Anyone Else Still Regret Not Getting Spagnuolo?

Romfal

Almost feel bad for the guy. Almost but not really. He took that job at a time when no one knew what was going on down there in Taint world. It will be interesting to see what he does in the next 2-3 years though. He is going to have to rebuild their defense or at the least reprogram a lot of players.

I wanted Spags, but wasn't aware Nolan was even available until they interviewed him. I am so pleased with the way this defense is performing so far and find it hilarious how bad the Saints defense is this year. So happy the Falcons didn't hire Spags.

On a side note, I've been living in NOLA since the summer of 2006 and have had to deal with all of these bandwagon Aints fans down here and suffer through their success and illeterate trash talking these last few years. I guess this is karma coming back because I am loving watch these people ***** and moan down here. The last few weeks have been great. Here's to Eaux and 4. LMAO!

I wanted Spags, but wasn't aware Nolan was even available until they interviewed him. I am so pleased with the way this defense is performing so far and find it hilarious how bad the Saints defense is this year. So happy the Falcons didn't hire Spags.

On a side note, I've been living in NOLA since the summer of 2006 and have had to deal with all of these bandwagon Aints fans down here and suffer through their success and illeterate trash talking these last few years. I guess this is karma coming back because I am loving watch these people ***** and moan down here. The last few weeks have been great. Here's to Eaux and 4. LMAO!

Hah , that was good.

More call out threads. You really get to know the character of a poster when they make these types of threads.

People on these boards have debates all the time. People shouldn't get butt hurt when a thread is pulled up to show how wrong they were. What's the point of having a 20 page debate if you can't show you've won? Its typically the people who are wrong in their posts that don't like threads being brought up.

People on these boards have debates all the time. People shouldn't get butt hurt when a thread is pulled up to show how wrong they were. What's the point of having a 20 page debate if you can't show you've won? Its typically the people who are wrong in their posts that don't like threads being brought up.

How true . I've been known to be wrong but it won't stop me from posting my opinions . We all are entitled to make a dumb statement every now and then .

I am glad we didn't get him. I honestly wanted Nolan because Spags had some similarities to BVG in scheming. Spags relies on a four man rush with the secondary and line backers having many assignments.

Where as Nolan's read and react allows for less thinking and more playing. I think it is evident which team got the better coordinator. The Saints can have Spags.

I wanted Spags. I was wrong. I have no problem admitting that.

I was really happy about getting Nolan. I'm thrilled how it's worked out.

Im surprised you of all people wanted Spags over the proven 14-year track record. . . . .

I remember supporting Nolan the entire time, even before the hire. I also said in my sig "Dirk Koetter will do well".

Edited by irú olóyè kan ti Ôlörun

Lets keep everything in perspective here. The Saints defense(the players) have sucked for atleast a good five years now. Maybe it has nothing to do with Spags. Maybe their players just need to be cut. With Nolan, he has more talented players to work with. Good scheme plus good players equals greatness. With the Saints, any scheme plus bad players equals disaster.

Edited by Numbaz

I wanted either Nolan or Spaggs, they were the 2 best available

and I felt that anybody but BVG would make our D better.

Man o Man, I am sho nuff glad that we got Nolan.

I am not knocking Spaggs, but I do not see how anybody else

could have done a better job working with our Defensive players

than Mike Nolan.

But you know how we are.

If our Defense gets blown out a few times this year, we will

be rounding up the pitch forks and torches.

Lets keep everything in perspective here. The Saints defense(the players) have sucked for atleast a good five years now. Maybe it has nothing to do with Spags. Maybe their players just need to be cut. With Nolan, he has more talented players to work with. Good scheme plus good players equals greatness. With the Saints, any scheme plus bad players equals disaster.

I agree the saints defense has been in decline the past 2 yrs for sure, and getting lofton was a patch job, good tackler not a difference maker at all

I was one of those who wanted Spags, but I've always thought Nolan was the better DC, I just I associated him with the 3-4 and I personally prefer the 4-3.

I think that is the true sign of a great DC, one that can adapt a scheme to fit his players. Right now Spags is trying to run the scheme he always has, but the Saints don't have the pieces to fit that. He will come good though if the Saints stick with him.

Im surprised you of all people wanted Spags over the proven 14-year track record. . . . .

I remember supporting Nolan the entire time, even before the hire. I also said in my sig "Dirk Koetter will do well".

It's not that I didn't want Nolan. I probably would have been happy with either.I was more concerned with the offense. I was actually pissed about the Koetter signing.

So I was wrong on both. I'm thrilled how its worked out.