Ever Met Any Celebrities?

cnasty

Have you ever met anybody famous? Do you personally know anybody famous? How are/were they? I'll start...

Zach Galifianakis, he was beardless on Bourbon Street around the time of Voodoo Fest last year. I just walked up to him, shook his hand, and told him I was a fan. He was cool as **** about it and we went about our day.

Afroman, this was like spring of '07. He was doing a show in Auburn and I went. My roommate and I were burning in the parking lot and I guess one of his roadies/crew smelled us. Long story short, we went back to their hotel after the show and burned one. Dude was cool as ****. Really down to earth.

Colby Rasmus, lesser known baseball player from my hometown. My brother played ball with him while they were growing up and he was working out at the same gym that I went to when I went home for the holidays. Tried to see if he was interested in a new agent, not so much.

Chipper Jones, played in a very high stakes poker game in Atlanta in '08/'09. He was one of the players. Terrible card player. Easily lost 10k that night. He was OK, I guess.

Only famous person that I ever met was Ed Obannon who played for UCLA and the NJ Nets. It's kind of a funny story. I was just out of high school at the time and went to a backyard party in Whittier, California. He was with a buddy of his who was carrying around a bottle of Absolute vodka. I was on acid at the time and wasn't in my right mind. I started talking crap to both of them, and forced his buddy to give me some of his vodka. Then I turned to Ed and started to harass him about smoking weed. I kept telling him "don't lie man, you know you smoke". My friends finally grabbed me and we left the party.

Only famous person that I ever met was Ed Obannon who played for UCLA and the NJ Nets. It's kind of a funny story. I was just out of high school at the time and went to a backyard party in Whittier, California. He was with a buddy of his who was carrying around a bottle of Absolute vodka. I was on acid at the time and wasn't in my right mind. I started talking crap to both of them, and forced his buddy to give me some of his vodka. Then I turned to Ed and started to harass him about smoking weed. I kept telling him "don't lie man, you know you smoke". My friends finally grabbed me and we left the party.

dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

Hank Aaron comes by my shop occasionaly so I'd say he's the biggest name on my list.

Chatted with Pink Floyd keyboardist Rick Wright at a Roger Waters show back in '99. He was sitting in the row in front of me.

Literally bumped into Matthew Broderick on the NBC studio tour way back in the early 90's when he was on SNL.

Others: Leo Mazzone, Don Sutton, John Scherholtz, Ron Gant, Gaylord Perry, Derek Trucks, Greg Allman, Mike Gordon.

I've met Art Alexakis, the lead singer of Everclear, probably 10-12 times.

The last time I also met Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray. Very cool guy.

I went to school with Pete Van Wieren's son, we were in the band together, and I've known Pete since I was probably 15 years old, although it's been probably a decade since I spoke to him last.

Matt Waldman, who has become a fairly prominent football writer, was also in the Henderson High band. He was a great saxophone player. We are still in contact. I am talking to him about doing some free research for him.

Until a couple of years ago my wife's aunt was married to the 16th richest man in America. I don't want to write his name but there is a candy bar named after his father.

From 8th to 10th grade, I was in the same class at Lakeside High School with Samantha Power. She is a Pulitzer Prize winning author and a current member of President Obama's National Security Council. I can't remember her exact title. Of course, she wasn't famous when I was in school with her lol.

I caught footballs for Greg Davis once or twice when I was a kid, and later played a few games of basketball with him. He was the kicker for the Atlanta Falcons for several years after Mick Luckhurst retired.

I stayed in a condo with Harry Douglas at the 2009 Super Bowl in Tampa for 4 days. Very cool guy.

I guess that about covers it.

I've met Art Alexakis, the lead singer of Everclear, probably 10-12 times.

The last time I also met Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray. Very cool guy.

I went to school with Pete Van Wieren's son, we were in the band together, and I've known Pete since I was probably 15 years old, although it's been probably a decade since I spoke to him last.

