Smitty's Apology For His Behavior On The Sidelines

Bring It

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2012/10/01/mike-smith-about-his-sideline-tantrum-very-sorry-about-my-action/

It’s football, a man’s game. Tempers flare, heads butt. Guys get slapped around a little. Mike “Hit Somebody In The Mouth” Singletary, Mike Ditka, Vince Lombardi — these guys were tough coaches. It’s football, boys. Grow a pair.

This should be a non-issue.

P Rose

October 1st, 2012

11:33 am

"Thinking quickly, Smith signaled for a timeout before Carolina could snap the ball, knowing full well the Falcons had used their final allotted timeout just after the two-minute warning. He also knew that NFL rules don’t levy a penalty when a team tries to call a timeout it doesn’t have.

The Falcons were able to send an 11th defender into the game while the officials were telling Smith he couldn’t have a timeout, which was his intention all along. “I was trying to get 11 guys on the field,” he said. “We didn’t have 11 guys.”

Mission accomplished. John Abraham sacked Cam Newton on the final play and the Falcons left with one of their most stirring victories in Smith’s four-plus seasons as head coach. In Smith’s mind, however, his tactical coup did not excuse the anger he expressed toward Hamilton.

“My sideline demeanor is important,” Smith said. “I’ve got to be 100 percent. I wasn’t 100 percent.”"

Well I just love the fact that Smitty is TOTALLY focused on the game at hand at ALL TIMES! I am sure Ray Hamilton is glad as well. What a smart move by our HC.

Eh. Glad that Smitty and his D-line coach are all good about this, but it's football.

On a separate note:

Mike Smith creates time-outs where none exist. Bad-a$$.

I was definitely wondering what was going on there, wasn't aware of the no penalty for calling nonexistent timeouts. Total bad-a$$