Can We Have The Replacements Back?

maxatlanta

I watched 2 games yesterday- Falcons and Saints

In our game:

*blatant hold on Dunta not called, that directly prevented him from setting edge on Cams big 32 yard scramble setting up their first score

*Cam's knee was down on his TD run, clear as day and not reviewed

*their last punt should have been a touchback, clear as day and frozen on replay, not reviewed

*don't get me started on Abe getting held

In Saints game:

I won't bore you, but there were many bad calls and somehow all of them went the Saints way. I counted at least 4 that were blatant gifts from the officials. Sproles fumble being ruled down by contact was just one of many.

Bottom line is that fairness is more important than competence. At least with the replacements the bad calls were random and they didn't play favorites.

The NFL should be ashamed, but the refs should be put on probation. They should review every refs bad calls at the end of the year. Anyone who's bad decisions skew in just one direction? Goodbye.

Honestly after watching the games this weekend I truly believe that the NFL is in bed with the refs. I think in order for them to increase revenue they need certain teams to win, make headlines. There is no way if they aren't they would let such things slide quietly away.

I'll take the replacement refs any day over the regular refs.

Hopefully, the NFL realizes that the Aints are a dead and lost cause, and the refs quit pulling for them. Hate seeing all those calls go their way and us get shafted.

Knew it'd happen as soon as the real refs came back, too...the old ones screwed up a lot, but at least they were unbiased. Felt so bad for GB, thought they were about to be robbed all over again, and I don't even like the Packers.

In our game:

*blatant hold on Dunta not called, that directly prevented him from setting edge on Cams big 32 yard scramble setting up their first score

*Cam's knee was down on his TD run, clear as day and not reviewed

*their last punt should have been a touchback, clear as day and frozen on replay, not reviewed

*don't get me started on Abe getting held

I'll give you that it was not a perfectly called game. They never are.

Dunta was held and it wasn't called. I do believe it was TG that had him a handful of holding on the TD pass to Fatboy. (Turner).

All scoring plays are reviewed. If they thought there was enough reason to reverse the call on Cams TD they would have. I hate Showboat Newton.

The last punt that you say should have been a touchback. I can't agree with that. What I saw never showed me that the defender touched the line. His knee might have gone above it, never touched it. That's my opinion.

The call in the Aints/GB came saying the runner was down by contact was a joke. They got together to meet to confirm that no one saw anything and made the safe call, wrong call.

I figure these refs will get it together soon enough. Keep in this is their first game back without any useless games. (preseason)

Yesterdays Aints game was absurd.

The replacement refs were not that bad or obvious.

A true disgrace to the NFL.

OUTRAGEOUS! Green Bay MUST file a complaint to the league!! After the Seattle debacle, they deserve to hold this weeks refs accountable for calls that were so blatantly wrong that it lends merit to those who think there is a saints/refs conspiracy. I have to think it is sheer incompetence, however, to see those calls on replay, somebody needs to be called into the league office to answer very serious questions. The New Orleans Saints were nearly given a gift-wrapped first win. OUTRAGEOUS!! They got what they deserved despite the failure to officiate the game evenly!!

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

The fans has to get involved an write,email, call and tweet the NFL. These refs are horribly bias and showed it last night. Id rather have the replacements.

I think you are correct. flood goodell inbox just like green bay did when the replacement refs were in.

And people thought I was crazy for mentioning this in the last few weeks.

The Katrina refs are so obvious it is ridiculous. I'd much rather have refs that present an even playing field and miss a few calls at random then the Pro Refs that play favorites.

A level playing field is ALOT more important than accuracy of the refs.

In Saints game:

I won't bore you, but there were many bad calls and somehow all of them went the Saints way. I counted at least 4 that were blatant gifts from the officials. Sproles fumble being ruled down by contact was just one of many.

Bottom line is that fairness is more important than competence. At least with the replacements the bad calls were random and they didn't play favorites.

The NFL should be ashamed, but the refs should be put on probation. They should review every refs bad calls at the end of the year. Anyone who's bad decisions skew in just one direction? Goodbye.

You want to know something funny?

The officiating crew for the Saints/Packers game was the same one for us last year with the "no safety because it was a screen" play.

Bad calls aside, the games sure went a lot quicker, without all the second guessing and the speedier pace showed in some of the great performances.

Im more concerned with having a fair game then the speed of the game. I feel like if you got something else to do on Sundays then get to stepping. The refs are killing the game by playing favorites. Brees looked average all season, soon as katrina refs show up he goes for 450 yards. His "great performance" has nothing to do with the speed of the game. More like the reds getting him a 40 yard touchdown, giving him back the ball and a host of other calls.

I'll give you that it was not a perfectly called game. They never are.

Dunta was held and it wasn't called. I do believe it was TG that had him a handful of holding on the TD pass to Fatboy. (Turner).

All scoring plays are reviewed. If they thought there was enough reason to reverse the call on Cams TD they would have. I hate Showboat Newton.

The last punt that you say should have been a touchback. I can't agree with that. What I saw never showed me that the defender touched the line. His knee might have gone above it, never touched it. That's my opinion.

The call in the Aints/GB came saying the runner was down by contact was a joke. They got together to meet to confirm that no one saw anything and made the safe call, wrong call.

I figure these refs will get it together soon enough. Keep in this is their first game back without any useless games. (preseason)

Keep in mind the bad calls were one sided in favor of the league's golden child and golden team, just as they have been in recent years. So rust isn't the issue. And you are just wrong about the punt and cam's knee. It was all right there frozen on replay and they did not even review it!

Try not to be irrational fans for one moment and think about how ridiculous what you're suggesting is. The NFL spent all offseason trying to bury the Saints and the Packers are coming off of one of the worst robberies of all time. Why would the NFL do anything to give the Saints an unfair advantage? There were missed calls, simple as that. It happens in every game of every sport at every level.

Honestly after watching the games this weekend I truly believe that the NFL is in bed with the refs. I think in order for them to increase revenue they need certain teams to win, make headlines. There is no way if they aren't they would let such things slide quietly away.

I'll take the replacement refs any day over the regular refs.

...............amen brother, I can't understand why the fans wanted these bums back , they will be paying for theses bums retirements next year when ticket prices go up.

Keep in mind the bad calls were one sided in favor of the league's golden child and golden team, just as they have been in recent years. So rust isn't the issue. And you are just wrong about the punt and cam's knee. It was all right there frozen on replay and they did not even review it!

All scoring plays are now reviewed just as turnovers are.

What about the none holding call on Fatboys touchdown for our Falcons. Or is it because its our team that was the correct non call? It goes both ways.

...............amen brother, I can't understand why the fans wanted these bums back , they will be paying for theses bums retirements next year when ticket prices go up.

It wasnt the fans wanting them back it was the media and players. I think all the fans (except saints fans) realize refs favor teams like Saints, Packers and Pats. The teams that got the most help from the refs last season are the worst in the league this season. By week 8 they will all be top teams again.

It wasnt the fans wanting them back it was the media and players. I think all the fans (except saints fans) realize refs favor teams like Saints, Packers and Pats. The teams that got the most help from the refs last season are the worst in the league this season. By week 8 they will all be top teams again.

You think the Packers and Patriots are among the worst teams in the NFL this year?