Would You Punt The Ball To Matt Ryan?

falcndave

I don't know if anyone will ever punt to us again this seasion if they have the lead, and need a yard.

To me the underdogs on the road MUST go for that one yard. You have Cam freakin' Newton at QB.

I know the Panthers were playing the odds and meant no disrespect. That said....I'm sure Matt Ryan felt disrespected when they punted the ball to him and he shoved it right where he thought it should go.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the way his defense was playing he trusted them. He is new at being a HC so he's got a curve to deal with there and a primadonna QB he has to console like a child so is he a little distracted?? If it were me I would absolutley not punt I would've gone for it our defense was exhausted and they probably would've got it I was expecting it as soon as they punted i KNEW what was gonna happen at that point

With the way his defense was playing he trusted them. He is new at being a HC so he's got a curve to deal with there and a primadonna QB he has to console like a child so is he a little distracted?? If it were me I would absolutley not punt I would've gone for it our defense was exhausted and they probably would've got it I was expecting it as soon as they punted i KNEW what was gonna happen at that point

His defense was playing well only in getting pressure. Anytime they failed to get to Ryan he owned them. They stopped neither the run nor the pass all day except by pressure.

If they are going to punt because they trust their defense, why take away the only weapon that defense had by playing prevent with inept DBs? If they wanted to play D on the goal line, they gotta bring the heat.

I stick by my opioion, bad coaching.

Yeah I think punting was the right move to make there.

The Falcons fans should know well how tough it is to get one yard when you need it.

The mistake they made was letting Roddy get behind them on the first play. That was one of the wierdest things I've seen in a while.

Do you really think that or are you going against the grain?

I think it was a horrible move.

Their D did the job on the previous series, and had been getting to Ryan all game. No reason not to have confidence in your D for one last stop, if you're Carolina.

that's why Matt Ryan, Turner , Roddy had all time best stats....their defense sucked balls! barring Charles Johnson! & few strong by their DB's

Knowing panthers barely needed a yard to close the game ....Offense should have never given up the ball. I mean they have a QB like 6'5 + strong ...how could you not effin get 1 yard?

The Falcons fans should know well how tough it is to get one yard when you need it.

The mistake they made was letting Roddy get behind them on the first play. That was one of the wierdest things I've seen in a while.

It's their safety...

He can't play the ball in the air...

My thinking is they play "real" defense if they give it to us at the 50. They would bring pressure like the previsou series. Not only that, as I stated in posts before the game, we are not going to win any physical contest up front with this D. If you want to push us you can often enough. It is not like your trying to get a yard on the NYG. Our defense only works when we are getting turnovers. We are built for speed and opportunity, not power.