Lofton Is Half Butting In In The Gb Game (Replay Vs Gb On Nfln Now)

When Vitt gets back he needs to put a foot up Loftons tail. Im rewatching the replay on NFLN.

Lofton is playing lazy. He doesn't look motivated. He looks to be a few pounds heavier and tired in Q1. By the way he is playing you would think its Q4.

He isnt swarming to the ball on any play. He just kinda sits in the middle and waits for something to come his way.

I also notice Lofton is doing very little in the way of making adjustments. Im not sure if Spags system is so basic he doesn't have to do anything or if if just isnt doing anything.

Its on now if anyone wants to watch Q2 is about to start.

Lofton had no Clue what Losing felt like at this Level

or his Prior Lev for that matter

Lofton is a good Football Player

and we could for real use him

I dont think you can look at just 1 Saint Player and say hes not trying

Saints have much Larger Problems than a LB taking a play or 2 off

I dont think Vitt will help much, saints will settle in and get a few wins, but they are gonna take some more losses too

I still think they can finish at .500

they need to get that 1st win tho

thats always the hardest 1 to get

Just his opinion.

I've seen Lofton make plays. Its not the MLB spot that's being exploited vs the D. Its the safeties and edge players.

Yep just my 2 cents on what i was seeing from him. It might even get replayed again today after the falcons replay. If you get a chance. Watch and see if he looks to be swarming to the ball to help make tackles.

Yep just my 2 cents on what i was seeing from him. It might even get replayed again today after the falcons replay. If you get a chance. Watch and see if he looks to be swarming to the ball to help make tackles.

Lofton was in on 12 tackles (9 solo) which was more than anyone else on D. Through four games, he's the leading tackler as expected. Many of those, including a few this past week, were for losses or very short gains.

Are you sure you're being objective?

Lofton was in on 12 tackles (9 solo) which was more than anyone else on D. Through four games, he's the leading tackler as expected. Many of those, including a few this past week, were for losses or very short gains.

All im saying is watch the 1st Q of the GB game and see how he is running and what he does. One of those tackles he engaged a block and as the RB came around he tackled sideways to get a solo tackle. He did get the tackle though for small gain.

But when the ball seemed to be any where else, He didn't seem to be rushing to go help make tackles. Maybe he was, it just didnt appear that way on TV.

Maybe he is doing exactly what he is suppose to by DC design. I dunno though.

I can not be objective because:

1. There is nothing funny about a team starting 0-4.

2. The Saints have been in every game so it is hard to say they suck.

3. Curtis Lofton is a great MLB

4. I hold no resentment towards Mr. Lofton for going to a division rival.

5. I would like to build a goldfish pond from Lofton's tears as learns about Karma. His comments about going to a team that knows how win and has real fans may come back to bite him.

But i was watching him objectively. What got me to watch him wa sthe fact he looked to be tired and trotting around. I didnt even notice it was him at first. Then i was like "no way". Sure enough each play he didnt seem hi energy, impact player. But more just worried about his middle and the run.

He did seem to back the D up a couple calls. So he did make some adjustments. But i didnt see anything major except having the corners back up .

Thats why i said Vitt needs to put a foot in his butt. I know you got others to handle their zones. But if someone misses a tackle he is way behind the action to have any effect on what happens.

Im not even hating on Lofton or the Saints when i started this thread. I was just shocked to see him trotting around in the 1st Q. But maybe it was just me missing something.