Dirty Panties

Mr. Hoopah!

This is from Grantland's recap of yesterday's game. I didn't catch it live, don't know if anyone else did:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/38515/nfl-run-shootaround

If you have NFL Game Rewind or otherwise have access to a tape of the Falcons-Panthers game, there's something you're going to want to see. Watch the opening kickoff of the second half and pay close attention to Carolina's first wave of blockers. Go ahead, we won't spoil it for you.

For those of you without access, here's what happened (.gif courtesy of squick3n). As the Falcons go to kick off, all of the Panthers players peel off to set up for a short kick, except for linebacker Jason Phillips (no. 53). Instead, Phillips sprints full speed ahead toward Falcons lineman Kroy Biermann (no. 71), hoping to hit him with 10 yards of momentum before Biermann can realize what's happening. It's terrifying. Fortunately, Biermann moved away at the last moment before Phillips committed premeditated assault.

So, what happened? Macho NFL stuff, of course! Biermann dove into a scrambling Cam Newton as Newton was about to give himself up on a run at the end of the first half. Was it necessary? Probably not, but it was also a clean enough hit that it (rightfully) wasn't flagged for unnecessary roughness. To make up for this, Phillips totally shirked his responsibilities and flagrantly tried to injure Biermann. You can try to chalk this up to the players and the game policing itself, but do you remember how well that went with the replacement referees over the past three weeks? It took a full week before cheap shots and shoving matches that wouldn't fly with the real refs made their way back into the game. Had Phillips actually taken out Biermann, he would have been suspended and likely made a cause célèbre for concussion arguments. Maybe the league should judge him on his intent anyway.

Bill Barnwell

Here is the gif:

iblbjuQRTXqem4.gif

I saw it live but didn't think much of because its was ignored by the ref and we had no replay. Had no idea if it was legal but not right.

I saw it live too wasn't sure who they were going after, but obviously they are concerned about Bierman on special teams LOL.

Rant=1

Thats Binary code for Karst41 is about to Preach.

Life and a NFL career is what I liken to a Hadron Collider.

It goes so freaking fast and then BANG, Game/Career Over.

There is a thing in life that is undeniable. Karma.

It is always Paid In Full. (either way)

This Tosser will not be around the NFL much longer.

Sorry, Karst. I'm living proof that Karma can be avoided indefinitely.

You did not just say that..............uggggh.

Best you go out and do something good today.

Hmmm.

I think you should go to the Aints forum and start 30 post, telling them how much they SUK!

This will avoid Karmic disaster.

Watched it live and don't see how anyone could have missed it. Just glad Bierman saw it coming and side stepped it. Karma ended up punishing the Panties didn't it? They lost just like the Stains are losing. KARMA- KARMA- KARMA! When will players learn what goes around comes around one way or another.

This is from Grantland's recap of arguments. Maybe the league should judge him on his intent anyway.

Bill Barnwell

Here is the gif:

iblbjuQRTXqem4.gif

To show you how stupid Jason Phillips is......if the collision was right on, he could have injured himself and not only Bierman. Oh well, shows the caliber of players on the hello kitty squad.