Looking Ahead (Till Bye)

Tandy Gossett

I don't usually look ahead but I was looking where we stand ATM. If we have some teams help beat us out by beating some other NFC teams we can have a 3-5 game lead over some pretty good teams going into the Bye.

--- Week 5 ---

Atlanta at Washington Atl 4-0 NFCS Leaders !!!

Green Bay at Indianapolis GB 2-2

Arizona at St. Louis Ari 4-0 NFCW Leaders / StL 2-2

Cleveland at NY Giants NYG 2-1 *Game Tonight

Philadelphia at Pittsburgh Phil 2-1 *Game Tonight

Seattle at Carolina Sea 2-2 / Car 1-3 Meow

Chicago at Jacksonville Chi 2-1 *Game Monday

Tennessee at Minnesota Minn 3-1 NFCN Leaders What?

Buffalo at San Francisco SF 3-1

San Diego at New Orleans NO 0-4!!!

·Bye: Dallas 2-1 NFCE Leaders, Detroit 1-3, Oakland, Tampa Bay 1-3

--- Week 6 ---

Oakland at Atlanta

St. Louis at Miami

Detroit at Philadelphia

Kansas City at Tampa Bay

Dallas at Baltimore

New England at Seattle

Buffalo at Arizona

NY Giants at San Francisco

Minnesota at Washington

Green Bay at Houston

·Bye: Chicago, New Orleans, Carolina, Jacksonville

There are some tough games for Div Leaders, and other teams that have 2+ Wins so we could have a 2-3 game lead on all Div Leaders if we handle the Skins, Raiders like we should. We have a Bye in Week 7 before heading to Philly and facing the turnover machine in Vick. With the Defense we have now we should have 4+ Turnovers in that game.

Edited by Tandy Gossett

Next week is a huge task considering todays performance.

That said we'll learn lots from Cam and apply it to RG111 - so we should be better prepared and rested.

Falcons 27 Washington 24

Close Wins and Losses help a young team to develop. What I noticed today is we give Cam and the Panties the few yards they got. Our D was 10+ yards deep on every play and when they ran the ball they were given 5 yards by default. We need to force Cam to beat us instead of playing soft trying to prevent the big play. We also acted like we didn't know how to tackle so I'm sure next week we will be more solid on Defense.

On Offense I was impressed at how good Turner looked in the Passing game. If you think about the fact this was his First TD through the air it makes you realize he's been used the wrong way for so long. He's a great back on the ground and to me he had slowed a bit but he ran with purpose in the 2nd half and he seemed to be excited about catching the ball. Think about how much better we will be if we can get him out into the flat now and dump the ball off to him. We can get him behind the DL, and LBs and get him the ball w/ only CBs and Ss to beat. They also made a comment on FOX about Dirk being "Open Minded", and allowing the players to request plays. They also said he's not stuck in his ways and will change things up if somethings not working unlike MM that ran up the middle 500 times even if he was getting a loss on the play.

I have visions of a play were JJ, Roddy, and TG clear out one side of the field and have the CBs, LBs, and S follow them to one side and we roll Turner out to the clear side and dump the ball off to him w/ nothing but daylight ahead of him. I'm now excited to see what we have up our sleeves for the weeks to come. It's nice to have an ever changing and challenging playbook week to week. I was so tired of seeing "Turner up the middle for a loss of one", or "Curl route to Roddy White for 4 yards".

I will be incredibly worried if Washington can get the type of pressure Carolina got on us today. My guess? Our O-line bounces back and the Rookie just won't be able to match our Offense. The Raiders should be a W at home. Six and 0 before the bye and a possible 4 game lead in the Division? Basically one and a half feet in the playoffs if that happens.

I will be incredibly worried if Washington can get the type of pressure Carolina got on us today. My guess? Our O-line bounces back and the Rookie just won't be able to match our Offense. The Raiders should be a W at home. Six and 0 before the bye and a possible 4 game lead in the Division? Basically one and a half feet in the playoffs if that happens.

Great points remember that Washington lost their two starting DE's week 2.

I'd love to be undefeated going into the Bye I was hoping Houston and Arizona would lose so we would be the only undefeated left but after thinking about it. It would be awesome of we met Arizona in the Dome both teams still undefeated ... I just want to see the Dolphins have to share that title. During the Preseason game that's all they talked about and that happened 40 years ago. I hope we never have to live in the past. Wouldn't it be awesome to meet Houston in the SuperBowl both teams being undefeated. I know that's not going to happen but would be amazing if it did.

Next week is a huge task considering todays performance.

That said we'll learn lots from Cam and apply it to RG111 - so we should be better prepared and rested.

Falcons 27 Washington 24

This was Cam's 3rd game against us. Divisional game are usually tougher. RG3 is good, but he's still a rookie. A couple years ago, I would have been terrified. This team is special. I am looking at the different type of wins. The main thing that kept it close for Carolina is their defense. The had a longer week than us. They had time to heal up, and scout. We came back from a west coast game. We will be ready.

As much as I would like too, we still have to play the game. Oakland does look pretty bad right now, but you just never know.

Of course, but that's the any given Sunday adage. Otherwise, Oakland is a bad team and I don't think it's is any way being too cocky, to EXPECT that the Falcons can take care of business at home where they have one of the best home records in the NFL in recent years against one of the weakest teams in the AFCW. We should be heavily favored.