College Gameday

Falconsfan567

These guys make it to Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge every single year... why the heck can't they show Athens some love once or twice pet decade.

actually mcgarity was scouting out areas recently for college gameday.. he was talking to a few of my friends when he was out doing that. if the vols had beaten uf then they would have been in athens this past weekend. there is a long story on why they hadn't made it out to athens but just 3 times in the past decade. there was an issue with where they wanted to set up and where our administration would let them.. it stopped from coming down a few times.

actually mcgarity was scouting out areas recently for college gameday.. he was talking to a few of my friends when he was out doing that. if the vols had beaten uf then they would have been in athens this past weekend. there is a long story on why they hadn't made it out to athens but just 3 times in the past decade. there was an issue with where they wanted to set up and where our administration would let them.. it stopped from coming down a few times.

I may be totally wrong on this but wasn't there a situation where College Gameday was suppose to be in Athens a few years ago and then at the last second had to change because of bad weather?

I may be totally wrong on this but wasn't there a situation where College Gameday was suppose to be in Athens a few years ago and then at the last second had to change because of bad weather?

i don't remember that being the case, but i know they wanted to be put up in one area of campus (around the bridge) and our administration told them no and that didn't go over well. they did agree with an alternate location for the bama game but the issue with our administration and where gameday wanted to set up was known for a while and even reese commented on it a few years ago.

I seem to remember them being set up on the bridge back in '93 or '94.

gameday wasn't in athens during those years. the first year they were in athens was 1998 and they weren't on the bridge for that episode. uga has been the road game for a bunch of gamedays, but just a few times in athens.