What Happened To Our "roving Defense?"

slewis1952

We completely blew up Peyton Manning in the second game with a space aged defense. So now we play a 2nd year QB and go back to the MM straight up defense with few blitzes. Why? If Peyton couldn't figure it out, Cam would be hard pressed to do any better. Why, please tell me why?

We completely blew up Peyton Manning in the second game with a space aged defense. So now we play a 2nd year QB and go back to the MM straight up defense with few blitzes. Why? If Peyton couldn't figure it out, Cam would be hard pressed to do any better. Why, please tell me why?
i hate to break it to uou but "MM" didn't call the defense

I know what you meant, but that one made me chuckle.

I think Nolan makes the gameplan based on how good the team is and what he does and doesnt wanna show. KC game we showed nothing, Denver we went insaine, San Diego we were kinda in the middle, and yesterday we played a bad panties team we should have rolled so we showed nothing.

Nolans amoeba defense has a weakness of getting burned in the running game. That would not be a good idea against the Panthers, 2 good RB's plus Cam.

And like I said since Cam is an idiot with zero football IQ it would do no good to try and confuse him pre snap since he does not know what is going on anyway.

I feel like we played him right.... We just needed to make plays.... We just flat vs the Panthers on D.... When we ran the D we ran vs Peyston and Rivers... If the first guy missed (we missed a couple of times vs Rivers..... It was HUGE running lanes... Rivers and Peyton cant run tho.... Cam def can... We missed Cam a couple times when we did nearly get there or got pressure... Sometimes you just need your front 4 to get to the QB..... The Giants Front 4 was able to against Cam

It just wasn't the Falcons day on defense. At certain times, the Panthers just had the right play call, and at other times, the player effort wasn't that great.

On one play, both happened, and the Panthers got the easiest 4th quarter go ahead TD I've seen in a long long time.

But the Falcons still won. And really that's the only thing that matters. They can work on the deiciencies.

We were still desguising our covereges throughout the game, and really, Cam had almost no success throwing the ball downfield (just 205 yards total). Like other's mentioned we needed to be set in the front lines to get in position to stop the run. Not that that worked, but that was the gameplan.

It just wasn't the Falcons day on defense. At certain times, the Panthers just had the right play call, and at other times, the player effort wasn't that great.

On one play, both happened, and the Panthers got the easiest 4th quarter go ahead TD I've seen in a long long time.

But the Falcons still won. And really that's the only thing that matters. They can work on the deiciencies.

Yeah, what was up with that? It's like half the D saw the flags come flying in and just stopped trying immediately. I don't think that pay goes for a TD if we don't jump offsides.