Tyler Bray

Robb4242

I've been shocked to see how high some scouts are on this kid. He obviously has talent, but he's been mentioned at the very top of the NFL draft, some are even whispering maybe even the #1 pick with a good offseason workout. I'm sure he'll have excellent workouts and the hype will build. But I'm not seeing the translation of his talent in to games. He's extremely inconsistent, even without much pressure on him when he's passing. Just my opinion, he's a 3rd round pick that you hope will develop into a quality NFL starter.

But I have been very impressed with Tennessee's OL. Tennessee's mentioned that they expect all 5 OL starters to play in the NFL and with the way they have handled UGA's defensive line (which is very good), I'd have to agree with Tennessee's coaching staff.

I kinda see it but not really. He looks like Phillip Rivers to me. The best QB's I seen so far are Manuel, Boyd, Geno Smith, and McCarron. Bray is in the top 5 though.

1. Geno Smith- Tom Brady

2. E.J. Manuel- Matt Stafford/ Daunte Culpepper

3. Tajh Boyd- Aaron Rodgers

4. A.J. McCarron- Andy Dalton

5. Tyler Bray- Phillip Rivers lite

His mechanics are awful.

I agree. I don't think he's been well coached up to this point. He's not consistent with his passing because he's not consistent in his delivery and mechanics. There is talent there to work with, but drafting based on what you think you can correct would scare me away from taking him early.

I kinda see it but not really. He looks like Phillip Rivers to me. The best QB's I seen so far are Manuel, Boyd, Geno Smith, and McCarron. Bray is in the top 5 though.

1. Geno Smith- Tom Brady

2. E.J. Manuel- Matt Stafford/ Daunte Culpepper

3. Tajh Boyd- Aaron Rodgers

4. A.J. McCarron- Andy Dalton

5. Tyler Bray- Phillip Rivers lite

Geno Smith - Tom Brady? Not sure I agree with that. Geno is going to have a tough time to adjusting to the NFL game. He's not going to be able to sit back & take 65 shotgun snaps a game.

This really is a weak QB class this year. You can find plenty of flaws with any of them. I don't really have a top 5 order yet, but these are 5 guys I do like.

1. Matt Barkley - Really don't like him that much, but in this weak group, he's probably my top guy right now. If there were ever a year to not draft a QB in the top 15, this is it.

2. E.J. Manuel - Of the QBs, he may be the one to have the quickest success, but he may not have the highest ceiling either and will plateau out rather early in his career.

3. Zach Dysert - Like the look of this kid. He's a 4 year starter & he's improved to play well in games where his team was outmatched. Will be other "name" QBs that go ahead of him but he will stick in the league longer than some of them.

4. Tyler Wilson - Above average arm, below average head. Came into the season with high expectations, but how much of Arkansas' failures fall on him. Rough offseason for Arkansas, but he has the same O coordinator & running the same O. Reminds me a little of Jay Cutler both in ability and attitude.

5. Sean Renfree - My out in left field pick. This kid from Duke can play QB. He may not have much of a team around him, but watch out. If anybody surprises and makes a big jump up the boards, it's this guy IMO. Smart, mobile, and big arm and plays in more of a pro style offense. Really like this kid and I think he could be the best of the bunch in this years draft once their NFL careers are over.

Bray has got a horrible wind up release that's not going to translate well.

I agree there are flaws in all of the top QB's in this draft. Manuel has the best release but he has terrible pocket presence and rarely looks beyond his first progression.

Barkley is the best coached - he has good pocket presence and understands coverages and protection schemes, but he has an average release and arm.

I do think we'll end up with as many as 6 QB's go in the first, but I wouldn't want to take one. There are no Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford or Andrew Lucks in this draft.

Geno Smith - Tom Brady? Not sure I agree with that. Geno is going to have a tough time to adjusting to the NFL game. He's not going to be able to sit back & take 65 shotgun snaps a game.

This really is a weak QB class this year. You can find plenty of flaws with any of them. I don't really have a top 5 order yet, but these are 5 guys I do like.

