Will We Having Trouble Containing Rgiii?

Cam is bigger with a little speed but still managed to cause the defense problems when he ran the ball..RGIII is smaller and a lot faster which could pose problems for Nolan's defense. I think we should go back to that defense we played against the broncos with everyone standing and walking around to confuse the rookie. We need to show him something he has never seen before or we will get gashed like the bucs defense did

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - I don't really want to be the first to say it, but I'm sure I'm not the first to feel it.....

....I get the feeling our Defense comes back from the Carolina game and shows the Rook exactly what the NFL is all about. Don't get me wrong here, He will get his yards and maybe even a few TD's(In the air or on foot), but he will feel the wrath of Spoon or even worse Willy Mo when he tries to make those runs up the middle like he did in Tampa. I see at least a lost fumble on the night for Mr. Rook.

D.C. runs that same d@m read option that Cam was killing us with. I doubt Coach Nolan won't chef up something to atleast contain that. Shut down that weak @55 playaction and we'll be alright. Our offense will put up 21 points on a bad day. That O-line has to do much better against the NFC East though.

I would be concerned about containing RG3 if we had DC that didn't know how to gameplan and make adjustments. Fortunately, we have a great DC, he'll come up with something. If the Falcons can get a two score lead, it may become a blowout because then RG3 is forced to throw. We'll see...

I don't understand how that read option was so successful against our defense. I mean, the defense should practice and read the play the same way the QB does. If Abe goes high, run blitz inside the tackles. If Abe goes inside, run blitz outside the tackle.

Yes RF3 will give us some nightmarish headaches.

Smaller and faster than Cam is a greater problem.

The guy has to be accounter for as there is no one

set to cover the Wildcat.

MV7 rules apply with RG3 and the correct defense

is Monte Kiffin's QB Spy, which was succesfull against

MV7

Cam is bigger with a little speed but still managed to cause the defense problems when he ran the ball..RGIII is smaller and a lot faster which could pose problems for Nolan's defense. I think we should go back to that defense we played against the broncos with everyone standing and walking around to confuse the rookie. We need to show him something he has never seen before or we will get gashed like the bucs defense did

I think we will see very little amoeba defense Sunday unless it's an obvious passing down. We will want to ensure gap integrity and our traditional 4-3 base is a better means to that end. The amoeba is perfect for pass happy teams with intelligent quarterbacks like Brees, Brady, Mannings and Rogers.

Yes RF3 will give us some nightmarish headaches.

Smaller and faster than Cam is a greater problem.

The guy has to be accounter for as there is no one

set to cover the Wildcat.

MV7 rules apply with RG3 and the correct defense

is Monte Kiffin's QB Spy, which was succesfull against

MV7

.... who plays Derrick Brooks?

Edited by Mid-Nite-Toker