Matt Waldman, who has become a fairly prominent football writer, was also in the Henderson High band. He was a great saxophone player. We are still in contact. I am talking to him about doing some free research for him.

Until a couple of years ago my wife's aunt was married to the 16th richest man in America. I don't want to write his name but there is a candy bar named after his father.

From 8th to 10th grade, I was in the same class at Lakeside High School with Samantha Power. She is a Pulitzer Prize winning author and a current member of President Obama's National Security Council. I can't remember her exact title. Of course, she wasn't famous when I was in school with her lol.

I caught footballs for Greg Davis once or twice when I was a kid, and later played a few games of basketball with him. He was the kicker for the Atlanta Falcons for several years after Mick Luckhurst retired.

I stayed in a condo with Harry Douglas at the 2009 Super Bowl in Tampa for 4 days. Very cool guy.

I guess that about covers it.

Whatchamacallit?

met chipper jones at my high school when he came to lift some weights with our high school ball coach. when i asked him for an autograph he seemed annoyed, but what else you gonna do when your 17 leaving football practice at 7pm

met ronnie brown a few times around here in town when he was at auburn.

kristen dunce when she was here filming a movie here, just said good luck with the baby and moved on

met coach richt and bobby bowden at school when they came to vist a few players, made sure to wear my gator gear those days

alice copper while walking around at dragon con on my way to a hotel room to meet some friends

a few pro wrestling guys. met buff bagwell at a steakhouse and rick steiner at my high school at a FCA meeting

met chipper jones at my high school when he came to lift some weights with our high school ball coach. when i asked him for an autograph he seemed annoyed, but what else you gonna do when your 17 leaving football practice at 7pm

met ronnie brown a few times around here in town when he was at auburn.

reese witherspoon when she was here filming a movie here, just said good luck with the baby and moved on

met coach richt and bobby bowden at school when they came to vist a few players, made sure to wear my gator gear those days

alice copper while walking around at dragon con on my way to a hotel room to meet some friends

a few pro wrestling guys. met buff bagwell at a steakhouse and rick steiner at my high school at a FCA meeting

My cousin was a professional wrestler and I actually trained briefly to become one at Tim Woods (Mr Wrestling #1) gym so I met almost everyone in the business in the late 70`s early 80`s. I later became a boxing official with the Va. State Athletic Commission and met many of boxing`s big names including George Foreman, Evander Holyfield (who I despise), Sugar Ray Leonard, Sweet Pea Whitaker, and many others.

Have you ever met anybody famous? Do you personally know anybody famous? How are/were they? I'll start...

Zach Galifianakis, he was beardless on Bourbon Street around the time of Voodoo Fest last year. I just walked up to him, shook his hand, and told him I was a fan. He was cool as **** about it and we went about our day.

Afroman, this was like spring of '07. He was doing a show in Auburn and I went. My roommate and I were burning in the parking lot and I guess one of his roadies/crew smelled us. Long story short, we went back to their hotel after the show and burned one. Dude was cool as ****. Really down to earth.

Colby Rasmus, lesser known baseball player from my hometown. My brother played ball with him while they were growing up and he was working out at the same gym that I went to when I went home for the holidays. Tried to see if he was interested in a new agent, not so much.

Chipper Jones, played in a very high stakes poker game in Atlanta in '08/'09. He was one of the players. Terrible card player. Easily lost 10k that night. He was OK, I guess.

Colby's dad was a coach at Glenwood when I was there, and Colby and Corey used to come to our summer basketball camps. They were TINY back then. Their dad was (and probably still is) a ******* *******, all four of those kids did not have a childhood, they lived, breathed, and ate sports and weight training.

met tons, probably too many to list/remember. Mostly Musicians from my old playing days. But without a doubt Smokin a joint with Joey Ramone has to top my list

I'd like to smoke a joint with Joey Ramone right now and ask him how he feels about Cee Lo Greens rendition of Blitzkrieg Bop.