1. Matt Barkley - Really don't like him that much, but in this weak group, he's probably my top guy right now. If there were ever a year to not draft a QB in the top 15, this is it.

2. E.J. Manuel - Of the QBs, he may be the one to have the quickest success, but he may not have the highest ceiling either and will plateau out rather early in his career.

3. Zach Dysert - Like the look of this kid. He's a 4 year starter & he's improved to play well in games where his team was outmatched. Will be other "name" QBs that go ahead of him but he will stick in the league longer than some of them.

4. Tyler Wilson - Above average arm, below average head. Came into the season with high expectations, but how much of Arkansas' failures fall on him. Rough offseason for Arkansas, but he has the same O coordinator & running the same O. Reminds me a little of Jay Cutler both in ability and attitude.

5. Sean Renfree - My out in left field pick. This kid from Duke can play QB. He may not have much of a team around him, but watch out. If anybody surprises and makes a big jump up the boards, it's this guy IMO. Smart, mobile, and big arm and plays in more of a pro style offense. Really like this kid and I think he could be the best of the bunch in this years draft once their NFL careers are over.

Geno played well in a pro style system before and Brady currently plays in a spread offense. I was talking about skill-set more than anything.

I am not that hyped on Barkley, he looks like Tony Romo without clutch issue and Romo's pocket mobility.

E.J. Manuel is a wierd prospect. Some want to compare him to Jason Campbell, some will say pre-injury Carson Palmer but I say he looks more like Stafford and Culpepper. But it's early and I need more time to see what he does this year as with all prospects at QB.

Zach Dysert, he might be the Dominique Davis of the class. A player you rate high that no one is talking about but gets passed on. I need to see more.

Tyler Wilson has talent but is he a product of a system more than anything. I do know this. Losing Petrino is worst than Brees losing Payton. Just much much worse considering how bad John L. Smith is. He is freefalling.

I love Sean Renfree. One of my favorite prospects in this draft. He will get into the bulk of the schedule soon. Duke is 4-1 blink.png

I like Tajh Boyd, Geno Smith, A.J. McCarron, and E.J. Manuel a lot so far. But the season is still young. I think Boyd is a beast but he might come back for his Sr. season. I still won't count out Logan Thomas. He has so much talent but he needs to put it all together which was the case with E.J. last year and RG3 two years ago.

I disagree with Wilson. I think his head is fine although sometimes he falls apart (like VS Texas am on Saturday). I don't think much of Arky's failures fall on him. Knile Davis is not the same, the O.line sucks, the defense sucks, the coaching sucks. The whole team sucks. The same OC? Not really. Bobby Petrino was the OC, even if his brother was in name.

I knew in watching Bray as a freshman that he'd likely be a first round pick.

That being said, he hasn't shown the type of leadership and consistency that'd make me want to take him in the first. I think he has a lot of talent, but I question his maturity and work ethic above everything else.

His footwork is sloppy, his attitude and leadership isn't what you want it to be, and he has accuracy issues on account of his inconsistent throwing motion and aforementioned footwork problems.

All of these things added together do not bode well for his future in the NFL.

I loved him two years ago and even last year, but he has not developed the way I think he should've over the past two years. I think he should be better than what he is right now. To me, that speaks to his work ethic (or lack thereof). He also had a dumb off-the-field incident this offseason where he was apparently shltfaced and decided to throw beer bottles from atop his apartment balcony at some chick's car. To me, that speaks to his immaturity.

If he stays for his senior year and really takes that next step forward in terms of his maturity, leadership, and on-the-field consistency, then, and only THEN, would I consider him with a first round pick.

Otherwise, I'd draft him in the 3rd, like a Ryan Mallet, if I'm a relatively successful organization with a good-to-great QB that he can learn under (Saints, Packers, Chargers, etc.). If I'm such a team team, perhaps we could groom him and eventually trade him for some draft picks down the line.

Edited by BlazerFalcon