Josh Hamilton

Falconsfan567

I said before that I didn't want Hamilton given his age and injury potential. But I don't care about that **** anymore. I just want Hamilton in a Braves uniform next year. I know that will never happen but hey a guy can dream right?

You don't him to play for the Braves. He swings at everything and he is always getting hurt. He is going to ask for a ton of money. The Braves shouldn't be burden by that load. I live in Tx so I watch a lot of Ranger games.

You don't him to play for the Braves. He swings at everything and he is always getting hurt. He is going to ask for a ton of money. The Braves shouldn't be burden by that load. I live in Tx so I watch a lot of Ranger games.

Yes. Those are the negatives. But the 40 plus homeruns and above-average defense and baserunning make up for that. The money will be the only reason he won't end up with the Braves.

He wouldn't hit 40 homers at Turner Field.

I wouldn't be so certain about that. Have you seen his home/road splits?

Home = .289/.358/.579 (.937) = 15 2B, 0 3B, 22 HR, 69 RBI

Road = .286/.357/.591 (.948) = 15 2B, 2 3B, 21 HR, 58 RBI

Home = .294/.349/.563 (.912) = 16 2B, 3 3B, 14 HR, 54 RBI

Road = .301/.342/.510 (.852 = 15 2B, 2 2B, 11 HR, 40 RBI

Do I need to keep going? Also take into account he plays many of his road games in Seattle, Los Angeles and Oakland at night where it's hard to hit homeruns. Especially in Seattle and Oakland.

Put Heyward in CF.

I would love to have Hamilton too, but I also think he will be to expensive.

I also would not want Heyward in CF. While I think he is capable of playing the position I do not want to wear and tear of the position to take away from his offensive ability

One thing I've learned about Rick Sutcliffe is that he vastly overrates players and what kind of contracts they will get. I forget who it was, but last year he said someone was going to get a 3-year, $39M deal and that didn't come to be true. I think it was Josh Willingham. Willingham ended up getting 3 years for $21M.

Now he just said that B.J. Upton is going to get 4-6 years at $18-22M. Both Aaron Boone and Tim Kurkijan (who actually knows) said that Upton was looking at 4-6 years at $10-15M.

ATLBrave would you do a Upton deal if it were somewhere between $10-15M? I would in a heartbeat.

One thing I've learned about Rick Sutcliffe is that he vastly overrates players and what kind of contracts they will get. I forget who it was, but last year he said someone was going to get a 3-year, $39M deal and that didn't come to be true. I think it was Josh Willingham. Willingham ended up getting 3 years for $21M.

Now he just said that B.J. Upton is going to get 4-6 years at $18-22M. Both Aaron Boone and Tim Kurkijan (who actually knows) said that Upton was looking at 4-6 years at $10-15M.

ATLBrave would you do a Upton deal if it were somewhere between $10-15M? I would in a heartbeat.

I mentioned in another thread... BOTH Upton's may be available.

If the braves can not get a deal done for Bourn, I say Sign BJ and then flip a couple of the young arms the braves have for Justin and bring them both to Atlanta.

I mentioned in another thread... BOTH Upton's may be available.

If the braves can not get a deal done for Bourn, I say Sign BJ and then flip a couple of the young arms the braves have for Justin and bring them both to Atlanta.

I would love to have both Uptons. I don't want Bourn back. I do not want Bourn back. I want to make that clear.

0 for 4 in an elimination game and a soul crushing error that helped to lose them the AL West pennant.

This guy would fit in perfectly with the Braves.

and thats probably why he will end up in Atl. Just fits the mold of a typical Braves choker.