Quarterback Spy

Karst41

Sunday we pretty much got trounced by Cam Newton and his MV7 style of play.

This week we will face a smaller and faster version of

Cam Newton in RG3.

When Vick was here, the one division rival that had the best rate of success neturalizing this type of threat

was Monte Kiffen, DC of the TB Bucs who used the

Quarterback Spy.

Granted that RG3 is going to get some yards on us and probably a score.

The idea here is to contain him as much as possible or

in order to keep the damage to a minimum roar.

Couple this with Mike (Rat Boy) Shanahan we are likely looking at a high probability of a loss this weekend.

(Rat Boy is one of the best game planners in the NFL)

and By Gawd he will be bringing it and a bag of chips.

I hate bringing this Topic up because his staff will be seeking any bit

of info they can including skimming this forum.

So Who is our QB Spy or are we just SOL?

Ok so when Vick played Tampa they were one of the fastest defenses in the league and let's be honest, they weren't worried about Vick beating them with his arm.

RG3 could pose a problem because he looks like he's a better passer than Vick was here... And I like our D but let's not get crazy comparing it to Kiffin's Tampa Bay D just yet.

I was not trying to elude to a Tapa 2 defense, just the QB Spy aspect of it.

Now the thought of Dunta laying the wood to RG3 is quite nice indeed.

I can hear Stoney and Craig in their two part harmony now.

If he were to hit him good he'd have the whole team trying to kill him and Ryan for retribution.

not uncommon to rotate the spy from multiple positons in the Front 7 and nickel, including the DT spot if you have an athlete there. Could see some interesting looks with 3 DEs on the field on passing downs for speed. If i'm not mistaken that may have already been a look we've shown this year. May have been with Kroy in the amoeba D

Quite honestly we don't have anyone on our team that can Spy RG3 straight up... we can contain his running but not stop it.

We also should not use the same guy each time, switch it between Moore, Spoon and Nic...

Decoud, Samuel and Robinson are too important in coverage.

Sunday we pretty much got trounced by Cam Newton and his MV7 style of play.

This week we will face a smaller and faster version of

Cam Newton in RG3.

When Vick was here, the one division rival that had the best rate of success neturalizing this type of threat

was Monte Kiffen, DC of the TB Bucs who used the

Quarterback Spy.

Granted that RG3 is going to get some yards on us and probably a score.

The idea here is to contain him as much as possible or

in order to keep the damage to a minimum roar.

Couple this with Mike (Rat Boy) Shanahan we are likely looking at a high probability of a loss this weekend.

(Rat Boy is one of the best game planners in the NFL)

and By Gawd he will be bringing it and a bag of chips.

I hate bringing this Topic up because his staff will be seeking any bit

of info they can including skimming this forum.

So Who is our QB Spy or are we just SOL?

Including skimming this forum. In that case Ray Edwards is the man for the job. Let em game plan for that. :D

Jdawg, I'm with you, he was the second person to pop into my mind. either Spoon or Owens spying on him every play. why Owens, he's the only falcon with spped to match Bobby. its not their job to sack him , but to cover him on draws, bootlegs, and roll out. no other job except go hit him when he leaves the pocket.

Jdawg, I'm with you, he was the second person to pop into my mind. either Spoon or Owens spying on him every play. why Owens, he's the only falcon with spped to match Bobby. its not their job to sack him , but to cover him on draws, bootlegs, and roll out. no other job except go hit him when he leaves the pocket.

Ok so if Owens is on the field the Skins are in a 3 WR set.

If Owens is spying RG3 then who is covering their slot WR? That's the problem with Owens being a spy and Shannahan would exploit that matchup as soon as he saw it.

I know we're all on the outside looking in on our Falcons, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out why we had such a problem knocking Cam and the RB on their azzes Sunday. Whenever they ran the option one of our defenders take the RB and the other always takes Cam and blow them both up--that takes care of whoever keeps the ball. We seemed to be a state of disarray Sunday and did not know how to defend what they were doing. Like some sports writer said we seem set to defend the pass but our run defense is seriously lacking. Look like we played way too much zone this past week as well. Where was the defensive aggression that we had in the previous three games? I'm sure between Nolan and Smitty this will get fixed, because we play another dangerous, mobile QB this coming Sunday.