What's Mattys Contract Gonna End Up Being?

Andre5000

I was a proponent of doing Matt's negotiation last year. Having said that, Post Season Wins will control his contract price. If we get to the NFC Championship game, he will get a good contract. He get's us to the Superbowl, and win. He will hit Brees type numbers. But at that point, who cares if we got a ring.

I was a proponent of doing Matt's negotiation last year. Having said that, Post Season Wins will control his contract price. If we get to the NFC Championship game, he will get a good contract. He get's us to the Superbowl, and win. He will hit Brees type numbers. But at that point, who cares if we got a ring.

wish we coulda locked him up last year as well

Guest Negatorris

The trolls are going to die once the news comes out about his shiny new contract.

Also, I hope they wait til after the season to get it done. Don't want any distractions from winning.

Matt is the kind of guy who will take less money to pay the guys around him. I don't expect a ridiculous number.

I agree that I believe he will have a fair negotiation. He will get fair market value. I believe if the Falcons want to save money in the next negotiations, Matt Ryan might not have the largest "Contract" in the league, but he will have the highest "Guranteed" money, with a majority of it in a signing bonus. This will have to be a 6 Year contract. If I was negotiating for the Falcons, I would be willing to take on Financial Risk with Matt Ryan (Guaranteed Money) with a lower overall Total Contract Value (Higher Guaranteed, much lower salary) because that will still give the Falcons flexibility with the CAP and getting/retaining good talent.