This Game Didn't Surprise Me

tone357

I noticed right from the start that the team did not have that since of urgency that they started the season with. The very first offensive play was delayed by something the officials were dealing with. It seemed to set the tone in my opinion. The good thing is, the team showed championship resiliency.

The defense returned to average with the base defense being called all day. They are better when they play the way they played the first three weeks. (I don't know what they call that package) The one where they are doing everything possible to confuse the opposing QB. They were to predictable today, this game should not have been this difficult. The Falcons were the better team on the field today, but give the Panthers there due, they gave it everything they had to win the game. I have no doubt they could've got that one yard needed to ice the game, but Rivera blinked. He won't sleep well tonight.

I noticed right from the start that the team did not have that since of urgency that they started the season with. The very first offensive play was delayed by something the officials were dealing with. It seemed to set the tone in my opinion. The good thing is, the team showed championship resiliency.

The defense returned to average with the base defense being called all day. They are better when they play the way they played the first three weeks. (I don't know what they call that package) The one where they are doing everything possible to confuse the opposing QB. They were to predictable today, this game should not have been this difficult. The Falcons were the better team on the field today, but give the Panthers there due, they gave it everything they had to win the game. I have no doubt they could've got that one yard needed to ice the game, but Rivera blinked. He won't sleep well tonight.

I think they didn't run that defense because Cam is a mobile QB. Now had the Falcons gone up big early in the game then they would gone to it because Cam would need to pass more. Falcons should have pounded the ball with Turner. If they ran the ball more that would have protected Matt and the OL better,

Edited by KGrillz

U will not maintain gap integrity if u play that bliz heavy move around def - if they ran that this week, it would have been uglier than it was much more, we played run decent the inside stuff was shut down almost, it was just outside,

I give Carolina their due, they came to play. That being said, I don't think this game is near close as it was without the scheduling working out the way it did with the Falcons coming off an Monday Night game and then going to the west coast while Carolina had a Thursday night game and then ten days to rest and prepare.

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

I give Carolina their due, they came to play. That being said, I don't think this game is near close as it was without the scheduling working out the way it did with the Falcons coming off an Monday Night game and then going to the west coast while Carolina had a Thursday night game and then ten days to rest and prepare.

Yep

As always the first possession sets the the tone of the game. When we failed to score I knew I was in for a nail-biter. I give Carolina credit, they threw everything they had at us on offense and defense. I think part of of it is that Rivera is on the hotseat. I still firmly believe he will not see the end of this season if he doesn't turn it around and soon.