Sign Here--Week 5 Trap Game Nominations

falcndave

Okay, we see three of these post a week no matter who we play. We have a very solid team on the road with a guy who really is what Cam is made up to be. Despite this, we will see multiple "this is a trap game" threds. Whey don't we compile them all here. I'll get us started.

We are coming off an emotional victory and facing our third outdoor road game in a row. After defeating SuperCam, our guys will be taking the Redskins lightly. Our FG kicker is our best weapon, and he won't be as effective outdoors.

I'm sure I'm missing some critical trap points here. Help me out...

<All in good fun folks. Not aimed an any indivdual real or imagined>

A weak team faced after a tough divisional opponent could qualify as a trap game. This week wasn't, and couldn't have been, a trap game.

Next week won't be a trap either, tho. Matty and Smitty both mentioned in the postgame about how they were getting to work prepping for Washington. They might lose a game, but it won't be due to lack of prep.

Edited by Carl927

I think trap games are really a college phenomenon. In the NFL, all those guys know that anybody can beat you any week. The Redskins are a tough football team, and they are marching the ball on everybody they play. It's another great test for the Falcons.

Redskins game I do not see as a trap game. I see it as yet another tough test for the Falcons. This game has tough written all over it. Redskins have always had a decent solid defense. They finally have a QB and they are moving the ball on offense on EVERYONE they have played. Their STs is great! It is on their field on grass outdoors, too. We are coming off an emotionally charged divisional game. There is a lot of mental things going on here for the Falcons. The key for them is quickly writing off this game and keep trudging forward. . . . being all about business. I am confident Smith and White are in this mindset.

Yes, the Oline giving up 7 sacks are definitely going to take the week off because they feel they are on easy street.

Well, time off would serve them well. They need to take time off. They need to take the next two days off. . . . .one for reaching down deep and finding their balls and the second day to go get some if they lack them

Edited by irú olóyè kan ti Ôlörun

Well, time off would serve them well. They need to take time off. They need to take the next two days off. . . . .one for reaching down deep and finding their balls and the second day to go get some if they lack them

C'mon now they had some pretty good run blocks today, What do you want them to pass block AND run block, they're not machines you know :P.

Honest question: Why is Matt Ryan (a player) always mentioned in lines when the coaching or front office is mentioned? i.e. Dimitroff, Smith, and Ryan, Smith, Koetter, and Ryan, etc. . . .

Just curious as to why this is

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they are all striving for the same goal, comprende, whey ? ....

Guest Negatorris

RG3 is better than Cam. I still think Nolan will take this game and adapt and make a gameplan to stop RG3. We'll need it for at least three more games this year.

Edited by Torris

Guest Negatorris

The Rams gave the blueprint on how to slow down RG3 a bit. From the games I've watched on the Redskins, their defense is pretty bad, especially their pass defense... I think Julio / Roddy could both have huge games.

Lol his team put up 28 points on the Rams. The Bucs have done the best job in limiting them. Our defense will have their hands full, but luckily the Skins are weak on defense kinda like the Panties. Julio might have a good game, since I could see teams keying in on Roddy. Roddy has done nothing but make ridiculous catches this year, and it's time for defenses to respect him once again.