Redskin Message Board - Predictions

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skins fan here. Every message board has it's fair share of homers. Most of us think it will be a loss, but if our defense can stop the bleeding, then I think it will be a game.

Snyder has finally gotten it right, and is now letting football people run the show, though we are most likely a couple of years away from contending, due to the cap penalties levied against us, which has left us a little shaky at certain positions.

I will say this. If this game is close, and our o-line can provide protection, then I think Griffin could be a nightmare for you guys. We have a lot more talent at the RB,WR, and TE position than people are willing to give us credit for, and our mixture of draws,zone read, standard drop back, etc have absolutely driven defenses bonkers, though we have occasionally stalled due to penalties, and missed gimme fg's.

Edited by The Griffinator

Skins fan here. Every message board has it's fair share of homers. Most of us think it will be a loss, but if our defense can stop the bleeding, then I think it will be a game.

Snyder has finally gotten it right, and is now letting football people run the show, though we are most likely a couple of years away from contending, due to the cap penalties levied against us, which has left us a little shaky at certain positions.

I will say this. If this game is close, and our o-line can provide protection, then I think Griffin could be a nightmare for you guys. We have a lot more talent at the RB,WR, and TE position than people are willing to give us credit for, and our mixture of draws,zone read, standard drop back, etc have absolutely driven defenses bonkers, though we have occasionally stalled due to penalties, and missed gimme fg's.

I think it should be a good game. I think your secondary might be in for it though. Our main 3 receivers are a bit of a nightmare for opposing defenses. You guys also now have the honor of having this guy on your team. He is a " real favoriote " around here.

. DeAngelo-Hall-Goes-Airborne-GIF.gif

I agree. Homefield advantage will count something as well.

It should be a fairly interesting matchup, and I expect we'll see some offensive fireworks from both teams.

I think that this game will come down to whose defense will be able to slow down the opposing team's offense.

Haha, yeah, Deangelo definitely provides some interesting moments at times, and our fanbase definitely has quite a few people that aren't fond of him, but he has definitely mellowed out and matured quite a bit since his arrival here, and has quietly become a team leader. He is literally the only guy holding up his end in our secondary at the moment

And I'm definitely not looking forward to seeing your offense. Our defense has been a big letdown this year, due mainly to injuries and suspensions, and having a joke of a defensive coordinator.

And as far as home field advantage is concerned, I can honestly say that I wish this game was in the Georgia Dome. We are just dreadful at home, for a number of reasons, and have lost 7 straight there. Hopefully that changes Sunday. My guess is that it will either be a shootout or a blowout in your favor. RG3 is definitely a special fella though, which gives me hope, but unfortunately he can't play safety for us on top of his QB duties

Edited by The Griffinator

that's all due to RGIII. that kid is yalls everything. if you guys were starting Grossman or Cousins at QB; Morris, Morgan & Hankerson would be afterthoughts. I can see us shutting down RGIII for about a half before he gets hot and goes off. the key is all on our offense. if the offense stalls or yalls D stops us with consistency then it could get ugly for us. should be a good game and another nail biter for us.

Yeah, he definitely took more than his fair share of shots in the Rams and Bengals game, especially after Trent Williams went down, both in the option game and passing game, but a lot of that was toned down last week, and he was kept relatively clean, aside from being ilkegally piledriven gy Mark Barron.

I haven't seen you guys enough to know what you bring in the pass rush department, but I think that this will definitely be RG3's toughest test from a back end standpoint. Our oline can definitely be a little shoddy at times when faced with a bevy of speed rushers. We've been able to keep guys from teeing off on us for the most part though, by running effectively, and bringing a lot of versatility to our offense, and passing game in general. When you are forced to watch Rex Grossman and John Beck run your offense, it is definitely a breath of fresh air when you have a guy that defenses are forced to respect through the air, throwing with velocity and accuracy, and being able to properly diagnose defenses.

Mike Nolan has been bringing some pretty creative stuff to the table this year. The way he confused Peyton Manning and made him look lost was a thing of beauty. Our pass rush isnt that strong. We have John Abraham who always deserves respect , and our DTs all seem to be playing fairly well.

Its nice to hear you guys have struggled playing at home. So far this year our road games have been blowouts for us. Uncharacteristically our home games have been close.

Yeah we have some guys on our forum who live and die off of stats and numbers, but I know a great offense when I see one. The versatility of your offense, and talent at the skill positions, is among the best in the league.

Julio Jones and Harry Douglas could eat us alive if we don't get our act together. We have been destroyed in the slot by Amendola and Andrew Hawkins so far. It would've been a lot worse for us last week, had Josh Freeman been able to accuratelh throw a pass in the first half. Julio Jones by himself presents a monumental challenge for our secondary.