Not Tatf, But It Pertains To Our Next Opponent

NJDirtyBird7

Link: http://www.sbnation....ive-headset-out

RGIII called his own plays after headset went out

Robert Griffin III had to fend off both the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and faulty technology as he led the Washington Redskins on a game-winning drive in a 24-22 victory despite a malfunctioning headset preventing him from hearing play calls.

The rookie was forced to call some of his team's plays as the Redskins went 56 yards in 1:39 to set up Billy Cundiff's 41-yard field goal. Griffin described the scenario -- and the practice that prepared him for it -- in his post-game press conference.

"The whole drive was a little complicated. In practice, every week, we always practice me calling the plays in two-minute acting as if the headset goes out. The funny thing is the headset did go out on that drive. That's why I was having to run back and forth from the sideline. I had to call a couple of my own plays. And we moved the chains and got in field goal range. It was very neat how that practice situation, that practice scenario, actually played out in the game. Obviously you don't want that to happen, but it's pretty cool."

Griffin's poise with the game on the line would have been impressive enough for a rookie quarterback trailing on the road regardless of the broken headset. That he was on his own and executed so well in the game will just make Washington fans swoon even more for their new franchise quarterback.

Impressive for a rookie QB. I think he may pose a similar threat as cam did for the Falcons this week.

Edited by NJDirtyBird7

Impressive for a rookie QB. I think he may pose a similar threat as cam did for the Falcons this week.

It isn't similar b/c Cam doesn't call his own plays. If that happened to Cam, he would implode. RGIII has some similarities to Cam, but it more of an intellectual QB than Cam is, so it may be possible to confuse him a little with the defense, which we couldn't with Cam. The king thing in this game will be our offense against their defense. If we can at least somewhat contain their offense, then our offense should be able to put up more points.

It isn't similar b/c Cam doesn't call his own plays. If that happened to Cam, he would implode. RGIII has some similarities to Cam, but it more of an intellectual QB than Cam is, so it may be possible to confuse him a little with the defense, which we couldn't with Cam. The king thing in this game will be our offense against their defense. If we can at least somewhat contain their offense, then our offense should be able to put up more points.

Because he is an idiot

Just making sure to throw that in there. Didn't want people to be mislead lol

The NFC South haven't beaten a NFC East team this year yet. The Falcons went 1-3 vs the NFC East in 2009 and typically struggle with the Eagles every year (except last year). Hopefully we can start to change the trend this weekend.

Except for the Falcons rolling through the AFC West, the NFC South hasn't beaten any team from any division this year.