I May Be In The Minority.....

RealBird!

But I like what is going on with the replacement refs. I can't remember the last time I saw so many underdogs get the upper hand.

I've been watching this team for a long time and can't remember the last time the deck wasn't stacked against us with the regular refs. I've seen late hits, illegal contacts, neutral zone infractions galore from many of our opponents...until now. It's ABOUT **** TIME that the Packers, Saints, Pats, Steelers, <insert any latest media darling> get their comeuppance. Now they know what it feels like to get jobbed for reasons unexplained. Bad for them but it makes me feel good.

All this crying and whining is sickening...."wahh, wahh, wahh the ref screwed me" doesn't cut it. Where was this mass outrage during the 08-09 playoffs and Arizona lined up in the neutral zone play after play? Where was the outrage when Brees and Payton ran the score up on us, with a little help from the regular refs. You know what we were told?

"You don't want someone stealing your manhood? Then don't let them!" and I say the same response is in order.

Was it a touchdown? Nah, I won't go that far but the DB DID NOT DO what it took to get the call.

You know, he could've snatched the ball during the scrum and run to his sideline but he didn't....He could've smacked the ball into the front row but he didn't... he could've drove through the receiver to make sure the catch wasn't easy but he didn't. Right, wrong, or indifferent he felt it was more important to be the hero than it was doing his job...and he got what he deserved.

Get the real deal back on the field soon please!

I am about to f'in puke if I hear one more word about this calamity last night. It's mindboggling to me to have to endure this continuous, nonstop, horsedoodoo on tv. Get a life. How can someone dedicate a one hour long show to nothing but covering this rotten call.

Its real dam simple! The packers picked off the pass in the end zone after the reciever pushed down a GB defender. Then the refs made the opposite call. Period. How many seconds did that take to cover it? Vomit.

Get the real deal back on the field soon please!

I am about to f'in puke if I hear one more word about this calamity last night. It's mindboggling to me to have to endure this continuous, nonstop, horsedoodoo on tv. Get a life. How can someone dedicate a one hour long show to nothing but covering this rotten call.

Its real dam simple! The packers picked off the pass in the end zone after the reciever pushed down a GB defender. Then the refs made the opposite call. Period. How many seconds did that take to cover it? Vomit.

Those same refs who blew up two championship games and two super bowls only to apologize later. The old ones were no better but I am sick of the Media circus. If they come back, the refs should get same scrutiny and should be benched or fired if they can't get it done or favor some teams.

Refs have always been terrible. Remember the Eagles game a few years ago when we went 9-7? The refs cost us that game and that one game ended up keeping us out of the playoffs. Did the media make a big deal out of it? Not at all. We've even won games thanks to bad calls by the refs (Roddy's offensive PI against the Ravens). The old refs made bad calls that decided games all the time. It's not new. ESPN just needs something to talk about since Tebow isn't getting any playing time.

Edited by Captain Falcon

The old refs want money, so let them have it in an incentive based deal. They blow a call, they get less money. Problem solved.

I like this better but Old refs are against disciplining or refs being benched for poor calls. Its one of the contention between NFL and refs.

Edited by falcons007

Well said....wins come because of pure determination and hard work, not because the ref laid $500 on you in Vegas.

I dont think either set of refs are placing bets before games though. All I know is that the NFL is a mess because of Goodell. When/If the real refs come back, they are going to be judged even harsher than these guys were. And they usually screw up just as much.

I actually like the replacement refs because they are at least fair for both teams. It's not like they only blow calls against specific teams, they blow calls for both teams.

My fear is that the Falcons might actually do well this year but it get an asterisk in the record books noting the refs were replacements

My fear is that the Falcons might actually do well this year but it get an asterisk in the record books noting the refs were replacements

Does any one have an Asterisk against Saints. The refs apologized for screwing Vikings in NFC championship game on a crucial interception call in the red zone after a week. Does steelers have an asterisk over the 2006 SB win over sea hawks by giving a bogus TD to Big Ben, Refs admitted they were wrong but after a year no one is going to remember. NFL knows that public memory is short.

Refs have always been terrible. Remember the Eagles game a few years ago when we went 9-7? The refs cost us that game and that one game ended up keeping us out of the playoffs. Did the media make a big deal out of it? Not at all. We've even won games thanks to bad calls by the refs (Roddy's offensive PI against the Ravens). The old refs made bad calls that decided games all the time. It's not new. ESPN just needs something to talk about since Tebow isn't getting any playing time.

I think you're thinking of the 08 Eagles game in Philly. We went 9-7 in 09. The 09 game was at the dome, when Matt got hurt and missed the Eagles and Saints games,that was the game Vick came back, the Eagles routed us, and we became a national embarassment when a bunch of Falcons fans were cheering on the opponents QB.

I dont think either set of refs are placing bets before games though. All I know is that the NFL is a mess because of Goodell. When/If the real refs come back, they are going to be judged even harsher than these guys were. And they usually screw up just as much.

I read earlier that one of the hold ups for the league is the insistence that the NFL have "stand-by" crews ready to replace bad crews and that the refs association refuses to consider this. The NFL believes it's better to have the ability to remove a bad ref/crew in the future, even if it takes a public relations beat down with the replacements right now.