Team Weaknesses? No Big Deal

FalconsfanDK

Amazing how basically every position considered a hole/weakness on this team has been filled and improved to almost perfection. And done so with the same group of guys

Needed a new LT cause Sam Baker sucked and couldn't block anyone. Position filled by... Our very own Sam Baker playing very admirably.

Hard hitting but lacking in coverage safety William Moore replaced by hard hitting and ball hawking William Moore.

Average, and big-play-prone safety Thomas Decoud replaced by ball hawking and always in the right spot Thomas Decoud.

Hard hitting but coverage lacking/big play prone Dunta Robinson replaced by tight covering, hardhitting Dunta Robinson.

Solid but not great Stephen Nicholas replaced by awesome tackling machine Stephen Nicholas.

And you might also include: Great QB Matt Ryan replaced by amazing QB Matt Ryan

And the rest of the o-line + d-line to some extend.

forget anyone?

I guess this is quite a good indication of just how important coaching is.

Hurray for Nolan and Koetter. (and a lot of hard work by the players, learning and executing the new system)

I believe our biggest weakness at the moment is the defensive line. When they step up their run defense we will have the best defense in the league. But even when considering this aspect, we still have hardly any weaknesses now and that is indeed why we are a great team; because every position is clicking together effectively now.

The weaknesses will look like a big deal later in the season. It's a long season, and it's not going to be this easy the whole way. We really have not been challenged, and there's no doubt that we will.

After our first loss, there will be more talk about those weaknesses,and possibly some "blueprint" for stopping or beating the Falcons.

The weaknesses will look like a big deal later in the season. It's a long season, and it's not going to be this easy the whole way. We really have not been challenged, and there's no doubt that we will.

After our first loss, there will be more talk about those weaknesses,and possibly some "blueprint" for stopping or beating the Falcons.

It's always that way, but I at least have hope that our coordinators might adapt this year.

. True, but I think our gameplan is extremely efficient. We score a lot of points due to our high powered offense, and our pass defense is excellent with Nolan in control. This leads teams into running the ball and chewing out the clock while not being able to keep up with us in score. With this strategy the only way to beat us in my opinion is to force turnovers from Matt, because you're not going to stop our offense any other way.

i get your point. but you also have to give the team some credit. the chargers haven't scored so few points since 2002. they are usually a high scoring offense.

i know we have only played 3 games, and things will probably look a bit different late in the year.

but i am confident that Nolan knows how to adjust, and very importantly listens to the players and plays to their strenghts.

i don't know enough about Koetter to make any assumption about how he will handle adversity.

i get your point. but you also have to give the team some credit. the chargers haven't scored so few points since 2002. they are usually a high scoring offense.

i know we have only played 3 games, and things will probably look a bit different late in the year.

but i am confident that Nolan knows how to adjust, and very importantly listens to the players and plays to their strenghts.

i don't know enough about Koetter to make any assumption about how he will handle adversity.

That's how I see things too.

Well the Falcons are playing very well indeed, but I still see some weaknesses:

(1) Defense still having problems with third-downs. Opposing teams are converting slightly over 50% of their third downs, which ranks the Falcons next-to-the-last among NFL teams. Pass coverage by Dunta and our Nickle corners are still suspect to me. Defensive line is getting somewhat better pressure than last year, but are still having difficulty closing the pressure with QB sacks.

(2) Defense having problems stopping the run. Some of this is attributable to using the nickle package more than the base package. However, some is due to poor tackling, and some is due to lack of tackles by our Defensive Line, especially the DTs.

(3) Offense Line still having problems run blocking and opening-up running lanes. Some of the lack of rushing production is due to Turner's slow start to the season, and possibly beginning to lose some of his vision, speed, and explosiveness.

Well the Falcons are playing very well indeed, but I still see some weaknesses:

(1) Defense still having problems with third-downs. Opposing teams are converting slightly over 50% of their third downs, which ranks the Falcons next-to-the-last among NFL teams. Pass coverage by Dunta and our Nickle corners are still suspect to me. Defensive line is getting somewhat better pressure than last year, but are still having difficulty closing the pressure with QB sacks.

(2) Defense having problems stopping the run. Some of this is attributable to using the nickle package more than the base package. However, some is due to poor tackling, and some is due to lack of tackles by our Defensive Line, especially the DTs.

(3) Offense Line still having problems run blocking and opening-up running lanes. Some of the lack of rushing production is due to Turner's slow start to the season, and possibly beginning to lose some of his vision, speed, and explosiveness.

I agree with most but we got 6 sacks the first two game, I dont think you give enough credit to philip rivers as a qb that can get out of pressure, and hey those pressures only got us one sack, but two INTS I will take that over a sack anyd ay of the week