Let's Hope

apl2g

let's hope the coaching staff realizes that they can't take any game for granted. I warned before yesterdays game that it would be a closer game than most people thought. most ppl on here laughed at that and thought it was the dumbest thing ever, only to sweat until the last second hoping they would pull it out.

But i think this game will be a wake up call that the coaching staff needs to keep this team focused and hungry. The o-line clearly wasn't ready for that game! The D clearly didn't put any emphasis on pressure! I blame that on the coaching staff.

Let's just hope this is a wake up call!!

The team didn't take anything for granted. The O-line got abused and Ryan took a lot of hits. He still put up huge yards and won the game, but it wouldn't have been as close had the line held.

I hope they do nothing to change the way Roddy, Matt, Gonzo, and Turner are playing. Nothing at all.

It's the line that needs a wake-up call.

I was a little disturbed to hear Smitty say coming out at the half "the guys weren't focused". I hope this Carolina game opens up the eyes of the players. I think at first it was them who took Carolina for granted. I know the blame falls on the coaches to keep the boys focused but I think this whole experience shows them that they need to stay real. You can lose any game.

After watching this team for more than 30 years one thing i know for sure is division games are always intense battles for the most part. That being said we have clearly had carolinas number, close game as expected but a win all the same. i also know for sure what i think as a fan has no impact what so ever on the game and how it turns out period..

let's hope the coaching staff realizes that they can't take any game for granted. I warned before yesterdays game that it would be a closer game than most people thought. most ppl on here laughed at that and thought it was the dumbest thing ever, only to sweat until the last second hoping they would pull it out.

But i think this game will be a wake up call that the coaching staff needs to keep this team focused and hungry. The o-line clearly wasn't ready for that game! The D clearly didn't put any emphasis on pressure! I blame that on the coaching staff.

Let's just hope this is a wake up call!!

I think you put a little too much stock in your opinions on the Falcons games. Your opinions (or any of ours, for that matter) have ZERO bearing on the game we watch on TV....ZERO.

the only thing I got from this game is that when it becomes a perfect time to play 'Smitty Ball' we totally don't. 'Smitty Ball' would've actually destroyed the Panthers yesterday. let's hope if we play another team that can't stop the run and we get a lead, that we keep running until we can't anymore

Nah bro, the coaches and players didn't underestimate the Panthers. You can't do that in the NFL. Fans like me get on here and proclaim a beatdown of about 20 points, but not the team.

That's what I was saying, but apparently after the first half Smitty said the boys weren't focused, which is a little dissapointing.

Hopefully the coaching staff can use it as a reminder to never take any opponent seriously from here on out.

4-0 baby

the only thing I got from this game is that when it becomes a perfect time to play 'Smitty Ball' we totally don't. 'Smitty Ball' would've actually destroyed the Panthers yesterday. let's hope if we play another team that can't stop the run and we get a lead, that we keep running until we can't anymore

Yea there was a few times where I found myself asking " why we didnt run Turner up the gut? ".

Edited by Tuggle2

Yea there was a few times where I found myself asking " why we didnt run Turner up the gut? ".

I know right? dude was throwing people off him left and right, busting 15 to 20 yard runs almost at will. meanwhile Matt was getting killed whenever he dropped back & we still throwing?

its not about my opinion affecting the game outcome. i just know that some teams that aren't coached very good don't stay focused during certain situations.. when your undefeated and playing a struggling team you can get unfocused! and i'm pretty sure mike smith said his team was unfocused.. i'm more than a Falcons fan i'm an actual football fan. if the falcons were coached good the o-line would have been more prepared. if they were well coached the D would have been more prepared. thats all i'm saying

its not about my opinion affecting the game outcome. i just know that some teams that aren't coached very good don't stay focused during certain situations.. when your undefeated and playing a struggling team you can get unfocused! and i'm pretty sure mike smith said his team was unfocused.. i'm more than a Falcons fan i'm an actual football fan. if the falcons were coached good the o-line would have been more prepared. if they were well coached the D would have been more prepared. thats all i'm saying

So a well coached team never has any off games or off days and does things perfectly every game?

So a well coached team never has any off games or off days and does things perfectly every game?

again not what i said. but this isn't the first time this has happened with this team. i believe they underestimated the Giants last year because they snuck in the playoffs.

I do believe it's been a fairly common fact that East Coast teams tend to do worse the week following a West Coast trip. I wasn't surprised at all to see us look a little flat at times after a trip to SD + the Panties enjoying 10 days to prepare for us.

I seriously doubt even one person on this team, from Arthur down to the water boy took this game for granted in the slightest. Even though we won both games last season against the Panties I do believe we went into the 4th quarter of both of them trailing. Smitty and company are well aware of 'any given Sunday'. It may be Smitty's greatest coaching attribute that we almost always wins the games we should.

Edited by Geneaut