Charles Johnson Vs Ray Edwards

J-RoC770

Ray sucks, super slow, has no moves no burst what so ever. On the other hand Charles Johnson manhandled Tyson Clabo today, remember we targeted Johnson but ended up with "no big play" Ray. Could we have shelled what Carolina gave him with our salary cap that off season?

Ray sucks, super slow, has no moves no burst what so ever. On the other hand Charles Johnson manhandled Tyson Clabo today, remember we targeted Johnson but ended up with "no big play" Ray. Could we have shelled what Carolina gave him with our salary cap that off season?

We probably could have pulled it off but it would have cost more than not getting Edwards.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

you might should go look at a few things. one Sacks does not make the entire DE. Edwards still helps with pressure....not as good as Biermann does.

Second you should look at how much we pay for Edwards and how much they pay for Johnson. I would be more pissed having Johnson then I am with Edwards.

you might should go look at a few things. one Sacks does not make the entire DE. Edwards still helps with pressure....not as good as Biermann does.

Second you should look at how much we pay for Edwards and how much they pay for Johnson. I would be more pissed having Johnson then I am with Edwards.

Edwards sucks bro, he is playing up to the potential of JA98 only. So far since last year to date he has only 3.5 sacks while Johnson has 12.5 so I said yeah big difference!

Charles Johnson had 0 sacks before this game and he is getting paid more than 12 M a year. Ray is paid not even half of that. Charles Johnson has been over paid so far from his performance in last 2 years.

Who would have taken the bet that Baker would outplay Clabo (so far) in the 2012 season.....could be that the Holmes kid might get his shot at RT instead of LT.

May be if Clabo is hurt or struggles.

Charles Johnson had 0 sacks before this game and he is getting paid more than 12 M a year. Ray is paid not even half of that. Charles Johnson has been over paid so far from his performance in last 2 years.

Look at the supporting cast Johnson has? Hardly nobody, while Ray has Abe, Babineux, and Jerry and Peters who is a stud. I think Johnson will have 9-10 sacks playing with our d line.

Look at the supporting cast Johnson has? Hardly nobody, while Ray has Abe, Babineux, and Jerry and Peters who is a stud. I think Johnson will have 9-10 sacks playing with our d line.

Coulda shoulda woulda, his performance is not matching the top DE money. If you are paid big money, you need to show up like before they gave him a big deal.

i was thinking more long term, but quite honestly man Clabo is struggling this year....the majority of the heat on Ryan has come from the guys Clabo is supposed to be taking care of.....

And Mike Johnson couldn't block my grandmother.

Agreed. Clabo has been struggling this year and he did struggled against Bucs,Houston,GB and Giants last year.

Edited by falcons007

Yes but if you are paid that much you cannot get a good supporting cast.

No to Ray.... But at the same time Johnson has not played up to his contract which is even bigger.... The Panthers were talking about this earlier this week on their MB..... If we could have gotten Charles for Ray Edwards money .... Thats a ultra deal but for 12.5 mil a year.... naw.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Edwards sucks bro, he is playing up to the potential of JA98 only. So far since last year to date he has only 3.5 sacks while Johnson has 12.5 so I said yeah big difference!

Did your even read what I said......"sacks are not everything"

man am I glad none of you guys are the GM. we would be looking like the brown....but with over paid players. Y'all would have Turner cut, trade a draft pick to get Maurice, pay Maurice 8 million. Then would have got DE Williams paid him 20 million. Trade Ryan for Jake deholme. Over pay lofton. Cut baker, over pay San Diego chargers LT (who I believe is retired now). And since everyone is over paid, there would be cuts. So who knows who would be gone......and oh you would have never made the trade for Julio, so Roddy would have been our only big WR.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

I noticed he wasn't even in on 4th and 1 when they tried to "dummy count" us. He's supposed to be the run stopper guy and Bierman is in there instead. He really is garbage. Getting less and less snaps.

This I am fine with someone saying. But this OP saying to go after the second to paid DE is nuts.

So many people on this board act like we can spend as much as we want and over pay guys.

Hey OP I dare you to go visit the panthers boards in two years and ask them how happy they are they made that move for that price.....cause they will be making some huge cuts.

No lie, I could see Newton being the guy cut and/or Smith cut. Their cap is about to go overboard like the titanic.