Get The **** Off My Field!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to figure out what would happen if Cam said this. 'Classless, thug, not a leader, etc.'

If Matt Ryan was dancing in your endzone and you won anyway in similar fashion in Carolina with Cam shouting this on the sideline afterward, y'all would be perfectly cool with it and we'd be embarrassed of Ryan. If Carolina pulled it out yesterday, Resse would have had a gif of Cam dancing in the endzone before the first press conference.

If Matt Ryan was dancing in your endzone and you won anyway in similar fashion in Carolina with Cam shouting this on the sideline afterward, y'all would be perfectly cool with it and we'd be embarrassed of Ryan. If Carolina pulled it out yesterday, Resse would have had a gif of Cam dancing in the endzone before the first press conference.

I mean the national response, not the local ones. Homers are homers. We support our teams. Just pointing out that some quarterbacks--Ryan, Peyton, Brady--get away with stuff like cussing at other teams, their own players, coordinators, etc. and Cam's getting crushed for putting a towel over his head.

And yes, I think this is a perfect proof of my earlier statement about homers.

Edited by jungleking

I mean the national response, not the local ones. Homers are homers. We support our teams. Just pointing out that some quarterbacks--Ryan, Peyton, Brady--get away with stuff like cussing at other teams, their own players, coordinators, etc. and Cam's getting crushed for putting a towel over his head.

And yes, I think this is a perfect proof of my earlier statement about homers.

Winning games, especially close games where the quarterback's individual performance clearly changed the final result, is endearing as all ****. A player dancing around in the endzone while his team is trailing, then sitting on the sidelines with a towel over his head when the game gets away from them, is always an ***, especially when that's his normal day.

Winning games, especially close games where the quarterback's individual performance clearly changed the final result, is endearing as all ****. A player dancing around in the endzone while his team is trailing, then sitting on the sidelines with a towel over his head when the game gets away from them, is always an ***, especially when that's his normal day.

I'm aware. I'm frustrated. I'm chasing bad arguments. Nakamura sucks, and Rivera made a horrible call.

Edited by jungleking

I'm aware. I'm frustrated. I'm chasing bad arguments. Nakamura sucks.

I've seen a lot of Panther fans talk about how much they hate Nakamura. Not to rub it in, but Carolina's secondary has been a consistent area of acknowledged weakness for a few years save for a brief period when Panther fans thought Sherrod Martin and Captain Munnerlyn were NFL starters. Who is Haruki Nakamura and why is he starting for the Panthers?

Captain is a great nickelback, and his performance there made people think that he could start on the outside. Those people were wrong.

Sharrod was a failed conversion from corner. Not really a terrible idea in today's NFL, but he's just not a good enough player.

Nakamura was one of Baltimore's castoffs. Allegedly a good player, just not good enough to get any playing time with the Ravens. He had a nice start to his career for a sixth-round pick, but he's just terrible playing the ball.

Trying to figure out what would happen if Cam said this. 'Classless, thug, not a leader, etc.'

Cam would definitely get crushed for this, but the fact that Ryan won't probably has more to do with Ryan being irrelevant on a national scale. Cam gets more attention (good and bad) than Matt as a whole, so obviously he'll get crushed for things that no one would care if Ryan did. The only time anyone cares about anything Matt Ryan says or does is when Vick comes to town or the Falcons choke in the first round again. That's the price you pay for having such a polarizing face of your franchise.