorer, but it seems to me that either IE tried to upgrade something or this Message Board tried to upgrade something, and whatever was done caused IE not to work properly on the MB any longer.

Prof, do you know of anyone we can contact at atlantafalcons.com to have them address the problem? You cannot even PM Jay Adams and the webmaster said they don't handle this........its like we are at a dead-end.

I still can't use IE

Have you tried:

Clicking on the left-upper icon, Toggle editing mode, in the reply screen or start a new topic screen. You will then be able to post using IE, but you will not be able to use any editing features like font, colors, bold, etc.

Again, try this fellas, is better than Chrome and takes 3 minutes to download .....

http://www.palemoon.org/

I had to install this to post and went to full screen and now can't get out of it (yes I have tried the F11 key, nothing) All so palemoon has no way to inlarge the screen so IMO it sucks. And this problem is not a IE problem it is a Falcon Life problem. I post on 3 other boards just fine with IE. This board does not want to fix it for some reason. I think that is BS! Some people at work have no other means of posting

I had to install this to post and went to full screen and now can't get out of it (yes I have tried the F11 key, nothing) All so palemoon has no way to inlarge the screen so IMO it sucks. And this problem is not a IE problem it is a Falcon Life problem. I post on 3 other boards just fine with IE. This board does not want to fix it for some reason. I think that is BS! Some people at work have no other means of posting

Eh ? .I installed palemoon, and have had no problems either from my cellphone, or laptop, you are the first one I know to have ANY problem with it, but man, Chrome screwed me up bigtime ......oh well, nothing is perfect I guess ....

Prof, do you know of anyone we can contact at atlantafalcons.com to have them address the problem? You cannot even PM Jay Adams and the webmaster said they don't handle this........its like we are at a dead-end.

If the Message Board webmaster said that they can't handle the problem, then it sounds like the problem originated with Internet Explorer when they evidently made an update or batch last week to IE. That tends to make sense, since none of the other internet browsers are experiencing this problem. Therefore if the problem rests soley with IE, then there might not be anything that the message board webmaster can do to rectify the problem. It might be only correctable by Microsoft/Internet Explorer in a subsequent update/batch. However, I do think that the message board's administrator should make and pin a post to that affect, since there have been several topic threads already started due to this continuing problem.

Don't all the other internet browsers use javascript also? None of the other internet browsers are having this problem, only Internet Explorer.

I'm thinking the issue lies in the java extention for IE kinda like firefox is having an issue with the latest flash update. I'm looking at the code now to see if I can figure out exactly what the toggle editing mode does that allows you to type in the text input box. Maybe it disables the script? I'm looking for a workaround for IE now trying different settings but so far adding it to a trusted site and enabling java does nothing.

I'm leaning towards IPboard having an issue with the javascript. I know I've not update IE or anything else so it has to be something server side. The part I don't understand is that the script is not different if you're using IE or Firefox. Only thing I could think is maybe there's an issue in the script and IE won't go past it where other browsers will. Confusing for sure.