For All The Vick Fans (Rc Import)

Shredman

The 09 Vick thing had become mostly racial in Atlanta, I was kinda disappointed at the Falcons fans for acting that way, then i realized it was just some Vick fans who were never Falcon fans from the start, & in the mist of all of the turmoil, they felt Matt Ryan had took his job (which he didn't) & somehow it melted down to Vick lovers (mostly black ) & Ryan lovers (mostly white) having this clash. The crazy part about it is that Ryan didn't even play & Vick didn't start so when he came in after we were getting blown out & scored, it was some crazy validation that Vick was better, and even though Ryan won last years game, the Vick fans here in Atlanta, still blame it on Vick getting hurt. It for what ever reason was just misplaced racial pride kinda like what happens with Obama (not getting political just making a point) I personally will never understand it

The 09 Vick thing had become mostly racial in Atlanta, I was kinda disappointed at the Falcons fans for acting that way, then i realized it was just some Vick fans who were never Falcon fans from the start, & in the mist of all of the turmoil, they felt Matt Ryan had took his job (which he didn't) & somehow it melted down to Vick lovers (mostly black ) & Ryan lovers (mostly white) having this clash. The crazy part about it is that Ryan didn't even play & Vick didn't start so when he came in after we were getting blown out & scored, it was some crazy validation that Vick was better, and even though Ryan won last years game, the Vick fans here in Atlanta, still blame it on Vick getting hurt. It for what ever reason was just misplaced racial pride kinda like what happens with Obama (not getting political just making a point) I personally will never understand it

That's what it really is. I agree with you %100. The thing that makes me mad is that most people don't realize they are being racist. These are the same guys calling for Davis to start over Ryan, but never really watched him play. 09 was an embarrassment. Ryan give us a better record and brighter future then Vick ever did, and these idiots screamed for his return then wondered why were labeled worst sports city and not being real fans

Vick is on of the worst QBs in the NFL. Matt is the best. Eat that Vick fans. Your dude is being benched by a **** rookie. What's funny is the Vick fans that have moved to the Eagles are still beeitching about his offensive line. Some people never learn.

I also think we non-Vick fans (aka Matt fans) need to move on. Vick is not part of the narrative here so why are we mentioning him.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Don't want to get on the race issue, but Atlanta is not the only team in the NFL to have fans battling about the team's starting QBs and they also wouldn't be the last. He was the starting QB for Atlanta for a while and made Atlanta relevant in the NFL for a while, when no one ever really talked about us, even when we were winning. I was a huge fan myself. I still am, but not as crazy as before, since I am a Falcons fan first and foremost. To the post that brought up the Obama comparison, Americans have been voting before Obama came to office and will continue to vote after he leaves. You can bring up the race issue for both politicians, but the minority vote was way less than half the percentage that got Obama into office in 2008.

This again. It was never truly racial it is just that some people tried to make it that way. It would be hard to love the Falcons and be a racist because most of them are black.

The best way to move on is to stop beating this dead horse.

Thank you. Couldn't have said it better.

Don't want to get on the race issue, but Atlanta is not the only team in the NFL to have fans battling about the team's starting QBs and they also wouldn't be the last. He was the starting QB for Atlanta for a while and made Atlanta relevant in the NFL for a while, when no one ever really talked about us, even when we were winning. I was a huge fan myself. I still am, but not as crazy as before, since I am an Falcons fan first and foremost. To the post that brought up the Obama comparison, Americans have been voting before Obama came to office and will continue to vote after he leaves. You can bring up the race issue for both politicians, but the minority vote was way less than half the percentage that got Obama into office in 2008.

I stopped reading there because there is no battle over our QB. Our QB is Matt Ryan and it will be for a long long time.

The main issue was that Vick took the Falcons to the NFC Champions game and Matt Ryan never won a playoff game. This is a fact but that's not the point i'm getting at. That's what the common fan, that lives in Atlanta, will always be in the back of their mind.

Now, I know the Falcons some diehard fans because i've seen them on here. I've also lived in and/or visited atleast 30 different states in my life. Compared to the rest of the country, Atlanta by far, has THE WORST fanbase i've ever seen in my life.

It is extremely too many fair weather fans. Extremely too many fans that don't know anything about the game. Vick fans seen his very little playoff success, how he ran the ball, and was an exciting player. They didn't pay attention to the fumbles and how he barely passed the ball because they barely watched the game. They just pay attention to the highlights and seen the "W". That's all that mattered to Vick fans.

Vick is playing awful right now and they'd still rather have Vick over Ryan right now because Vick is an exciting player. Everytime I talk to them I tell them, "Let Matt Ryan throw 3 interception in one game and yall would be talking shi+ for weeks. Vick does it and it's nothing but excuses for him.

The main issue was that Vick took the Falcons to the NFC Champions game and Matt Ryan never won a playoff game. This is a fact but that's not the point i'm getting at. That's what the common fan, that lives in Atlanta, will always be in the back of their mind.

Now, I know the Falcons some diehard fans because i've seen them on here. I've also lived in and/or visited atleast 30 different states in my life. Compared to the rest of the country, Atlanta by far, has THE WORST fanbase i've ever seen in my life.

It is extremely too many fair weather fans. Extremely too many fans that don't know anything about the game. Vick fans seen his very little playoff success, how he ran the ball, and was an exciting player. They didn't pay attention to the fumbles and how he barely passed the ball because they barely watched the game. They just pay attention to the highlights and seen the "W". That's all that mattered to Vick fans.

Vick is playing awful right now and they'd still rather have Vick over Ryan right now because Vick is an exciting player. Everytime I talk to them I tell them, "Let Matt Ryan throw 3 interception in one game and yall would be talking shi+ for weeks. Vick does it and it's nothing but excuses for him.

I had to reread this because Im used to ignoring what you say. Great post.