Put Up Or Shut Up: Sign In If You Believe That Voting For Democrats Is Antithetical To Achievement

HolyMoses

Snake, SB, flip flop, etc. I'm disguisted by your perpetual demonizing of my Party. The "47%" "takers" etc. I wonder if there isn't some self loathing in place here.

1) Go on record here that you think democrats are lazy, uneducated, poor moochers.

2) Define achievement

If you can't do that, please stop with the demonization of those who see a different path to this nation's greatness.

Thank you.

So exactly how do you define achievement?

Who are the best educated most likely to vote for

(for whom are the most educated likely to vote?)

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/results/president/national-exit-polls.html

Edited by holymoses

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rambler:

Its one thing to call someone on the phone and ask them who they would vote for. We all know that if the video game crowd could send a vote for Obama on election day the election would be over in 10 minutes. Asking them to drive to the polls and make another 4 year commitment to Obama when they cant find a job and are living in their parents basement takes a whole new level of commitment.

I disagree with the lazy, uneducated, moochers part, some of the smartest people I know are liberal. I will say this though, most of the liberal stances on issues, to me just don't make sense. As i've gotten older, I name call much less than I used to. Typically I avoid the political theater of ABF. But I feel so strongly about my beliefs that some of the stances liberals take, truly seem illogical to me.

I disagree with the lazy, uneducated, moochers part, some of the smartest people I know are liberal. I will say this though, most of the liberal stances on issues, to me just don't make sense. As i've gotten older, I name call much less than I used to. Typically I avoid the political theater of ABF. But I feel so strongly about my beliefs that some of the stances liberals take, truly seem illogical to me.

That's fair. Be specific. One of the most difficult places for us to start as human beings is the premise that something we don't understand might SEEM illogical precisely because we haven't bothered to figure it out. But that's exactly where we SHOULD always START.

Also, I don't care if you're a Republican or a Democrat, if you have 5+ threads on the first page, you're being a tool. And the fact that Julian was never banned is a joke. If he can say something about Jews in an oven and still be here, yet PP and others get banned, there's an issue.

That's fair. Be specific. One of the most difficult places for us to start as human beings is the premise that something we don't understand might SEEM illogical precisely because we haven't bothered to figure it out. But that's exactly where we SHOULD always START.

Sure. I'll start with taxes. I'm far from being in an upper tax bracket, but I don't think it's the responsibility of the rich to pay for the poor. I think the Fair Tax seems to be the way to go.

I think that government assistance is out of control.

I support gay marriage.

I'm against abortion, but I think that it's a touchy subject with instances of rape and incest. I do not think that it should be funded by tax payer dollars however.

I think that as a nation we should take the stance that we are the best. We will do what's best for this nation, and these people before any other country. If we have people starving here, then we do not need to be sending aid to as many places as we are.

I made a thread a couple years ago about our corporate tax rate. At the time it was the first or second highest in the world. I think it should be set as an incentive: hire more in the US and rate will lower. The left wants to make corporate America out to be the bad guys, I don't feel that way.

I'm rambling a little bit, sorry.

Also, I don't care if you're a Republican or a Democrat, if you have 5+ threads on the first page, you're being a tool. And the fact that Julian was never banned is a joke. If he can say something about Jews in an oven and still be here, yet PP and others get banned, there's an issue.

In Julian's defense he has gotten 100x better...

Heck in the Israel/ Iran thread he and I were having a reasonable discussion until it got crazy, then he didn't reply.

He is what he is.

I was a strong homosexual basher back in 04... I now am no longer like that and am ashamed I acted that way. People change with time.

Though in mitts case that can be mid sentence...

****** I couldn't help myself!

If you live in NC vote Pat Mcrory!

Edited by lostone

I dont know if you were talking to me but I'll answer anyway since i have quasi-defended Romney's 47% remark. I don't think that democrats are lazy moochers. I just despise that the vast majority support the idea that food, shelter, and healthcare are rights.

My personal belief, and it comes from experience, is that fear is the best motivator of all time. Fear of starving, fear of being homeless, fear of dying...

I'm pro-gun, dont give a **** about abortion and religion but realize they have their place and if people want those things they should be able to have them. Bringing industries back to the U.S. would solve all the welfare issues so why isnt that an issue? Thats my main beef. Lets put people to work. Im neither R or D.

Can't bring those jobs back because people are not willing to pay the price for those products to be made here.

Yet we dump millions into an auto industry we are trying to phase out. We can bring those jobs back if we wanted to in Washington.

So we start paying people to being jobs back? That sounds very... Not republican... That would mean we are picking winners and losers... Or maybe I am misinterpreting you...

Sure. I'll start with taxes. I'm far from being in an upper tax bracket, but I don't think it's the responsibility of the rich to pay for the poor. I think the Fair Tax seems to be the way to go.

Taxes are complicated. It sounds fair to tax everyone the same. But I like to think of it that we ARE all taxed the same. I am fortunate enough to have some of my income taxed at the highest rate. But most of my income is taxed at lowere rates. I pay the same percentage on the first $50k as someone who makes a total of $50k. I am pretty happy to pay higher rates on higher income because the reality of life is that the basic needs are there for everyone, and it doesn't seem fair to tax people on money to go to basic needs. Now, we can disagree on what a basic need is and isn't, but I'm pretty sure owning a Porsche boxster as third car is not a basic need. It makes sense to me that revenue to cover government cots come out of money I'd like to spend on a boxster as a third car than say, money needed to a child's food, housing and clothing.

What benefits do you see that "the poor" are getting that they should not receive? What's the alternative?

I think that government assistance is out of control.

Specifics? Clinton and the republicans ended the era of able bodied folks getting a free ride.

I support gay marriage.

Cool. Civil riights issue of our generation

I'm against abortion, but I think that it's a touchy subject with instances of rape and incest. I do not think that it should be funded by tax payer dollars however.

Yeah, It's touch all right.

I think that as a nation we should take the stance that we are the best. We will do what's best for this nation, and these people before any other country. If we have people starving here, then we do not need to be sending aid to as many places as we are.

Examples? BTW, In my opinion, Republicans like talking about how great America is. Obama has articulated specifically WHY America is so great.

I made a thread a couple years ago about our corporate tax rate. At the time it was the first or second highest in the world. I think it should be set as an incentive: hire more in the US and rate will lower. The left wants to make corporate America out to be the bad guys, I don't feel that way.

Regulation is not a dirty word. I don't trust the market place to protect the environment. We have all paid the price for unchecked and irresponsible greed. Beurocracy is bad. Smart, taylored protections for consumers, markets, and the environment are essential.

I'm rambling a little bit, sorry.

Better to be rambling than Rambler.

Whole tax code has to be rewritten to allow us to become more competitive. I am not talking tax cuts for the rich, but we need to create a system where it is better for a business person to reinvest his money than take it out of his business.

I say we model after Germany. They somehow have kept their jobs even though they are not competitive to china.

Whole tax code has to be rewritten to allow us to become more competitive. I am not talking tax cuts for the rich, but we need to create a system where it is better for a business person to reinvest his money than take it out of his business.

I say we model after Germany. They somehow have kept their jobs even though they are not competitive to china.

I'm not an accountant, but I'm pretty sure that money reinvested in business is not taxed as income. I'm pretty sure it's actually a deduction.

So we start paying people to being jobs back? That sounds very... Not republican... That would mean we are picking winners and losers... Or maybe I am misinterpreting you...

Who said I was a republican? Why shouldnt we give business's a tax break and stimulus to get started back up in the US? If we cut off the Middle East completely for 3 years we would have enough money to do all kinds of things.