I've hung out with the guys from janes addiction on 2 occasions. Once at the fox another time at phips. Smoked with them they even did a private jam. My cousin is close with the drummer Stephen we got them some party favors while they wher in town. Everyone was down to earth except dave Navarro. We apwhere all in a room about the size of a bedroom and the guy never even looked at me. He like staring at the ceiling the entire time playing his guitar.

When I was a kid my dad was working on diamond Dallas pages house so we got to go to a Christmas party over there back in the wcw days. Nick doles ddp his hit wife dusty Rhodes everybody was there as a 13 year old I thought this was amazing!

Kenny Rogers and The Bus - my wife taught one of Kenny's boys and both of the Bus's kids

Hank Aaron - is a good friend of my dad's

Maynard Jackson - dated one of his daughters

Joseph Lowery - went to his church. Played for his men's choir. Sung in the New Advent Choir

Evander Holyfield - worked with his brother James at Washington Park

Cheryl Tiegs - sat next to her on an ATL to LA flight back when she was hot

Dennis Rodman - in a restaurant in Vegas. Strange, strange, strange

Lawrence Taylor - met him at a strip club. Dude is much bigger than I thought

Frank Layden - sat next to him from Fresno to Utah. Freakin hilarious

Bruce Bruce - lives nearby. See him at the corner store a lot. He is always crackin jokes

Falcons - Deion, Nobis, Van Note, Chris Hinton, Rod Coleman

Hawks - all of the 86 team. Kevin Willis used to date my roommate

Braves - all of the 86 team

Jerome Walton and Shannon Anderson - played on a rec basketball team with them

Moses Malone - produced a group that was signed to him. Hilarious

Musicians, producers and artists - worked with Monica, Waka, Lloyd, Serch (3rd Bass), Silk, Keith Wilder (Heatwave), 112, Lil Corey, Rico Love, The Dream, The Spinners, Archie Bell, Carla Thomas, The Barkays, Roger Troutman, Arnold Hennings, Jque "the clutch", Ester Dean, DJ Speedy, Sam Salter and more. Have met but not worked with many others like Stevie Wonder, Ray Parker Jr., Ernie Isley, Usher, Dallas Austin, Babyface, Tricky Stewart, Killer Mike, Jazze Pha, Sammie, TLC, Keri Hilson, T.I., Gipp and TMo of Goodie Mob, members of Arrested Development, Mista and Blackstreet. Worked as a roadie at AFCS on many concerts including ZZ Top, Kiss, Parliament Funkadelic, Ohio Players, War, Boosty's Rubberband, Edgar Winter and Blue Oyster Cult.

Met Emma Stone and her mother I believe in Vegas talked for a good 12 minutes, my friend's dad was hitting on her and her mom. We were all drunk at the time and had knew idea who she was. Didn't realize till she left. She was very nice chill and sarcastic.

Met Snoop Dogg in a random as gas station in a freeway in the middle of nowhere. Didn't say anything just took a piss next to him at a stall. He had some fine *** women in his car.

I have met a few in my 29 yrs...I bumped into Warrick Dunn at Dallas/Ft Worth airport back in May of this year. I hung out with Kenan and Kel back when they had their own tv show. My aunt worked on set and I was able to chill with them. I saw Brian Jordan at JR Crickets and had a conversation with him. My then girlfriend and now wife was an assistant to one of the biggest hip hop promoters in ATL and I pretty much met all the mainstream rap artist and athletes..TI, Jeezy, Rick Ross, 2 chainz,drake,lil wayne, Roddy white, Joe Johnson,Josh Smith, Jason Terry, and the list goes on and on.

I had a friend in school, Benji, that was an actor who incidentally died about a year ago. He was in movies with Michael Anthony Hall, Kenny Rogers, Dianne Lane, Jennifer Connelly, and Allison Hannigan. He also dated Lisa Welchel.

I met Wayne Knight (Newman) through him who also lived in Cartersville.

I met George Jones at Angelo's Steak Pit in PCB.

I met Gerald Riggs at Wal-Mart in PCB.