At This Point, The Falcons Deserve All The Kudos They're Getting!

jb 3.0

As much as it pains me to say it, the Falcons are without a doubt the best looking team in the league through the first quarter of the season! I don't see another team beating them at this point. They should have the division all but locked up by November 1st. Which says as much about how bad the other three teams in the NFCS are as it does how good the Falcons are. The Panthers played well enough to win yesterday, but when the chips were down and the Falcons needed a big play to win it...THEY DID! Great Teams do just that.

Congrats to the hardcore Falcon fans here...you know who you are.

Edited by jb 3.0

jb, thanks however it is still too early to say they are the best in the league - even at this point. We were EXPOSED yesterday BIG TIME. I ain't gonna complain because we got the win but Super Bowl worthy teams should DEMOLISH inferior teams at home. I understand it was a divisional game, but we should have still won handily.

That said, the confidence I am seeing from Ryan is what is driving our offense. He is taking shots and letting our guys make plays.

On a side note, I was glad to see Roddy back up his smack talk with a big game.

Turner needs to build on yesterday's success too.

I am glad we got a mobile QB game out of the way before playing against RG3 next week.

Our offensive line was also exposed. WTF was up with Tyson Clabo yesterday? blink.png Charles Johnson made him look like a freaking 50 pound 12 yr old. CJ was beasting yesterday. WHAT A GAME! Props to the Panthers and their fans... ;)

jb, thanks however it is still too early to say they are the best in the league - even at this point. We were EXPOSED yesterday BIG TIME. I ain't gonna complain because we got the win but Super Bowl worthy teams should DEMOLISH inferior teams at home. I understand it was a divisional game, but we should have still won handily.

That said, the confidence I am seeing from Ryan is what is driving our offense. He is taking shots and letting our guys make plays.

On a side note, I was glad to see Roddy back up his smack talk with a big game.

Turner needs to build on yesterday's success too.

I am glad we got a mobile QB game out of the way before playing against RG3 next week.

Our offensive line was also exposed. WTF was up with Tyson Clabo yesterday? blink.png Charles Johnson made him look like a freaking 50 pound 12 yr old. CJ was beasting yesterday. WHAT A GAME! Props to the Panthers and their fans...

When are people going to start calling this pretentious little prick by his REAL NAME? BOBBY GRIFFIN...

Possibly a relation to PETER GRIFFIN?

As much as it pains me to say it, the Falcons are without a doubt the best looking team in the league through the first quarter of the season! I don't see another team beating them at this point. They should have the division all but locked up by November 1st. Which says as much about how bad the other three teams in the NFCS are as it does how good the Falcons are. The Panthers played well enough to win yesterday, but when the chips were down and the Falcons needed a big play to win it...THEY DID! Great Teams do just that.

I appreciate the vote of confidence but FM is right that yesterday's game did not fill me with confidence that we are SB bound. The O-line did not protect Ryan (first time this year albeit) and the D had very few answers. I'll take the win as it opens a big lead in the NFCS race, but we're not the best team in the league, not even the conference.

I here some of the Falcons fans point, but just the fact that they had a game like they did yesterday and still found a way to win proves that they are in fact one of if not the best team in the conference and league. Days like yesterday will happen, that's just the nature of the beast, it's how a team responds that shows how good they really are. I'm sure a lot of you remember the Saints games against Miami, Washington, and both falcons games in 09, the Saints looked all but beaten in those games, but found a way to pull them out, call it luck, divine intervention or whatever else, but when you win games like that and like the Falcons won yesterday you start getting the feeling that it is finally your time.

I don't think the Falcons are the best team in the NFL, they certainly look like a play-off team though.

We still have issues on both sides of the line and Jones has all but disappeared since injuring his hand.

Jones came back and scored a td after injuring his hand.

What happened with jones was EXACTLY what roddy was talking about.

The panthers choose to bracket Jones all day.

And they left Roddy White a guy who has caught over 200 passes the last 2 years alone one on one all day.......the panthers picked their poison by stopping Jones and White burned them.

When Jones gets more one on one looks he will take advantage of them.

Guest Negatorris

Texans are better.

But they're the only ones. The Falcons played horribly, but still played great if that makes any sense.

YOU KNOW ME, I AIN'T GOING TO LET MY HEAD GET TOO HIGH

IN THE CLOUDS. TOO MUCH ALTITUDE AND YOU CAN'T BREATH.

THE HIGHER THE ALTITUDE, THE GREATER THE IMPACT IF YOU

CRASH. I'LL JUST STICK WITH, "SO FAR .. SO GOOD."