John Abraham Saved Us All

Peyton

I don't think enough has been made of the play John Abraham made to save the game. Cam Newton was falling forward for the game clinching first down and he made a precision strike with that left fist of his and knocked that ball right out of there.

At that moment in time, our lasting memories from this game were going to be:

Offense - The Falcons running page 1 from Mike Mularkey's playbook on the most important play of the game. A play most of us wish the Falcons would get rid of completely.

Defense - Giving up the easiest game winning TD in history due to blitzing everybody because of the lack of pass rush all day.

Instead our lasting memories are: Matt Ryan and Roddy White making a money play when it matters most, and Matt Bryant drilling yet another game winning kick right down the middle.

So...thank you John Abraham for that truly clutch play.

That rollout on 3rd down made me want to strangle someone.

What's our coordinators obsession with rollout plays on 3rd and long?

And it wasn't even 3rd and long. It was 3rd and 3. Matt Ryan is extremely adept at getting those 4 to 5 yard pass plays when the Falcons needed it from the pocket....but we all know the track record of the roll out is not great.

Lets not forget Matt Bryant. He's so money we just take it for granted that the 40 yard FG to win the game is gonna be good. Others don't have that luxury, just ask Saints fans.

Or even the skins. I saw that Cundiff made the game winner, but had missed 3 yesterday. Not to mention that big fail with Baltimore last year. If it's a close game vs the skins that comes down to kicking Bryant > Cundiff.

I don't think enough has been made of the play John Abraham made to save the game. Cam Newton was falling forward for the game clinching first down and he made a precision strike with that left fist of his and knocked that ball right out of there.

At that moment in time, our lasting memories from this game were going to be:

Offense - The Falcons running page 1 from Mike Mularkey's playbook on the most important play of the game. A play most of us wish the Falcons would get rid of completely.

Defense - Giving up the easiest game winning TD in history due to blitzing everybody because of the lack of pass rush all day.

Instead our lasting memories are: Matt Ryan and Roddy White making a money play when it matters most, and Matt Bryant drilling yet another game winning kick right down the middle.

So...thank you John Abraham for that truly clutch play.

It shouldn't have really come down to Abe 's play if the refs called that PI call on that sideline pass to Jones . There were a number of baltant holding and PI calls that wasn't flagged in this game .

Big props to ABE, still proving the Falcons can't move away from him yet.

Abe was kryptonite to Cam's Super-Man yesterday.

Abe really does have an "S" on his chest.

"S" on his Chest??

Predators dont need no Stinkin "S" on their Chest.

S's are for tools like Fid Newton.

And its funny to think ALOT of people on this board didn't want to resign Abe.

Yes. Think about this-

Lofton wanted 8mil/yr. We offered him fair market and he got his feelings hurt. He ultimately signed for similar or maybe even less money with the Saints just because he was so butt hurt.

Abe wanted 12mil/yr. We offered him fair market and he acted like a proffessional, saw that our offer of 5mil/yr less than he wanted was fair, and is still here making plays for us.

I never heard anyone say dont resign Abe..... I remember when most was upset when it sound like he was looking for 10+ mil..

No there was alot of people saying they didn't want him because of his age and because Sid has soo much potential. No one wanted to pay him 12m a year and I think he even knew he wasn't getting that much.

No there was alot of people saying they didn't want him because of his age and because Sid has soo much potential. No one wanted to pay him 12m a year and I think he even knew he wasn't getting that much.

A lot of people, including myself, were wrong about this being Sid's breakout year. He looked terrible in the preseason, slow and uncertain, and now he can't even find his way into the rotation at all.

A lot of people, including myself, were wrong about this being Sid's breakout year. He looked terrible in the preseason, slow and uncertain, and now he can't even find his way into the rotation at all.

I think most people though we would see improvement in Sid. With his attributes and number of years in the league its shocking he hasn't made an impact.

Yeah, I was one that was predicting that Sid would have a breakout year. My prediction is not looking very good as of now.

Nah, I remember Abraham. He sacked Cam at the end of the game to rub our victory in his face. : D

That was an awesome Ray Lewis-esque dance Abe did at the end. He was FIRED UP. I can't believe Ray Edwards even has the balls to join in the celebration. He's actually way more garbage than I originally thought.