Harry Douglas

atljbo

Ive recently heard a Dirk Koetter interview and he mention HD has been a little underutilized ... I fully agree... Look at the games again the last couple of nights (cutting up video getting ready for some highlights) ... Ive felt like if anything.. Matt has missed HD a couple of times.... I guess he is going with guys he feel more comfortable with... The guy has looked like the leading MVP candidate so its no room to knock Matt but ive heard some on here mention that HD hasnt stepped up or havnt gotten separation.... Ive seen dude open a couple of time but Matt preferred to go some where else with the ball.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should be somewhat not comfortable with HD since he hardly throws to him in games . I wonder if Harry even practises with the first team , because that would explain a lot .

explains why Harry is always in D-Block. they seem to appreciate him. on that drop he had Sunday, it looked like he genuinely surprised the ball was coming his way, same with Turner's first drop. it wouldn't kill us to make HD a first option a few times a game.

QB can only go through so many progressions, usually 3 at most 4. First target is either RW or JJ and TG with a final read being Quizz or RB. Unless DK designs a specific play for HD its hard to get lot of targets when you are 4th and 5th in the chain.

I was about to say that..... We have very talented weapons... if progression 1 or 2 is open... Matt has to make that pass...

My point of this post is that ive read on here saying HD wasnt getting separation... Ive seen the guy get open... They even mention Matt Missing HD on a 3rd down the last game... It just Matt other guys get open an they are progression 1,2, or 3.

We have so many weapons... Thats a good problem

explains why Harry is always in D-Block. they seem to appreciate him. on that drop he had Sunday, it looked like he genuinely surprised the ball was coming his way, same with Turner's first drop. it wouldn't kill us to make HD a first option a few times a game.

Agreed . Line him up in the slot a few times a game may help , anything to help him get untracked .

I was about to say that..... We have very talented weapons... if progression 1 or 2 is open... Matt has to make that pass...

My point of this post is that ive read on here saying HD wasnt getting separation... Ive seen the guy get open... They even mention Matt Missing HD on a 3rd down the last game... It just Matt other guys get open an they are progression 1,2, or 3.

We have so many weapons... Thats a good problem

HD stepped up last year when JJ got hurt in the first game against Saints. I would like to see HD getting some YAC with his quickness even if he gets 3 or 4 targets a game.

HD has speed and he's a smart player. But since he's been here he has dropped a lot of balls. Of course I mean relative to the amount of targets he's had. Just stating facts here, not opinions since it's hard to see how anyone wouldn't want to root for this guy. I think he should be our primary PR too. IMO that's how we need to get him more touches.

Ive recently heard a Dirk Koetter interview and he mention HD has been a little underutilized ... I fully agree... Look at the games again the last couple of nights (cutting up video getting ready for some highlights) ... Ive felt like if anything.. Matt has missed HD a couple of times.... I guess he is going with guys he feel more comfortable with... The guy has looked like the leading MVP candidate so its no room to knock Matt but ive heard some on here mention that HD hasnt stepped up or havnt gotten separation.... Ive seen dude open a couple of time but Matt preferred to go some where else with the ball.

Now's probably not the right time to start a thread about us throwing to him more. He had a huge drop on Sunday against the Panthers that killed a drive. It hit him right in the hands on third down and we had to punt.

I would usually agree with you 100%, but I also think HD needs to make the most out of his limited opportunities if he wants Matt to trust him to make important catches.

I remember last year against the Saints (the only game we lost in throwbacks so far) where the offense went down the field to tie the game and send it into overtime. Ryan threw it to Douglas three times for a gain of over 50 yards (if memory serves me right. I think he's a very reliable receiver, and just needs more opportunities to prove that.

Edited by JerseyNo12

Harry Douglas is an OK slot guy. Nothing more. He has questionable hands, and doesn't seem to get open all that much. The guy is obviously dangerous when he gets the ball in open space but so are Roddy and Julio. As long as the offense is putting up 30+ I don't really care if HD gets more looks or not.

Douglas probably has the shakiest hands on our roster. Maybe its because he doesn't get the ball thrown his way a lot, but he drops some of the easiest passes that come his way. Harry has been getting open but i'm not so sure if Ryan trusts going to him 100% yet.

Now's probably not the right time to start a thread about us throwing to him more. He had a huge drop on Sunday against the Panthers that killed a drive. It hit him right in the hands on third down and we had to punt.

I would usually agree with you 100%, but I also think HD needs to make the most out of his limited opportunities if he wants Matt to trust him to make important catches.

This is not a throw it to HD more thread... All that depends on how the game is going.... I just wanted to post what Coach Koetter said and what ive seen because ive read in multiple threads some saying HD is not getting it done in the slot... Not getting open.

Roddy in open space? Not so much.

Harry Douglas is an OK slot guy. Nothing more. He has questionable hands, and doesn't seem to get open all that much. The guy is obviously dangerous when he gets the ball in open space but so are Roddy and Julio. As long as the offense is putting up 30+ I don't really care if HD gets more looks or not.

Koetter does mix it up the 2nd TD was RW in the slot and HD was sent wide left as per Ryans throw on the run.... that's the bit of tape that shows HD wide open.

He does make catches but the Nolan interview on D block kinda suggests HD is an after thought and diversion guy rather than the 5th Beatle.

I am sure he'll get more exposure as the season progresses!

Koetter does mix it up the 2nd TD was RW in the slot and HD was sent wide left as per Ryans throw on the run.... that's the bit of tape that shows HD wide open.

He does make catches but the Nolan interview on D block kinda suggests HD is an after thought and diversion guy rather than the 5th Beatle.

I am sure he'll get more exposure as the season progresses!

Teams are trying to keep Julio in check since he can break a big one anytime... So Rowdy is winning his 1-on-1 matchup.. as soon as teams start paying attention to both Julio and Rowdy... I think HD time would come...